I can make ADRs soon... help decide

I can make my August ADRs in a couple weeks.We’ve decided were getting tired of some of our stand-bys. We want to try some DIFFERENT restaurants!!! I am still unsure how I really feel about making ADRs this early but I’ve learned that if you don’t… you don’t get the ADRs you want…
We need 7 dinner ADRs:

So here is the list of our DEFINATES…

• Teppanyaki
  • Le Cellier
  • Trail’s End (breakfast)

haha, ok and here are our “MAYBE” list (I need help widdling it down to 5)

• Big River Grill & Brewery (only went there once, LOVED the ribs, were staying at BWV)

• Liberty Tree (don’t like Crystal Palace but I want a character dinner)

• Mama Melrose (haven’t been in a few years but enjoyed it when we did)

• Whispering Canyon Cafe (haven’t been in several years, quick boatride from MK)

• Marrakesh ( I LOVE it, hubby hates it)

• Polynesian’s “Spirit of Aloha” or Ohana (DH has NEVER been, I haven’t been to Poly since I was little)

• Rose & Crown(DH LOVES pub food & I love a good “black & tan”)

• Biergarten (we always seem to meet interesting people @ our table)

• Raglan Road (its NEW, and DH still loves Pub food and I still love a good “black and tan”)

UGH!!! how am I EVER going to widdle these down? What do you guys think… if you had to make the cut of “maybes” down to five what would you choose, and why???

THANK YOU, as always. :heart:

Personally I would widdle Mama Melrose out. If you want better Italian, consider Palio. Rose and Crown I would only do if you can correspond it with Illuminations. The experience is worth it, but I wouldn’t go just for the food.

I would keep Whispering Canyon Cafe and Le Cellier in your list. I’d keep 'Ohana too. For me, a trip to Poly is always magical. You could consider adding Hollywood Brown Derby as a possible candidate. Then there is always Narcosee’s and Citrico’s too.

On your maybe list, the following stuck out for me:

Liberty Tree Tavern
Whispering Canyon
Rose & Crown

There’s your five…lol

Jessica, if you need to weed a couple out, I would start with Rose and Crown. Only because you are doing Raglan Road and it is basically the same food and drinks just a different location. If you have already been there, (and not Raglan Rd.)I would take it out. Also, if your DH hates a place, seriously hates it, I would take it out as well. Well, I got you down to 7, does that help??? Also, go ahead and make them. You can always change them along the way if decide to do something different. I sure have, the dining CM’s probably run from the phone at the thought of my calling again!! LOL

Here’s my 2 cents:

• Big River Grill & Brewery (only went there once, LOVED the ribs, were staying at BWV)

Because it’s convenient and you like it!

Because it fits the need. And you need an MK dinner.

• Mama Melrose (haven’t been in a few years but enjoyed it when we did)

Because I like it, and you need an MGM place.

• Ohana (DH has NEVER been, I haven’t been to Poly since I was little)

Even though my last trip wasn’t great, it normally is… and the Poly is a neat place to see.

• Raglan Road (its NEW, and DH still loves Pub food and I still love a good “black and tan”)

Because you’ll probably end up in DTD at some point.

I took off the other Epcot places since you have 2 scheduled already. Of course, I think we’ve scheduled 3 or 4 at Epcot this trip. :wink:

Bruce

My TOP 5 from your list:
Rose and Crown, goes without saying.
Biergarten, a Dave favorite
Raglan Road, I’d want to try something new.
Whispering Canyon, I LOVE it…and Dave and I had fun even though it was just the two of us and the place is geared towards big parties.
Liberty Tree, you have to have at least ONE character meal!

Hi Wish,

I would keep Big River since it will be convenient for you staying at the Boardwalk and the food was good when I was last there. I would try Raglan Road just because it is new. Also, at the Poly, you could consider Kona Cafe. I have eaten there 3 times and the food is really, really good and the desserts are to die for - they have an open pastry kitchen. I know most people try it for breakfast and the Tonga Toast, but dinner is just as good.

But you really can’t go wrong anywhere - you’re at WDW, right!

I say…

• Whispering Canyon Cafe (haven’t been in several years, quick boatride from MK)

• Polynesian’s “Spirit of Aloha” or Ohana (DH has NEVER been, I haven’t been to Poly since I was little)

• Rose & Crown(DH LOVES pub food & I love a good “black & tan”)

Good luck!

Thank you for all your suggestions, I agree with a lot of them and when we sat down to choose again this is what we came out with…

All dinner…

• Teppanyaki
  • Le Cellier
  • Big River Grill & Brewery
  • Ohana
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe
  • Liberty Tree
  • Trail’s End (for breakfast on our last morning)

AND, we ARE going to try very hard to get an ADR for the “Lunch or Dinner with an Imagineer.”

Good choices!!!
You will XOXOXOXO Whispering Canyon…those Mashed Potatos…are just soo yum.

:heart: Mashed Potatoes are my FAVORITE food in the WHOLE WIDE world :heart:

we ARE going to try very hard to get an ADR for the “Lunch or Dinner with an Imagineer.”

I’ve read… rumors, I think… that this is going away. I hope you get it! It sounds fantastic.

Bruce

Wish, I just wanted to mention that we have been to Ohana many, many times. And we have also done the Spirit of Aloha show. Frankly, the luaua show is only so-so and the food was really lackluster. We were really disappointed, and to make matters worse, they herd you in, sit you down, serve everyone in shifts, and then hustle you out to get ready for the next show. It felt like every single bite was on a timetable. It was so expensive, and we really wanted our money back

Meanwhile, inside the resort, everyone else was where we wanted to be: at Ohana. Where the food is delicious, being cut off skewers before our eyes and placed on family-style platters for our table, the kids are sweeping coconuts around the place in fun races, there are delicious tropical cocktails and so much atmosphere! There is so mcuh food that you want to stuff the delicious stuff in your bag! It is so wonderful!!!

(Guess you can tell which one I would pick again!)

Yeah, we are definately choosing OHana. Others have told me similar tales. Ohana is ONLY characters at breakfast time, right? No characters at dinner?

Correct!!!