I need 106 points

How does this work? I am trying to book a trip to Disneyland to stay at the Grand Californian and they said the cost is 232 points. We only have 126 points that we can use. So i need 106 more points.

If i was to get points from someone else can they be transferred?

Thanks

Yes, points can be transfered from one member to another. The hard part is members are only allowed one transfer a year so you need to find someone willing to use their one transfer. You want quite a few points so I doubt you’ll have a problem finding someone willing to use their transfer.

[QUOTE=bransworld;935478]How does this work? I am trying to book a trip to Disneyland to stay at the Grand Californian and they said the cost is 232 points. We only have 126 points that we can use. So i need 106 more points.

If i was to get points from someone else can they be transferred?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I have no points to transfer…

But I hope you find them. The Grand Californian is a wonderful place. I have yet to stay there. But if you can’t get the points, you can still show up and mingle… :cool:

I think Kim still has some points to rent.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trade-rental-requests/48176-2009-ssr-points-rent-10-per-point.html#post929913

Well since i posted this things have changed quickly. We had enough points for us to go to WDW instead. So we are now booked at SSR for May 15-22nd.

:laugh:Funny how fast plans can change. I’m happy you got it worked out and didn’t have to buy more points.

That’s quite a change of plans. Why did you go from CA to FLA?

That’s the exact same amount I’ll need for my birthday trip to BLT! (Just thought I’d share… I have no point source for you.) Good luck!

Well while i would love to go to Disneyland with the points we have available at this time it made more since for us to just go to WDW.

Woah, woah, woah, say WHAT? How is a stay at the Grand Californian costing 232 points??!?! :huh: Even when we stayed there in June it was only 90-something points for 4 nights. How could even 7 nights cost 232 points? Something doesn’t sound right there!

How long are you going for? Which room view were you looking at?

That was for May 15th - May 22nd. It was for a Downtown Disney view. And for the Disneyland Hotel with a standard view it was 176 points.

Those are the points from Member Services.

[QUOTE=bransworld;935636]That was for May 15th - May 22nd. It was for a Downtown Disney view. And for the Disneyland Hotel with a standard view it was 176 points.

Those are the points from Member Services.[/QUOTE]

There is no way B, that’s insane and DOES NOT sound correct. I am going to check for you.

Oh wait, 7 nights? You’d really want to stay in Disneyland for 7 nights?

Well we were going to do other non disney stuff too. But now we are just going to go to Disney World for 7 nights and 8 full days. And then next year we may do a long weekend at Disneyland.

Got’cha. I was going to say that when Daniel and I did an extended stay in Southern California we’d stay at a hotel on the beach & use a rental car to do everything in the area, THEN go stay in a Disneyland Hotel for 4 nights using our points. Much more economical that way. :happy: