I Made a Good Choice Right?

I’m so indecisive with picking I tell ya. We had settled on CBR. We decided to extend our trip by 2 days(yay!) and called FIL this eveing to get it all straight. Well we decided to switch things up to POR. On AllEars it does have a higher approval rating, and it looks nice. But of course I’m always second guessing myself(which I’d do either way). So can someone reassure me that I made a good choice??(Not that you can ever really go wrong with Disney)

Also, since I’m still kind of new to this board, can anyone tell me how to add the My Disney Countdown to my siggy??

You made a great choice… You will have a better/quicker trip to the parks on the buses (feels like it anyway)… Plus, you can take the boat to DTD. It is a great choice. You will like it- At night- you can see the EPCOT fireworks if you are in the right spot. You will have a great trip! (Sorry- no help with the countdown).

[QUOTE=AprilandtheKids;959088]I’m so indecisive with picking I tell ya. We had settled on CBR. We decided to extend our trip by 2 days(yay!) and called FIL this eveing to get it all straight. Well we decided to switch things up to POR. On AllEars it does have a higher approval rating, and it looks nice. But of course I’m always second guessing myself(which I’d do either way). So can someone reassure me that I made a good choice??(Not that you can ever really go wrong with Disney)

Also, since I’m still kind of new to this board, can anyone tell me how to add the My Disney Countdown to my siggy??[/QUOTE]

PO is a great choice…and you are right, you can’rt go wrong with anything on WDW property. As for your countdown, you aren’t able to access that until you have been a member for 90days and have 100 posts.

First the Disney countdown requires you have 100 posts and 3 months with MouseBuZZ. I just hit my 3 months.

Stop guessing your choise on POR. You will have a GREAT time.

OK, thanks Dana!

My pleasure!

POR is great! We’ve stayed there twice and we loved it both times. The theme of CBR has never appealed to me so I think you made a great choice.

There is no such thing as a wrong choice when considering which Disney hotel to stay at.
Only inconvenient choices.

Hmmmm, it is true that anywhere on WDW property you are in GREAT hands, but having just gotten back from CBR I think I like it over POR! (stayed POR twice)

Could have been the fact we stayed in a PIRATE room and the pool is just so awesome!! :heart:

Give POR a go . . . then go again and try CBR, we love trying out the different resort. Haven’t been disappointed yet! :happy:

by the way… once you have your 3 months down and teh 100 posts, to get teh countdown, go to the forums tab, find the mousebuzz questions forum and the directions are a sticky! Good luck, now post away!!!

POR is a good choice, I prefer the theming and pool of CBR better. Although, the bus service is quicker and boat option for DTD is a plus. As others have said, there really is no bad choice of resort at Disney, it’s all what you prefer and how much you are willing to pay. Only one suggestion if you ever think of staying at the Values, choose POP, it is leaps and bounds better than the AS resort, it’s almost as good as the Mods with the exception that there is no slide at the main pool area.

Don’t second guess yourself, you will definitely enjoy POR.

POR is the GREATEST!!!

We love it!!! We ALWAYS stay there. It is our favorite!:wub::wub::happy:

While you are there be sure to catch BOB the piano guy!!! He plays Wed-Sat nights and is a blast for ALL ages!! He is one of the reason’s we stay there!!

Thanks everyone!! For some reason I treat every Disney visit like my last, and forget to think that next time I can try another resort. My goal is to stay at every resort at least once, so even if I didn’t like POR, there’s always next time lol. It does look very nice though, so I’m excited!

I made the exact same switch for my first trip to WDW! (See, I decided the bedspreads at CBR were too bright… that’s some serious over-analyzing… :laugh:)

It turned out great. We loved it!

LOL Andrea, I’m glad I’m not the only one who puts so much on how the bedspreads look!! That and wallpaper.

POR is a big favorite of mine and was my resort for at least 5 of my most recent trips!

My parents joined the DVC on our second to last trip (with me on the deed, hooray!) and the only thing that makes me sad about that is that I won’t get to stay at POR nearly as often. I really do love that resort.

You will have a great time!

For those who have stayed at POR, can you tell me about some of things you liked about that resort? Are there any must sees or dos there?

As you can see below, PO is our favorite resort. We prefer POFQ a little more just because it is more quiet and quaint and our kids love the “dragon” pool. This year we stayed 14nights at CBR in a pirate room, and while PO still remains our favorite resort, CBR is a must-do at least once for the pirate rooms and the pool is by far our favorite pool for small children…the beach-entry makes it very child-friendly and the pirate ship splash area is great for kids too.

Favorite things to do at PO? The carriage rides are great, or the tandem bikes are fun to check out the resort. The main pool is fun for the water slide, but can be a bit busy during the day. The quiet pools are nice if you are just looking for a more relaxing atmosphere. There is a fishing area (we’ve never done it) and a campfire (but only certain times of the year). If you are a fan of DTD, there is a really nice, relaxing boat-ride that will take you directly there…a nice change of pace from the buses. POFQ is within walking distance and makes for a nice evening stroll.

You’ve picked a great resort, you’re going to have a great time!!

CBR is my most favorite resort ever and we have stayed in all the moderates plus Sartoga Springs and it tops Saratoga!

At this time, I haven’t stayed at All Star Movies, although there is no difference between it and the other two All Stars, and the Grand Floridian (which unlike the Poly and Contemporary has not undergone deep refurb) and I won’t be until we get our finances straightened out (4 years ago we put down 25% on our house and after 4 years of paying the mortgage, we are now badly under water and our house is worth 3/5 of what it was when we bought it).
Technically, we’ve only stayed at one DVC resort, Old Key West, but in reality, we’ve stayed at all but SSR because the other DVC resorts are part of the larger hotel (Beach, Boardwalk, AKL, and WL) and we’ve stayed at all of them.