I did it

Bit the bullet and bought airline tickets. Now I’m expecting to see the price drop ridiculously lower. :glare:

Cavey, I am not sure that is going to happen, all depends on oil prices.

I still can’t buy airline tickets for August yet…they can only go up…I’m sure…:pinch:

I’m still waiting just a tad bit longer for my September flights. Have no clue if jet fuel follows that for our cars, but finally seeing a little lowering at the pumps, so hoping will see that with fares also. I’ve prepared myself though to pay the higher price. For two of us, just can’t see driving 17 hours this time.

I always feel that way after I book anything. I seriously doubt if that will happen with airfare though.

After we totaled up gas, meals on the road and a one-night hotel stop, we figure we saved about $1500 by driving. Not fun, but worth it! If Southwest drops their prices and you call, they will give you travel voucher for the difference to be used on another trip. Not sure if other airlines follow suit!

ugghhh… after weeks of checking the various airlines & debating what to do, we finally booked our flights… about 2 weeks ago I got a sale email from JetBlue- it had dropped to $85 each way non-stop :eek:-a far cry from the $160 we paid- obviously I kept that little tidbit to myself (no need to mention that to DH) & vowed not to bother checking anymore- what’s done is done.

—I bought ours last week—I’m not checking the cost anymore!!! :laugh::laugh: It would only make me angry.

We are going in September as well. We finally bit the bullet last month and bought tickets. Cheaptickets.com and connections and ended up at $184pp. Not too too bad since only two of us this time.

I’ve been checking every single day, and see little change. We are at $335. How in the world can they be charging that much for a little over two hour flight? Good for you for finding something better. Here’s hoping!

So Cavester - which new ocean do you plan to see? I heard the Salt Lakes Ocean is a sight to behold…

Woah your flights seem really cheap… I know you don’t have to come as far as us and don’t have to fly over the Atlantic but even so! It’s times like these I wish we lived in America.

Just for our flights, we paid £490 return (around $762) and that is the CHEAPEST we could find at the time!
That’s not including the Villa, park tickets or car hire. It’s crazy how expensive Florida trips are… at least they’re well worth it! :laugh:

I am fortunate in that there are two airports to choose from in the DC area…sometimes one is less than another depending on the airline…United…out of Dulles which is usually who we fly to MCO was close to $400… However, by going the night before, I got tickets for less than $200 on USAir…and that includes travel insurance—which I never buy, but decided I better this time. (long story behind reason)

With this price, we could afford to go the night before, have a full day next morning, and still have some money left over…:happy:

It took me forever to find this rate, going back and forth with arrival and departure flights to get the best combination…I probably should have just used our travel agent, but I hated to ask her to do just flight alone…

It is nice when it’s all done…and it is what it is…

They don’t allow you to sentence people, do they? You’re perception of reality is a bit skewed for that kind of work.

Maybe you should just walk in parades and wave. Seems to be your forte.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1113596]They don’t allow you to sentence people, do they? You’re perception of reality is a bit skewed for that kind of work.

Maybe you should just walk in parades and wave. Seems to be your forte.[/QUOTE]

Aren’t you the guy who took the family to Georgia to see the ocean? Or was it La.?

(Perception IS reality… ask the Mad Hatter)

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113592]Woah your flights seem really cheap… I know you don’t have to come as far as us and don’t have to fly over the Atlantic but even so! It’s times like these I wish we lived in America.

Just for our flights, we paid £490 return (around $762) and that is the CHEAPEST we could find at the time!
That’s not including the Villa, park tickets or car hire. It’s crazy how expensive Florida trips are… at least they’re well worth it! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

You did well Mel to get £490.00, I bet you did a lot of searching around beforehand too. We have paid £750 each before now in school holidays and once, and only once, as low as £390 - but that was well out of season (May) it really is getting very very expensive- but as you say, well worth it.

Yeah we did have to look around different sites to get this deal. Flying with Monarch instead of Virgin who we’ve been with every other time. Virgin flights are just too expensive. £750 is a lot!!

I remember the first time we went in 2006, our flights were something like £300. My aunt phoned my mum and said she’d seen the flights so cheap, and should she just book them right away. We were all sitting in my house and when my mum said ‘yes’ and the flights were booked, we all got up and started screaming around the room! We didn’t even know how much we’d love it… but we were still so excited! :laugh:

We had ff miles with Frontier so was going to fly free, yea! Then they started falling apart. We no longer felt secure with them, plus didn’t like the idea of flying all the way to Denver from Milwaukee, stay over of 3 hours then first flying to Orlando. Waste of a full day at Disney. So I started looking around only to find how expensive the flights were. AirTran wanted $1600 rt for the two of us. No thanks. Few days later I looked again. $638 for same flight. Booked. While on vacation last week, received a e-mail from AirTran. Same flight? $99 each way or $396 for a rt for us both. :angry: If only I would have waited one more week. :crying: Oh well, we’re happy to know we at least have a flight with an airline that’s not going down the tubes.

Oh no! I hate that… we actually checked our flights the other day on the website and if we’d waited until a few weeks before we could have saved £100 for each of us, so £400. However, it’s taking a big risk booking that close to the time! :dry: so it’s a lot better to have it all booked so you know it’s done!

So excited now… can’t believe how close it is! I haven’t even packed yet though… gonna do it tomorrow I think! :happy:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113871]Oh no! I hate that… we actually checked our flights the other day on the website and if we’d waited until a few weeks before we could have saved £100 for each of us, so £400. However, it’s taking a big risk booking that close to the time! :dry: so it’s a lot better to have it all booked so you know it’s done!

So excited now… can’t believe how close it is! I haven’t even packed yet though… gonna do it tomorrow I think! :happy:[/QUOTE]

…I would have had my suitcase out and started the process by now with just a few days left…my DH laughs at me…he just throws stuff in a suitcase the morning of…:rolleyes: