I can't believe what I did at Disney!

Yesterday(2/20)I went to DTD to see the movie The Second Chance because it was the only place in Central Florida where it was shown(I know,real hardship,right??). I get there 11:20 for the noon show,only to find out that the movie website is wrong,there is no noon show,so I have to totally re-arrange my plans!! :mad: :mad: I hopped the bus to Beach Club to get a dining plan brochure for my Oct trip and to walk around the lake. I got just past the Swan & Dolphin when I saw a path leading off to the left. I decided to see where it went. BIG MISTAKE!!! That lead to the road and I ended walking back to DTD!!! It took me and hour and 15 minutes to walk from BC to DTD. I don’t recommend that anybody do that at all!! After I got to my car(and my water bottle)I went into the theater(paying 7 bucks-ouch!!!). The movie itself was okay-not the best I’ve seen,but certainly not the worst Christian movie I’ve ever seen.Michael W. Smith was pretty good. After that I walked around the West side a bit(I like the Marketplace much better!!)and then I decided to go back to the BC for dinner at Cape May Cafe. It was as good as ever. Then I went home,without ever going into any parks at all :eek: :eek: !! All in all,I did have a great Disney day!!!

Any day at Disney is a great day. It has been below 32 degrees for the last 48 hours and I would love to have been with you. To make matters worse, there is a radio station from Cincinnati that is broadcasting live from Disney all this week. Today they were at the Pop Century.

Ouch, talk about rubbing salt in the wound! :pinch:

Mickaholic, it sounds like it ended on a good note!

Well, if you’re gonna get tricked into taking a long walk, I can’t think of a better place to do it. :biggrin:

Oh my !! :eek: :smile:

That’s a crazy long walk, Alma!

I’m glad you enjoyed your day, though - we did a non-park Disney day in Dec, and it was PERFECTION.

Please, review the movie for me, as I am in love with Michael W. Smith.

Yup, there’s no such thing as a bad Disney day. Living as close as we do, we often spend a day at Disney never going anywhere near the parks – just walking around the hotels, DTD, Boardwalk, Wide World of Sports, etc. And there’s many a day that we spend inside the parks when we just enjoy walking around and never even go on any of the attractions. Glad you were able to still have an enjoyable time, mick.

Yup, there’s no such thing as a bad Disney day. Living as close as we do, we often spend a day at Disney never going anywhere near the parks – just walking around the hotels, DTD, Boardwalk, Wide World of Sports, etc. And there’s many a day that we spend inside the parks when we just enjoy walking around and never even go on any of the attractions. Glad you were able to still have an enjoyable time, mick.

Thanks,all!! I haven’t been able to get on the site this last day,or I would have replied sooner. Yes,I did have a great day at Disney. I almost forgot,I saw the funniest T-Shirt in DTD. It said This is your brain and a picture of the Red Sox logo. Then it said This is your brain on drugs and then a picture of the Yankees logo!!!

Erin,the plot of the movie is as follows: MWS plays a preacher who is an associate pastor of a big mega-church in the suburbs of Detroit(I think it was Detroit). His father is the founding pastor of the inner city church(Second chance Community Church)that they move away from. The governing board think that MWS needs to have some “seasoning” I guess you could call it,so they send him to the inner city church to observe and learn. I don’t want to give away any more,so that’s basically the plot in a nutshell.

Sounds like a great day, Alma.

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Sometimes it is nice to spend the day at Disney without ever going into the parks. I know what you mean about not being able to get on the site. I have been having trouble each time I try for a week.

Mick, count your blessings. I’d LOVE to be able to go to WDW to for a bite to eat or to catch a flick. I’m so jealous.

mmmmmmm you are SO lucky!
To be so close to WDW that you forget to visit the parks :pinch:

(p.s. it’s 5 degrees in my town today…just so you know how lucky you are!)

HEY you - aren’t you running away to join that circus? You can’t complain either. (p.s. it’s currently snowing here)

(oh yeah…I forgot)
32 days!

Actually I didn’t forget. I had wanted to go into Epcot for a few minutes,but the mix-up of the movie time put the ki-bosh on that.