I did the Give A Day FP option yesterday!

Here are the ACTUAL details, from a firsthand experience.

First, you print out your voucher and present it at Will Call. Not guest services, not a ticket window… but Will Call only. At MK, there is also an extra booth set up for Give A Day vouchers redemption. NOTE: There is always a gigantic line at TTC Will Call, but little or no line at MK Will Call, so head over there if you choose to use your voucher at that park.

OK, next. [B]You will need to present the tickets for EACH person in your party when you go to Will Call.[/B] They will scan those tickets and you will not be given FPs for anyone without a ticket in hand. Don’t do what we almost did, which is to send everyone into the park while you go redeem your voucher for everyone. You need those tickets at the Will Call window.

You will be given a plastic card (ours were green Donald card) to be used in the parks for your FPs. You get to use each Donald card [B]up to six times[/B] – three times for any of the rides in the “Donald” list ( the high-profile rides like the Mountains, RnRC, Tot, TSM, etc.) and three times for any of the rides on the “Daisy” list (the less popular of the big rides, like Peter Pan’s Flight, etc.). [B]You can use the three anyway you like: go to a single ride on one list three times, or go to three separate rides, etc.[/B]
[B]
OK, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: We found that these are NOT like Dream Passes. You cannot present the pass to the CM at the FP line and walk on. You use the FP cards just like you’d use any regular park pass to get FPs! You have to slide them into a FP machine and get regular FPs! You still must plan to be at the park early enough to get FPs that will work for your schedule. If you go to the park late in the morning, you will be looking at FPs for later in the day just like everyone else, and if you go too late, there will be no FPs still available at the machines at all, so plan appropriately! [/B]

[B]Important: You don’t have to wait for the first FP to expire before you get another. [/B]For instance, we one point, we each had a FP for BTMRR, Buzz and Space all at the same time. FUN! It is so cool to have a pocketfull of FPs (remember you can also use your regular park pass to hold an FP the regular way, so technically, you could have seven FPs at any given time if you were a maniac!) But as much as we had read about the Give A Day FPs, I still had it in my mind that they were walk-ons.

We got up yesterday and lingered over breakfast, checked in for our flight at Guest Services, ambled around Main Street, thinking we had Dream passes that would allow us to walk onto to six rides each. Not true! When we realized our mistake, we had to race around the park at breakneck speed to get FPs before they ran out, and then raced around again to use them! We flew home yesterday and only had a short time at the park (which we had planned would be OK because of the passes. Whoops…). [B]Had I understood the system better, I would have made sure to use the vouchers on a full day instead of a half day, as we had to leave for the airport before we used all our FPs![/B]

Now, this is in no way a criticism. Just a warning that you have to have a plan, as always. ((Extra note: I was interested to see PoC wasn’t on the FP list for the vouchers. Interesting!))

I will post pictures of the FP itself and also the instruction card they give you later today when I find my camera. it’s lost in the dirty clothes at the bottom of the suitcase. Send help.

Thanks for all the great information, I’m sure you just helped a lot of people understand the system better.

Welcome back, I hope you had a great trip.

Thanks, that is def need to know info.
Now, what i’m trying to find out is can each person in your party that has purchased a package of multi day tics ALL get FP’s taking turns doing it 1 person at a time. Ex, 4 people get MYW tics and plan to do 4 parks. Can ea take turns with their voucher using it 1 day at ea park totaling 4 FP’s options TOTAL? A CM on the GADGED hotline told me No. Only “1” FP option for the whole party for the whole visit. Other 3 have to choose something else, even if they were to use them on different days, yet it doesn’t state that anywhere on any web this program is listed on.
We have 5 in our group that all want to get FP’s instead of adding the 5th day. This will create problems if they get to the window and are told no that can’t do that and haven’t made arrangements to stay that extra day.

Thank you for the first-hand accounting of the DP option.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1027874]
((Extra note: I was interested to see PoC wasn’t on the FP list for the vouchers. Interesting!))[/QUOTE]

When did PoC become a FP ride? Or do they only make it that way during busy times?

I didn’t know that it was either…:laugh: I thought it was just something I didn’t know about. I can’t remember ever getting or needed a FP for that. where are the FP set up?

