I have an interview!

I’ve got an interview on monday for a job at the Disney Store :laugh:

I’ve been trying to get into that place for years and nows my chance! Hints, tips and pixie dust please! I know it will be a group interview so Ive got to stand out (random Disney trivia should work lol) and I have to pick a product to sell to the group and interviewers eek

I don’t have any tips or tricks just lots of Pixie Dust. Good luck, you’ll be great!

Good luck!

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1043517]I’ve got an interview on monday for a job at the Disney Store :laugh:

I’ve been trying to get into that place for years and nows my chance! Hints, tips and pixie dust please! I know it will be a group interview so Ive got to stand out (random Disney trivia should work lol) and I have to pick a product to sell to the group and interviewers eek[/QUOTE]

Do you know the product ahead of time? We can help you if you do!

good luck!!

Lot’s of pixie dust coming your way!!! BEST OF LUCK, and I can’t wait to hear the good news!

Good luck!! You’ll do great!!! :happy:

Oh lots of luck to you I’m sure you’ll be terrific. Just let your passion and knowledge do the work for you, your enthusiasm for all things Disney should make you stand out amongst the rest I’m sure- and you haven’t told us what product you’ll choose and what you might say- would love to know-good luck anyway?

I don’t have any advice, but wanted to wish you luck!

Best of luck!!!

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1043517]I’ve got an interview on monday for a job at the Disney Store :laugh:

I’ve been trying to get into that place for years and nows my chance! Hints, tips and pixie dust please! I know it will be a group interview so Ive got to stand out (random Disney trivia should work lol) and I have to pick a product to sell to the group and interviewers eek[/QUOTE]

Wow congrats and good luck!! Im still trying to get a place at my local Disney Store haha. Ummm tips…just make sure you have a few different uncommon answers in your head as its a group interview so theyre more than likely gunna say something you had in mind, so best to keep a few ideas floating around. Plus if theyre uncommon then no one else will have said them and you end up standing out more and being remembered. Just keep on reading up on Disney trivia stuff via this, or any games or dvds you have of them just read over and over again. I have the Disney Trivia game with tons of questions that would be good to read and learn so thats something that could help for example. Plus, get clued up on the newer kinda Disney stuff, especially whats on the Disney Channel as thats what the stores are mainly selling these days! Im sure you’ll know the classics off by heart by now heh.
Do you get to pick your own product to sell to them Im guessing? What kind of thing does it have to be…something thats being sold in the store, or something thats related to Disney and is personal to you for example??
Good luck with it though im sure you’ll do fab!! :happy:

Thanks everyone! I’ve been told we’ll be given a guest to shop for e.g a 6 year old boy and we have to then go out and pick an appropriate product from the shelf and sell it to the rest of the group! The store is pretty much princess/tinkerbell/toystory/phenus and fern/Hannah Montana/camp rock and then fancy dress/ disney sports and homewares right now (I go in a litte too often? Lol) and it’s a small store!

I’ll be brushing up on extra trivia, especially if we are asked about our favourite characters (which I’m told is a possibility!) I have tinkerbell in mind for that but a few backup characters incase those before me choose her!

Best of luck with your job interview!

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1043641]Thanks everyone! I’ve been told we’ll be given a guest to shop for e.g a 6 year old boy and we have to then go out and pick an appropriate product from the shelf and sell it to the rest of the group! The store is pretty much princess/tinkerbell/toystory/phenus and fern/Hannah Montana/camp rock and then fancy dress/ disney sports and homewares right now (I go in a litte too often? Lol) and it’s a small store!

I’ll be brushing up on extra trivia, especially if we are asked about our favourite characters (which I’m told is a possibility!) I have tinkerbell in mind for that but a few backup characters incase those before me choose her![/QUOTE]

ooh nice, try pick something that you know well enough to talk about, just incase they ask some unexpected questions and at least you know the character/product well enough to give an unplanned answer there and then! If others go before you then try not to go for the obvious choice of getting similar things to what others have gotten already, which im sure you wont anyway haha.
Good job, think up of great reasons as to why their your fave character too, maybe relate them to you in a way! :smile:

YAY!! I saw you post on FB that they said they were not hiring? GREAT NEWS!! And GOOD LUCK! :smile:

Lots of Pixie Dust for you!!!

whatever you do, don’'t bring up the fact that you were incarcerated back in june

very very good luck… lots of pixie dust. what type of job are you applying for. id love to work there but they dont hire nurses and that is all i know how to do lol.

They have nurses at the First Aid stations who are very nice and very knowlegable and also at the Employee Health facility/clinic. But I do not know if they are contracted out to a private company or direct hires. By contracting WDW can escape some exposure to law suits.

I’ve seen nursing jobs listed on disneycareers.com in the past! Check for openings here:
https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/careerportal/default.cfm?szUniqueCareerPortalID=d806a3ad-06f5-4622-b614-74475b752e8e&szIsJobBoard=0
under the Job Posting Category of “Nurse / Medical / Healthcare”.

Unfortunately, no openings right now. :frowning: