I dont want to put this on my TR thread BUT!

I didnt like the towel situation at ASMUSIC they should have towels at the pool.

What really bothered me on this trip was on the back lot tour a lady on the phone talking fast and loud. I tried some hints but she didnt speak english.

Grab a curtain, or two, from the room and use that!!! Now see what they do? :laugh:

I may have to threaten that next time.:laugh:

This can be the venting thread.:pirate::pirate:

Oh! Me next!
I had a fantastic trip BUT…
We had HORRIBLE service at Mama Melrose. Very unusual for us.
We got in on time for the ADR and the hostess was a sweetheart! It was NOT busy- there were many open tables.
The waitress on the other hand… she was a doozy. We waited over 10 minutes for our waitress to stop by the table for the first time. She looked at the tag and says oh, you are celebrating a birthday and graduation? Welcome to Mama Melrose in the most monotone voice I have heard this side of HM.
Then another 5 mins or so for the first glass of water… mind you we had been in 90 degree heat/humidity and figured we would get a glass of water when we sat down.
Once we finally got the water, we were ready to order. She left (I assumed she would be right back? )
And we waited and waited. Finally I signaled her that we were ready to get her attention. She took our dinner order and dessert order together.
About 45 minutes later we got our so/so food. Well actually, my sister got mine, I got my nephew’s kids meal ect…( It is actually listed who had what on the order receipt I have if she would have looked at it) About 5 minutes after that, we got our dinner drinks. LOL!
So we ate. Then, waited another 10-15 minutes after she had cleared the plates for the dessert. I almost had asked to have the meal and dessert together because by this point, we were freezing in the air conditioning (you know the too hot then too cold thing) and the kids were antzy. I should have.
As she handed me the bill, she didn’t even look at me and actually said:
Let me know if you want to pay cash for the gratuity or put it on your room card because I’ll need to enter it different on the computer.
Not- if you would like to leave gratuity or if you feel the service was good… I mean there are a million things she could have said. BUT THAT?
I was so bugged at this point. I stiffed her. Go ahead flame me all you want. I don’t do this often but if I am paying $80 for a meal… and you expect a minimum of a $15-20 tip- at least be pleasant -a smile won’t kill you and please, get us a glass of water when you see we are almost falling over from heat exhaution! LOL!
Ok- rant over. Thanks for starting this so I didn’t have to ruin my TR with badness either!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;990742]Oh! Me next!
I had a fantastic trip BUT…
We had HORRIBLE service at Mama Melrose. Very unusual for us.
We got in on time for the ADR and the hostess was a sweetheart! It was NOT busy- there were many open tables.
The waitress on the other hand… she was a doozy. We waited over 10 minutes for our waitress to stop by the table for the first time. She looked at the tag and says oh, you are celebrating a birthday and graduation? Welcome to Mama Melrose in the most monotone voice I have heard this side of HM.
Then another 5 mins or so for the first glass of water… mind you we had been in 90 degree heat/humidity and figured we would get a glass of water when we sat down.
Once we finally got the water, we were ready to order. She left (I assumed she would be right back? )
And we waited and waited. Finally I signaled her that we were ready to get her attention. She took our dinner order and dessert order together.
About 45 minutes later we got our so/so food. Well actually, my sister got mine, I got my nephew’s kids meal ect…( It is actually listed who had what on the order receipt I have if she would have looked at it) About 5 minutes after that, we got our dinner drinks. LOL!
So we ate. Then, waited another 10-15 minutes after she had cleared the plates for the dessert. I almost had asked to have the meal and dessert together because by this point, we were freezing in the air conditioning (you know the too hot then too cold thing) and the kids were antzy. I should have.
As she handed me the bill, she didn’t even look at me and actually said:
Let me know if you want to pay cash for the gratuity or put it on your room card because I’ll need to enter it different on the computer.
Not- if you would like to leave gratuity or if you feel the service was good… I mean there are a million things she could have said. BUT THAT?
I was so bugged at this point. I stiffed her. Go ahead flame me all you want. I don’t do this often but if I am paying $80 for a meal… and you expect a minimum of a $15-20 tip- at least be pleasant -a smile won’t kill you and please, get us a glass of water when you see we are almost falling over from heat exhaution! LOL!
Ok- rant over. Thanks for starting this so I didn’t have to ruin my TR with badness either![/QUOTE]

How horrible!! I cant even start to think what as going on in her mind. I would have stiffed her as well and I would have said you want a tip… Here is your tip lady and gave some smart comment

I should go back and edit that- she never actually said gratuity- she said grat. I had to ask what? Then she said gratuity. She sure was a crab-apple!
My daugher was even aware of the poor service and she is only 12! That is my only real complaint next to slow busses so I guess I can’t be to upset!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;990742]Oh! Me next!
I stiffed her. Go ahead flame me all you want. [/QUOTE]

No flames from me, I think you did the right thing.

Yes, this is kind of a bummer with all the values. Not sure how this makes anything easier or cheaper for them though.

Zoey, my friend…you did the right thing.

There is no excuse for that kind of service. Anywhere. Ever. And ESPECIALLY not at Disney.

I would have stiffed her too. People with that attitude don’t seem to understand - the gratuity is for SERVICE, not the food/drinks, etc. If they didn’t provide SERVICE, then they don’t get the stinkin’ “grat”! :whistling

They don’t have the two yellow bins anymore? One for NEW towels and one for OLD towels???

Not that I liked this system, since people got confused and put OLD towels with NEW towels . . . :laugh::laugh:

I always bring my own beach towels . . . then use the handy dandy clothes line in the tub to dry them at night! :happy:

[QUOTE=zoey9797;990742]
Ok- rant over. Thanks for starting this so I didn’t have to ruin my TR with badness either![/QUOTE]

ZOEY.ZOEY…ZOEY Good for you. It sounds like she expects a tip no matter how her service is. I will usually leave 50 cents so they know I didn’t forget their tip.

You said she saw the tag of what you were celebrating. My DW and DS are going in December to celebrate his graduation. What is the tag and does it change anything?

Thanks

Slight hijack here-
When you say you are celebrating- they have the note on the reservation.
It is up to them what to do- once we had confetti and streamers on the table, once a card and cupcake. Several times nothing. It is a surprise if they decide to celebrate the occasion :slight_smile:

Agree!

LOL! I’m a value girl so I brought my towel to the SSR pool and looked like a dork when all the others had the fancy dancy striped towels from the pool area… :laugh:

The towels have to be washed regardless so why would it save money?
If I bring my own, then Mousekeeping has to restock my room for showering towels. It has to even out somehow.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;990761]They don’t have the two yellow bins anymore? One for NEW towels and one for OLD towels???

Not that I liked this system, since people got confused and put OLD towels with NEW towels . . . :laugh::laugh:

I always bring my own beach towels . . . then use the handy dandy clothes line in the tub to dry them at night! :happy:[/QUOTE]

They have them at mods and Deluxes but not at ASMUSIC.

Zoey, I think we had that same waitress last time we went to MM. The place was not busy, there was no excuse for the lousy service.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;990761]

I always bring my own beach towels . . . then use the handy dandy clothes line in the tub to dry them at night! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Ditto. We try to always bring ours since we drive.