I discovered why they serve Edy's ice cream in WDW

Last week while at Publix, the outside vendor responsible for Edy’s ice cream was restocking the freezer, so I asked about a flavor that I hadn’t seen in a while. We got to talking and he told me that Nestle had bought Edy’s as well as Haagen Dazs.
So I thought for about 30 seconds and got the answer.
Disney has a hard lock up with Nestle, we know that. That’s why it’s just Nestle coffee and tea "world"wide. That’s why they have Stouffer’s at Liberty Tree and Stouffer’s in the freezers of the shops of DVC resorts.
So this just has to be the reason they feature Edy’s ice cream in all the ice cream shops and Haagen Dazs bars as well.

Interesting SG! I just found out about the Stouffers thing at LTT a couple of weeks ago… is that sort of strange to anyone but me? I would think they’d want to keep the Disney branding illusion going in the parks in regard to foodservice.

It’s kind of crazy how we put things together and then all the sudden they make sense. I know Disney only serves Coke products but I never really thought about the other products they sell. Nestle owns a whole bunch of companies that you would never know about unless you did a little research on them. Did you know that they own Perrier water and Gerber baby food?:blink:

Really? Had no idea they owned Gerber. Sometimes you think that the big companies are just their own big company and don’t think about the slightly smaller ones they might own. Interesting.

That’s why I was never interested in eating at LTT :blow:
And I really wish they’d loosen their coffee relationship. It is really painful to drink coffee at the resorts and parks.
I ordered a cappuccino at the Main Street Bakery, hoping it would be the “real” deal but sadly it was just the same mess :angry:

Ah Hah… Good Detective work.

I wonder why Nestle still makes that nasty stuff anyway-regardless of whether or not it is sold at WDW

Good question which also brings up this one: Who, besides Disney still uses Nestle pretend coffee?

That’s kind of funny. On the signs it’s clearly marked “presented by Stouffer’s”.
The real give away should have been their Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese.:laugh:
I know you look at the menus at All Ears just like I do.

I probably would never have known they own Gerber, not having children. I thought Procter and Gamble owned a baby food company at one point.
Perrier is surprising, but not really.

Some of the worst coffee I’ve ever had was in Finland. I’m guessing plenty of Europeans have no idea what a decent cup of coffee tastes like. And Nestle is a European company.

A better question would be, who ever did?
I’ve been grinding whole beans since I actually started drinking coffee.
Lot’s of Barnie’s and Brother’s. No Nescafe’.

[QUOTE=Dopey;932330]
And I really wish they’d loosen their coffee relationship. It is really painful to drink coffee at the resorts and parks.
I ordered a cappuccino at the Main Street Bakery, hoping it would be the “real” deal but sadly it was just the same mess :angry:[/QUOTE]

I did the same at the bakery in France at Epcot… I wanted a cappuccino to go with my pastry. I ended up throwing it away. :blow:

My DD#2 wishes Disney would partner up with Dr. Pepper!

Is it good?

I didn’t have any hand scooped ice cream when I was there back in December. We were planning on going to Beaches-N-Cream but never got the chance to.:sad:

However, my great aunt and uncle went down the week after us and they did go to Beaches-N-Cream. They said that the ice cream was HORRIBLE. It was sticking to the spoons and it was gummy.

I hope that it was just them (still love them) and the ice cream was okay. Give me your thought.:smile:

[QUOTE=Dopey;932330]…And I really wish they’d loosen their coffee relationship. It is really painful to drink coffee at the resorts and parks.
I ordered a cappuccino at the Main Street Bakery, hoping it would be the “real” deal but sadly it was just the same mess :angry:[/QUOTE]

When we’re driving and not flying, we bring a pot and our own LA Community Coffee. mmmmm…

Which reminds me, in October I grabbed a cappuccino at Starring Rolls in The Studios. It was hideous and a waste of a good snack credit!
On the other hand, all of the club level lounges have espresso/cappuccino dispensers and they are fairly OK, so long as you put in plenty of sugar.

We Canadians would love to see Disney partner with Tim Hortons for a great cup of coffee!! We go through a withdrawl to last a whole vacation without a cup of Tim’s!!

In Florida, that would mean partnering with Pepsi, which would open up a different can of worms (Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut). Although I think all the bagged chips are already Frito-Lays. It would also mean having to drop Minute Maid.

I’ve been bringing my own ground coffee for a while and using the in room coffee pot for a while. In order to make it just right, I grab handfuls of sugar and half and half from the quick serve counter because those coffee service packs never have enough and I hate powdered creamer.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;932390]

I’ve been bringing my own ground coffee for a while and using the in room coffee pot for a while. In order to make it just right, I grab handfuls of sugar and half and half from the quick serve counter because those coffee service packs never have enough and I hate powdered creamer.[/QUOTE]

I used to bring my own coffee as well but I hate coffee from a coffee maker :blow:
Geez, we do sound spoiled :blush:

Depends on what you define as a coffee maker as opposed to a coffee pot.
Are we talking drip as opposed to perced or perhaps a coffee press?
I’m fine with Mr. Coffee type drip machines.