I. M. Home

[B] The title of the thread is dedicated to the grave yard of The haunted mansion at Disneyland. :cool: [/B]

EDIT: OOOPS, I accidentally put this thread in the completely wrong place! I meant to put it in the Trip Reports section! Could a Moderator please move it for me? :blush:

I Am home from 3 days of Disneyland. What a great trip, one of the best I’ve ever been on.

Day 1, (at the parks) My dads Band/ Jazz band played at Carnation plaza first thing in the morning. The rest of the day was ours, Boy was it a blast! We rode everything there is to ride, I got a bunch of good pictures of the castle, it looked great that day! It was a perfect day, sunny, 70 degrees, no crowds!

We wend to tomorrowland, they were repainting everything, most of it was done and it looked amazing. There was new murals and everything, I have a few pictures of the new murals. The silver/white/blue paint looks great together. We rode the new Buzz Lightyear ride, it was SO fun it’s one of my new favorites. At the end of the ride you can email your picture to friends and family for [U]FREE[/U], so I did :rolleyes: lol We spent the entire day at Disneyland, and it was a great first day!

Day 2, We went right into Disney’s California Adventure first thing in the morning, rode Grizzly River Run. Here’s a picture (from pretty far away, it’s zoomed in) of the top of the lift hill. I got pretty wet, it was a lot of fun. Then we rode Soarin’ Over california, such a great ride. Then we rode Tower of Terror, that was a lot of fun, it was my brother and sister in law’s first times, the scene that kicks off the drop sequence was so freaky, You should have seen th looks on my bros/sisters in laws faces on that first drop! :laugh:

Then we headed over to Paradise Pier, rode California Screamin. I have to say that California Screamin’ is one of the best rollercoasters in the world! It has speed, a loop, height and tons of air time, so fun. Then we rode the maliboomer and mullholand madness, both great rides.

After most of the day in DCA we walked back over to Disneyland to catch splash mountain (we never rode it the day before). The ride just got brand new logs, I sat in the front row. Boy do I regret sitting in the front row! At the end of the huge hill I swear I saw a TIDAL wave poor over the front of the boat! I was soaked head to toe, not ONE dry spot on me besides my back. It was actually really really fun :laugh: I’d never seen anyone get that wet on that ride before, I was so surprised. (and cold) :rolleyes: :biggrin:

We rode a bunch of rides and saw a tons of stuff, then we slowed down a bit and watched Fantasmic around 10:30 PM. The show went along flawless, if the people watching it wern’t already standing there would have been a standing ovation. lol. It’s such a good show, words can’t describe! :biggrin:

After fantasmic it was 11, there was one more hour before closing, so we just soaked up the nightime atmosphere and walked down mainstreet, hit a few shops, etc.

Day 3- I only had a half day at the parks this day. We started at Cali adventure again, rode all the “must rides” and went home. It was a great trip!

Thanks for reading it all if ya did :wacko: I seem to get carried away in my typing some times.

-Disneylandrocks

(here’s one of my pics of the castle)

Here’s looking up at the kreepy, old, Hollywood Tower hotel. I liked how the sun hit this shot.

Sounds like you had a great time! I am really looking forward to riding all of the CA Adventure rides. CA wasn’t finished the last time I was there. Thanks for the great TR!

Here’s the Astro Orbiter at Tomorrowland (the top of it) And the new mural, from left to right. (the mural is above the Buzz lightyear Fast Pass distribution)

And finally, here’s the ride that drenched me!

Thanks. I think You’ll like CA adventure, it’s a great park.

DLR, it sounds like you had such a great time!!! :eek: I’m glad the weather and crowds were great…sounds like you couldn’t have asked for much more (except maybe a few more days to play!) :tongue:

Thanks for the pics too…that mural in Tomorrowland is beautiful!

Hey…quick question…I’m trying to place exactly where that mural is…did the Buzz Lightyear FP replace the pin trading shop in Tomorrowland, or is it still there??

Thanks Dznygrl, to bad you never made it over to get in my suitcase, Which I LEFT at the hotel by accident! My Bro/sister in law came home a day later and stoped by the hotel to pick it up for me. So… It’s a good thing you didn’t get in my suitcase, you would have spent an extra night at the hotel. :laugh:

LOL Ryan woulda thought I was lost! :crying: Maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t get in there after all…hehe.

Sounds like you had a good trip. I haven’t been to Disneyland since 1995. Maybe we will get back there in a few years.

Sounds like you had soooooooooo much fun!!! Thanks for the pictures :c)

You are so lucky!

Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for posting the pix too! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to repost this question…I’m still confused by trying to figure out exactly where that mural is, in relation to the Tomorrowland pin shop? Last time I was there, I couldn’t tell where the Buzz FP was going in…

moved this in TR for you. Sorry for my “blonde moment” in our PM…lol Thanks for the great report. :mickey:

Sorry it took so long to answer. I’m not sure where the pin shop was… sorry, but if you were walking straight into tomorrowland, on your right there would be the star tours mural. On your left there used to be a weird jules verne mural of basicly a bunch of random lines, that was replaced with this new mural. I hope that helps.