I have never booked airfare myself before-Help please?

So all of my trips I book threw AAA for everything. But latley my agent isn’t living up to her obligations and she’s really starting to bug me. So I’m thinking about booking my airfare myself.
Here’s the silly question: Once I book my SWA travel, will I get something threw the mail or will I have to print somthing out, how does the process work?
I always feel as though I’m not going to do somthing properly while booking it myself, get to the airport the morning of out trip adn hear "Sorry this is WRONG"
Thanks for your help~

I book all our long haul flights to the USA and my daughter’s as she flies back and forwards to Europe. I understand your concerns completely as I was just the same. When you have completed the booking, you are given an E ticket number. This number is in effect your ticket. Print a copy of the receipt out and just take this along to the check in area, or self serve kiosk ( your preference) and your boarding passes and the return tickets are printed for you there and then.
You will find besides the e ticket receipt in the SWA web site, they will send a confirmation email as well. If it makes you feel more secure print that too, although it will only have the same info as the receipt.
With Virgin, once you have the e-ticket you can type the number in and make changes, like where you’re sitting, or what meals you would like etc? ( might be different with SWA)
Dont be nervous, its really very easy, take your time and double check, dates times etc and then you’re all set-

Just like Dixie said you will be emailed all of your information. All you have to do is print it and bring it with you to the airport. I would recommend taking your time and triple checking everything you enter, especially dates and times. With many airlines once you confirm your booking you cannot make any changes without a fee.

If you book through Southwest, 24 hours before your flight, you check in on line and get a Boarding Pass. The quicker you do this to the 24 hour mark, the farther up in line you will be to get on the plane and choose your seat.

Thank you for the info ladies. I think I’m going to try tonight after the little one goes to bed.

I always have my husband read over everything before I hit the final button just to make sure I have all the information correct. It’s really easy to do but I like the extre check just to be sure I have the information right.

Good idea, I could always use and extra set of eyes,thanks again.

Well, how did it go? Are you booked?

NO my DD got sick last night. I guess it was a sign! Then when I checked my e-mail this morning my travel agent wrote me asking when I was booking my airfare:ohmy:
We are getting a storm today, if I can get my DH to go out I’ll go to AAA, if not I’m going for it this afternoon:happy:
I did go threw the steps this morning and your right, it dosn’t look too bad to do.

I never pay a travel agent to do something I can do myself and love to do so much. I always book my stuff and its so easy. Sw is great and I use them all the time. You will get a cfm number emailed and you just need your cfm when checking in.

Well girls I book the airfare threw AAA. I was in the area of the office today and also had to book my sisters. It was just easier. BUT next trip I will be doing it all myself!

I used to use AAA myself, but now I do it myself unless they are having a great promotion that I can’t match. I like my AAA lady. I always recommend her even though I don’t need to use her services anymore.

I never use a TA - except once through a “Disney partner”- NOT Disney themselves. Horrible experience! I find better deals and can change on my OWN if I need to. When I had the agent, she had 100% control. Disney would not even talk to me about my reservation because it was in her name. YIKES!

I book all of my airfare because I would worry that I didn’t get the best deal or that it was wrong- LOL! Most online sites and airline websites have a 24 hour grace period to change or cancel without a fee now. Just check on the site or with the airline first. I use sidestep and bingtravel to scope out the best prices and trends - Bingtravel will tell you to buy now or wait if the price is too high.
It is really easy. The first purchase is scary but after that… Hakuna Matata!

The other thing was, I wasn’t just booking my airfare, but I was also booking my sister in-laws. We have people leaving on different days, so it was just easier to go threw AAA.
But I’ll tell you, I almost fell on the floor when it came time to pay the AAA fees for booking:ohmy: $200.00 for both our families!
Like I said before this will for sure be the last time I go threw and agent.

THEY CHARGE YOU? I thought all TAs were free??? At least the ones I have contacted in the past for quotes have been no cost! WOW! I would have fell over too. For that money, next time, I will book all your flights no problem! ROFL!

Oh your funny!
Yes AAA charges $20.00 per person to book airfare.
It makes me wonder what other “hidden” charges I paid for on this trip :angry:
I’m not even going to look, the trip is paid for, and it is what it is at this point.
In the past she has not charged me. But I think because I booked so many people, she couldn’t fudge the paperwork.

Wow, I thought it was free to use a TA too. Must just be AAA travel agent. At that price, the AAA rates can’t be saving too much money.

Well I didn’t know not living in America but I know our TA’s dont charge for their services either. That’s such alot of money she charged you. Anyway, it sounds now like you have the confidence to have a go yourself, and like Disneyteacher I always get my husband to double check every box before I press the submit button!

I just click away and casually mention to DH later… ROFL I am SO lucky to have an understanding husband!
Just like the time found out about Ebay and after a few glasses of cheap wine, I was winning all night! It was really fun because I had all sorts of Mickey gifts for myself arriving the whole next week :slight_smile: DH says what else did you get? Uh…I am not really sure???

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1017866]I just click away and casually mention to DH later… ROFL I am SO lucky to have an understanding husband!
Just like the time found out about Ebay and after a few glasses of cheap wine, I was winning all night! It was really fun because I had all sorts of Mickey gifts for myself arriving the whole next week :slight_smile: DH says what else did you get? Uh…I am not really sure???[/QUOTE]

I have a understanding husband as well. Two years ago was SUPPOSE to be our last trip for awhile :huh:
But like you said I just start clicking away and some how before you know it a trip is magicaly booked!
But no wine…:laugh::laugh: It’s all me in my right mind!
Oh and now that I think of it this trip was only suppose to be for 4 days, but some how it turned into 7 :pinch:. But I did for go Christmas gifts this year!!!