I got a PIN number in the mail!

I just received a PIN number in the mail! I can’t use it, but I got one!!!:laugh: It just feels good to be loved! We already have the 4 days-3 free, so that’s outstanding! Does anyone know if you can add special deals on top of one another or do you just take the best one that comes along? We’re heading to WDW on July 24th, so our 90 Days is coming up in a couple days. We’re so excited!

what type of pin was it?

Yes, you have to just pick the one you want. What was the discount? Dates?

I keep hoping I’ll get a pin since I’m registered on every site Disney-related! I have a Disney Visa, I buy from the Disney store, I get a vacation planning DVD every year, I participate in Disney Movie Rewards, etc. I’ve NEVER gotten a pin! Go fig.

a couple of months ago, I received a pinfor twenty percent off room rates. it happened about two weeks after I received my vac. planning dvd in the mail. hopefully planning a late Oct. trip but I called about it and the first night we wanted to use it was a black out date that I could not use the pin for. is that the same type of pin offer you received?

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;954757]Yes, you have to just pick the one you want. What was the discount? Dates?

I keep hoping I’ll get a pin since I’m registered on every site Disney-related! I have a Disney Visa, I buy from the Disney store, I get a vacation planning DVD every year, I participate in Disney Movie Rewards, etc. I’ve NEVER gotten a pin! Go fig.[/QUOTE]

I truly believe that the PINs are random. But, what if they aren’t? My assumption would be, if I were the marketing/sales person, since you are a dedicated customer and use all of our other products, we wouldn’t need to send you a code to get you to come to our parks. :blush: Just a thought!

Very true! I hadn’t thought of that. Good thought!

Well not sure if they total take into account of how often you go… we have been the last two years in a row and when I registered to receive the dvd planning guide I listed a Oct. trip plan with them and I still a couple of weeks later received a 20% room rate pin in the mail from them. although there are black out dates on it.

My husband totally agrees with you.:happy:

My DD just got one (at my address) and a few yrs ago her DH got one. We’ve never gotten one. I did think once we became DVC owners we would NEVER get one, but DD’s name is listed as one of the owners too.

I ordered a DVD recently and didn’t get one, so I don’t think the automatically send them after the DVD’s.

I was told by a CM when I called to book our trip with a PIN code that it is all done by lottery. I received another one this week and it was for kids stay free.

I have never gotten a PIN for any special offers.:sad:

Well a lottery would make a lot of sense…I know that if they send you a pin thru the mail and you loose it they can still look the pin up when you call them up about reservations…

But why does it seem there are some people who get one every few yrs? I seem to recall on another board, a few people thought getting a pin code was like an annual thing since they got them all the time.

The PIN I received was for Kids 3-9 Stay, Play & Dine for Free. I think the dates are in May & June. We used the Stay 4 and get 3 Free, so we saved nearly $1700 on a 9 day trip! ADR’s are in the morning. I’m so not ready.:blink:

I got the kids stay free pin also, the dates were 5/22 - 6/12 and 6/21 - 8/8. I compared the this offer to the free dining offer and the free dining offer was actually about $300 cheaper.

I just got a free dining offer. Problem is that it expires the first week of October and I want to go during the middle of October! Dern!

Well just hold on an pray like I am that they offer the dinning package free again like they did last year also for later in Oct. One can hope…It sounds like if they are sending out those pins than pehaps there will be a good discount offer about than also…

Ok, so, really, really crazy thing…I occasionally get pins in the mail and by email. Never have used one. Well, about 3 months ago, I decided that I would sign up at the main Disney site with my two other email addresses. I checked my emails this evening, got pin numbers in each email for either free QS Plan or regular DDP for free, for stays most nights, 10/2/09-11/24/09. I am very excited because we were debating going during hurricane season so that we could use the free dining option. The only thing now is, can we afford the cost of a non-value season room price, even though, not a lot of cost difference, it is enough to make us hesitate. Oh…and DS turns 3 in Sept and we were going to go before his birthday, so that he would still be free.

I finally got a PIN from Disney yesterday. I’ve never gotten one before.
Too bad it’s for Disneyland, and we sure can’t spare the extra money for air fare on top of tickets and food.
The other problem is it’s valid from June 1 through Sept 30 and we’re not even looking at traveling during the summer.