Well, they do have a dual queue, so I guess it wouldn’t be difficult to implement FP on Pirates, but I’m not sure I’ve seen machines either.
All I know is that I don’t know, only that it’s possible.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1027930]Well, they do have a dual queue, so I guess it wouldn’t be difficult to implement FP on Pirates, but I’m not sure I’ve seen machines either.
All I know is that I don’t know, only that it’s possible.[/QUOTE]

Well if you don’t know either…scary. :laugh:the two queue possibilites leads me to believe it’s there, but that’s also not necessarily true. WDW does what they want and they love to confuse the heck out of us.:laugh:

It’s also probable that even if Pirates doesn’t currently have an FP, during the recent renovations, they added an FP line to the queue so that if a decision is made to add one in the future, they can pretty much just turn it on.

That was invaluable info MissDis!! Thank you so much for spending the time to print it all out for us. :happy:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1027886]Thanks, that is def need to know info.
Now, what i’m trying to find out is can each person in your party that has purchased a package of multi day tics ALL get FP’s taking turns doing it 1 person at a time. Ex, 4 people get MYW tics and plan to do 4 parks. Can ea take turns with their voucher using it 1 day at ea park totaling 4 FP’s options TOTAL? A CM on the GADGED hotline told me No. Only “1” FP option for the whole party for the whole visit. Other 3 have to choose something else, even if they were to use them on different days, yet it doesn’t state that anywhere on any web this program is listed on.
We have 5 in our group that all want to get FP’s instead of adding the 5th day. This will create problems if they get to the window and are told no that can’t do that and haven’t made arrangements to stay that extra day.[/QUOTE]

Like if Johnny has a voucher and uses it for his four-person family at MK, then the next day, Johnny’s wife Cindy uses her voucher for FPs at MGM for the same group, etc…?

Don’t know, but I don’t see why they would mind or why it wouldn’t be possible. But someone on this thread has posted that they asked a CM and were told it is not possible.

As for Pirates and FPs, it may well be that there is no FP for Pirates at all… I have never needed one, so I may have overlooked it. I was just looking at the listing and thought it was a logical addition to the list of included attractions, but I didn’t really go over and check.

Can I take back my last post???

Actually, I do seem to remember at some point in the past that there were Pirates FP machines (at Christmas maybe? Hmmm). I could swear I remember them being between PoC and Jungle Cruise.

Thank you so much. We leave in 17 days and have 4 give a day vouchers. I also thought we could just walk on the rides in the FP line. Let me ask a few questions?

We were going to use one voucher at MK, one at HS, one at AK and one at EPCOT. Can we do that?

If we use one voucher at say HS, is the FP available for every member of our party? There are 4 of us.

If I go to HS and want to use all 3 FP for TSM, can I get all three at the same time or do I have to wait until the first one is used up?

Thanks for your help

Look what I found… sort of confirms an old dusty memory! I really do feel like I remember FP machines from way back when. I have no idea when, but way back there LOL!

[QUOTE=ktcheck;1027955]Thank you so much. We leave in 17 days and have 4 give a day vouchers. I also thought we could just walk on the rides in the FP line. Let me ask a few questions?

We were going to use one voucher at MK, one at HS, one at AK and one at EPCOT. Can we do that?

If we use one voucher at say HS, is the FP available for every member of our party? There are 4 of us.

If I go to HS and want to use all 3 FP for TSM, can I get all three at the same time or do I have to wait until the first one is used up?

Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

Don’t know 100 % for sure the answer to the first question. I think it ought to be allowed, but someone has posted on this thread that they asked a CM and were told it is not possible.

Answer #2 – Yes, you can have five family members included.

Answer #3 – You can get all three FPs on the same ride at the same time if you like and you can hold all SIX FPs at the same time if you like… three from the first list and three from the second.

looks like 10/16/2003… can’t really read the fine print at the bottom…:blink:

Don’t know. I pulled the pic from another Disney site. glad to know I wasn’t going crazy, though.

Another question. The fast passes that you got with your Donald card, was there a time to return back to use them, or could you just use them then?

Lexie… NO, you use them like a regular park pass… you run them through the regular machines and get a regular FP. The time is on them, just like always. They are not like Dream Passes… you cannot walk on the ride with them. You can only use them at the FP machines.