I just recently discovered that using Mouseketrips is FREE!

All this time I thought there was a charge for their services.

I’m shocked!! :eek:

FREE is good - considering the testimonies I’ve heard (the best deal, etc)

So, anyway, I just thought I’d point that out! (Just in case there are more people like me who thought that it cost extra money to use them!)

:c)

I thought there was a charge also, but that was probably because you explained the whole mouketrips thing to me erin. I wonder how they make money then?

I am pretty sure all travel agents are free (or should be). Except for the ones on the internet that charge a booking fee. They make their $ through commissions earned with the various hotel groups, airlines etc.

Disney actually pays the travel agent 10% in commission, so it is a win-win situation for the agency and the consumer. (The only reason I know this is that my DSister is a corporate Travel Agent. She got Disney Certified last year. Unfotunately since she works for a corporation, her company got the 10% commssion–not her.) I just don’t think I could give up my control of my planning. Part of the fun is doing all of the research for our trips.

With a travel agent you can do as much or as little research as you want to.

And I do LOTS of research, obsessive planning and deciding! My main reason for using Mousketrips is that when discounts are announced, they rebook for me. That way I don’t have to worry about being out of town or just missing the discount.

And I LOVE discounts. :happy:

Also, when I have a picky little obsessive question, they can answer it.

Exactly! And then it becomes win-win for Mickey, or whatever travel agent you use.

I just thought it was cool info. I always assumed he charged.