I got it! Wild Africa Trek is booked!

I am soooooo excited!!! I have been calling, like, every other day and I though…let me give it a try at work. BINGO!!! So we are booked for 9:30 in the morning.

I just called DH and I made him guess. First he guessed we finally got into BCVwith the DVC points we are renting, oh do I wish!!! Then he guessed the tour. Now he is excited too.

Can you tell I am excited:laugh:

That is AWESOME! Can’t wait to read all about it! I’ve seen a review on Allears but they’ve changed it some since then so I’m really excited to get your take on it. Have a great time!

Wow that sounds so exciting- I too will be waiting to hear (and see) all- well done getting it booked.

Can we all say,AWESOME!!! I am happy you got what you wanted. What a great feeling to get something you have been trying to get for awhile. I cannot wait to hear all about it!!!

Sweet! Have an amazing time :slight_smile:

How fun! Looking forward to your trip report!

Cool beans!!! Have a great time!!!

Congrats to you. I am looking forward to hearing all about your experience.

Congrats!!! So glad you got it!! Can’t wait to hear your review! I’m going on Tuesday with my dad but I’ll keep my lips sealed! :slight_smile:

Keeping my lips sealed, as promised, but ohhhhh you are in for a treat. We went at 9:00 and it’s a great time to trek. The animals are all out and about and it’s not too hot. Be sure to try the Jungle Juice! :heart:

Can’t wait for the update!!!

Do you get fed on this tour? From what I understand, some changes to the tour have been made since its inception. So I’m just curious if they took away the “food” part of the Trek…

Yes, we were fed, and it was one of our favorite parts of the Trek! I have pictures that I can post later or elsewhere, if spoilers are not wanted. When I booked it was described as a “tasting” and not a full meal, so we were planning on stopping for lunch after the Trek. But we found the “tasting” to be pretty generous, just the right amount of food for the Trek. And we didn’t need to stop for food again until much later than we had planned.

They didn’t cut back on quality of the food either - it was delicious, everyone on our Trek enjoyed it.

Wow, thats awesome! So it should be enough to be considered lunch?

And is that rope bridge tough to cross for someone in their 70’s?

[QUOTE=papa bear;1076913]Wow, thats awesome! So it should be enough to be considered lunch?

And is that rope bridge tough to cross for someone in their 70’s?[/QUOTE]

I would say consider it a light lunch. Small portions of a good assortment of things. We had our “tasting” at 11:30ish and we were ready for lunch around 2 or 3.

I froze up a little in the middle of the bridge. I was fine at first, because the wood planks are solid and there is a net all around you. In the middle of the bridge, the planks get farther apart with some missing and some broken, and the net almost disappears. You still have cables to hold on to on both sides, and you’re hooked in on your vest so you’re not going anywhere, but it got a little more… exciting. :laugh:

You have to take some wide steps on the rope bridge, there are some steep stairs that are required to get there, and a significant portion of the Trek is a “hike” on uneven ground. There is a test bridge before you start the Trek that the guides use as a kind of mini agility test to make sure everyone will be ok to do the Trek.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1076942]I would say consider it a light lunch. Small portions of a good assortment of things. We had our “tasting” at 11:30ish and we were ready for lunch around 2 or 3.

I froze up a little in the middle of the bridge. I was fine at first, because the wood planks are solid and there is a net all around you. In the middle of the bridge, the planks get farther apart with some missing and some broken, and the net almost disappears. You still have cables to hold on to on both sides, and you’re hooked in on your vest so you’re not going anywhere, but it got a little more… exciting. :laugh:

You have to take some wide steps on the rope bridge, there are some steep stairs that are required to get there, and a significant portion of the Trek is a “hike” on uneven ground. There is a test bridge before you start the Trek that the guides use as a kind of mini agility test to make sure everyone will be ok to do the Trek.[/QUOTE]

That sounds really cool! Thank you!

I’m going to take my Mom soon so I’m sure she’ll be fine. I hope lol :happy:

There is a video on this page of parts of the trek and the bridge.
Disney Opens Wild Africa Trek - AOL Travel News
Looks SO FUN!

Thanks for some of the info PrincessJill. I was viewing some of the tour on Youtube and it looks amazing.

How did your pictures turn out?? I am guessing the CD is of you and others in your Trek party. Would you suggest bringing a small camera or just let Disney take the photos??

I am so excited.

When I booked the tour, I was told it was a snack but in viewing the tour on Youtube, it appears to be more than a snack. I do not eat a lot for lunch so just by the looks of it, it may be lunch for me.

[QUOTE=hiner;1076052]I am soooooo excited!!! I have been calling, like, every other day and I though…let me give it a try at work. BINGO!!! So we are booked for 9:30 in the morning.

I just called DH and I made him guess. First he guessed we finally got into BCVwith the DVC points we are renting, oh do I wish!!! Then he guessed the tour. Now he is excited too.

Can you tell I am excited:laugh:[/QUOTE]

That is so cool… the you tube vid looks amazing. cant waite to read and see you TR