I bought my AP's but

Now I have questions…

Ok, so I called DVC and bought “vouchers.” The CM told me that I just need to go to guest servioces and give them the voucher numbers she gave me and they would in turn give me my Ap’s.

I am wondering :
Do I get the Mickey Monitor now?
Do I get teh Passholder discounts?
Can I log onto the part of the Disney site for passholders only?

Yes, yes, and yes.
Although you might or might not be able to log into the passholder site until you have an actual AP. You won’t get your Mickey Monitor until you’ve converted the voucher into your AP. You will be able to make AP discount reservations as they won’t check until you check in and they ask to see your AP (or voucher).

Did she say anything about sending you the vouchers in the mail? I’m reading your post as you just have a bunch of numbers given over the phone, no type of hard copy.

The voucher is a neon green plastic card, and it should arrive very soon in the mail. You will not be able to log onto the AP site until you have your actual AP pass because you need to have the number on the card in order to sign in. That number is not on the voucher.

We were not able to get passholder discounts until we had the card, either. I tried to see what sort of room rates we’d get, and they asked for the AP number, which I didn’t have yet… I take it you are not looking for room discounts, as you already have your DVC room booked for points? It is possible we didn’t go about in the right way, but basically we were not allowed passholder benefits until we had the card.

You aren’t really a passholder until you activate the card (swap your voucher for the card at guest services). But that is good news because you get the full year of passholder benefits from the moment you activate, not from the moment you order the voucher.

We got our vouchers in the mail (they are hard green cards) and we were able to log into the passholders site with the vouchers. Once you are on the passholders site you can read the mickey monitor on it… I didn’t receive one in the mail. And you can also access any of the discounts offered (like rooms)

Melissa – that is so cool you got all that action off the vouchers! We had the opposite experience, where we were told over and over again that we’d need the number on the actual AP in order to get all the perks. Ah, well… as I said, perhaps we didn’t go about it right.

Nope! You are quite right!! I should have explained more!
You can book a AP rate room BUT upon check in you must show your actual AP and not the voucher.

But you can get into the site and book the room.

I’m not sure with Tables in Wonderland since we didn’t get that but I think it can just be purchased when you exchange your vouchers.

I was able to buy the DDE (what is was before it was called Tables in Wonderland) with just a voucher, the cm asked me for the number on the voucher.

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;965833]Now I have questions…

Ok, so I called DVC and bought “vouchers.” The CM told me that I just need to go to guest servioces and give them the voucher numbers she gave me and they would in turn give me my Ap’s.

I am wondering :
Do I get the Mickey Monitor now?
Do I get teh Passholder discounts?
Can I log onto the part of the Disney site for passholders only?[/QUOTE]

Yes, to all of the above. :happy:

Just a little tip 'cause it can get confusing keeping track of all your discounts, etc.

If you are shopping in DtD, decide to visit Disneyland where there’s no ‘Disney Dining Plan’ per say, in some of the bigger pin stores in WDW, or dining in WDW w/out the dining plan there are many discounts to be had.

Before I pay at a registar (any store or CS location) I always ask “Is there a discount available for DVC, annual pass, or Disney Visa members?” Most CMs will tell you which one to use for the best discount. For example, if you show your DVC card in ‘Basin’ you may only get a 10% discount but if you show your annual you may get 15%. Just throw that line in there before you pay & they’ll usually help. :smile:

Also, if you find yourself buying any pins, ALWAYS ask if they have any ‘special’ pins for DVC, annual pass, or Dis Visa members. Most of the time there is SOMETHING cool hidden in their drawer behind the registrar, ONLY available for purchase by members or AP holders.

OH, another AP holder tip! With your digital camera take a photo of the BACK of your passes, with the ID numbers, name, etc. This way if god forbid someone’s pass in your family gets lost you have a visual to show a Cast Member at the ticket windows for easier relacement.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;965888]OH, another AP holder tip! With your digital camera take a photo of the BACK of your passes, with the ID numbers, name, etc. This way if god forbid someone’s pass in your family gets lost you have a visual to show a Cast Member at the ticket windows for easier relacement.
[/QUOTE]

I done this, but I think someone on MB gave another good tip. If you have one of those fancy dodad phones, email yourself a copy of those numbers. That way if you lose your camera or even your phone, you have an accounting of those numbers someplace.

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;965878]
I’m not sure with Tables in Wonderland since we didn’t get that but I think it can just be purchased when you exchange your vouchers.[/QUOTE]

You can purchase TIW right at the park as soon as you arrive, the one requirement being that you have to do so at the Epcot outside park Guest Services window. So, I’d suggest converting the vouchers to APs and getting the TIW membership all in one shot at Epcot.

I’ve never even had to do that much.
I’ve left my AP home many times and even lost mine in a park one day and all I had to do was go to any Guest Services window, give them my name, and present a picture ID, and I was on my way in minutes with a new AP.
(That’s the up side to the paper ticket style AP instead of a hard plastic photo ID like other parks).

I’ve had the AP for two years but have never gotten the Mickey Monitor. Bummer for me!

Jo-Jo, I asked if they were going to mail the confirmation to me and they said they could but there was a fee (something like $4 per AP), I said I thought I should have it for backup and they said that it was automatically linked in my account notes) This made me a bit nervouse, but the CM I spoke to was very knowledgeable (very rare lately for MS, IMOA). Anyways, I have called a couple of other times for other things and the CM’s always verify the AP is in my notes! Good to know I guess!

This is what I found out incase anyone else needs the information…

Because I am a DVC member purchasing the AP’s at a discount, they are issueing me an “exchange certificate”. It is actually different from a “Voucher”. I need to show my DVC member card at a Guest Services location in order to activate my AP. At that time I will have access to all of the “perks” that come along with an AP! However, I may book a room now at an AP discounted rate, but before I check in I will need to go to a Guest Services Location and pick up my AP’s so I can show them when checking in, OR I will NOT be given the AP Discount rate.

So therefore, No Mickey Monitor, No Passholder access to the Passholder site and that leads to a very sad Nokeynose!

DH did some research though and found a site that has the Mickey monitor for me to browse! What a guy!!! Anyone else that wants to view it can check it out as well!

http://www.florida-project.com/wdw-vacation-handbooks-planning-guides-newsletters/2009-spring-hidden-walt-disney-world

Scroll down it is on the bottom left! Enjoy!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;965933]I’ve never even had to do that much.
I’ve left my AP home many times and even lost mine in a park one day and all I had to do was go to any Guest Services window, give them my name, and present a picture ID, and I was on my way in minutes with a new AP.
(That’s the up side to the paper ticket style AP instead of a hard plastic photo ID like other parks).[/QUOTE]

That’s what I did one morning when I got to Epcot with no AP. I didn’t want to go back to the resort and waste an hour when I could get it replaced in 5 minutes. All I needed was a photo ID and my name. It took a few minutes of looking but the CM found me and printed another AP.