I need a restaurant idea!

So, here are my TS meals so far. I’m undecided on a TS restaurant on day 6 though. I need some ideas! We’ll be in the MK that day but I don’t want to eat at MK. We’re planning on Spectromagic that night. Do I just take the 3rd of the World Showcase restaurants for that night (so we’re eating at all 3 I wanted to) and catch the monorail to MK? Do you have a better idea? Oh, and, it’ll be for dinner. TIA!

Day 1: no TS
Day 2: Sanaa
Day 3: Chef Mickey’s (dinner)
Day 4: Le Cellier, Tokyo Dining, or Les Chefs de France (whatever I can get)
Day 5: Fantasmic Dining Experience
Day 6: ???
Day 7: Captain’s Grille
Day 8: Le Cellier, Tokyo Dining, or Les Chefs de France (whatever I can get)
Day 9: 1900 Park Fare (bfast)

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;951553]So, here are my TS meals so far. I’m undecided on a TS restaurant on day 6 though. I need some ideas! We’ll be in the MK that day but I don’t want to eat at MK. We’re planning on Spectromagic that night. Do I just take the 3rd of the World Showcase restaurants for that night (so we’re eating at all 3 I wanted to) and catch the monorail to MK? Do you have a better idea? Oh, and, it’ll be for dinner. TIA!

Day 9: 1900 Park Fare (bfast)[/QUOTE]

Is 1900 Park Fare good? It will be our first time going for breakfast and I was just wondering about the characters and meal!:phone:

I have no idea! This will be our first time there! I sure hope so. I love bfast food and all the other buffet breakfasts in WDW have been awesome so I think it’ll be great.

Try the Kona Cafe at the Poly. It is just a monorail ride from MK and is very good. They have steak and fish specialties and a good kid menu, too. The desserts and french press coffee is divine. We loved eating at the resorts last year, great excuse to check them out.

I have to agree, Kona is a great meal!

What about 'Ohana??? Another one of my faves!!!

I suggest Ohana at Poly or California Grill at Contemporary.

I say Kona too! Awesome Awesome meals there! We’ve had breakfast and dinner there before and they are both excellent!!!

I’ve heard good things about the Grand Floridian Cafe too. But I’ve never been there myself… One day maybe…

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;951553]So, here are my TS meals so far. I’m undecided on a TS restaurant on day 6 though. I need some ideas! We’ll be in the MK that day but I don’t want to eat at MK. We’re planning on Spectromagic that night. Do I just take the 3rd of the World Showcase restaurants for that night (so we’re eating at all 3 I wanted to) and catch the monorail to MK? Do you have a better idea? Oh, and, it’ll be for dinner. TIA!

Day 1: no TS
Day 2: Sanaa
Day 3: Chef Mickey’s (dinner)
Day 4: Le Cellier, Tokyo Dining, or Les Chefs de France (whatever I can get)
Day 5: Fantasmic Dining Experience
Day 6: ???
Day 7: Captain’s Grille
Day 8: Le Cellier, Tokyo Dining, or Les Chefs de France (whatever I can get)
Day 9: 1900 Park Fare (bfast)[/QUOTE]

I was also going to suggest Ohana. We love the food and it always nice to vist the Polynesian!! I t will also be an easy trip back to the MK for Spectro.

I would also have to say Ohana, it is the best!

Would vote for a quick trip over to the Poly and would eat at Ohana’s. Love the view, atmosphere and the food.

We had Kona on our last trip and was one of my original thoughts. I wasn’t very impressed but DH really liked it. Maybe we’ll try that again.

Ohana doesn’t appeal to me at all, based on the menu at allears. I’m a picky eater and not a huge fan of meats (and I hate pork). I know you all rave about it though!

Great ideas! Keep ‘em comin’!

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;951597]We had Kona on our last trip and was one of my original thoughts. I wasn’t very impressed but DH really liked it. Maybe we’ll try that again.

Ohana doesn’t appeal to me at all, based on the menu at allears. I’m a picky eater and not a huge fan of meats (and I hate pork). I know you all rave about it though!

Great ideas! Keep ‘em comin’![/QUOTE]

I am SO not a meat fan. But I love it!!! I eat everything else…it’s all delicious!!! I like the Turkey (or chicken?) on skewers and I also LOVE the honey chicken wings. The lime salad is to die for and the rest of the sides…JUST YUM! And don’t even get me started on the vanilla bread pudding for dessert…:laugh:

It’s funny you say that! None of that sounds good except the bread pudding! :laugh: When I say I’m picky, I mean reaaly picky! :blush: I don’t eat pork, turkey, or much chicken (because I don’t like them). And to complicate things even further, DD is exclusivly breastfed and has a sensitivity to dairy so I’ve cut out that as well. :pinch: Sooooo, I eat a lot of seafood or pasta. I do enjoy steak but only a filet cut. I love salads but can’t have cheese or dairy-based dressings. So, lettuce and vinagrettes (sp?) mainly. I’m leaning toward Kona, Grand Floridian Cafe, or doing the 3rd WS restaurant.

LOL :laugh: You’re too funny! The lime salad is a vinagrette so it would be perfect for you. They DO have huge shrimp on skewers!! :laugh: I hear ya on the breastfeeding. DD was exclusively breastfed, too…and she HATED when I ate vegetables!!! :laugh:

I love Kona and have never been to GF Cafe. And I don’t think you can go wrong with a WS restaurant!!! I eat most of my dinners at Epcot!!!
ENJOY! :mickey:

Whispering Canyon Cafe would be a mere boat ride away from the MK, and it’s yummy and fun!

And where we’re staying actually! I’ve eaten there a couple times and the first was really great and the second was pretty bad as far as food quality goes. But, it would be really convenient since we’ll already be at the resort for a mid-day break.

We love Narcoossee’s in the GF. Never a bad neal.

My first thought was also Narcoossee’s, it leans towards seafood. Another possibility is the Wave. It has beef, seafood and pasta dishes that you like.

Just to clarify, you said you will be at the MK during the day and then returning after dinner correct? What would be your mode of transportation be get to World Showcase for dinner if you decide to go on that route. Another question, would you be leaving the MK and going directly to the restaurant (no matter if is a WS restaurant or not) or will you be stopping by the WL (your hotel) to get cleaned up before heading out for dinner.

The reason why I ask is if you will be relying only on Disney transport, going to the WS showcase for dinner may be ambitious, and you would definitely need to get an early dinner reservation to make it back in time to see spectromagic.

[QUOTE=gatour;951687]My first thought was also Narcoossee’s, it leans towards seafood. Another possibility is the Wave. It has beef, seafood and pasta dishes that you like.

Just to clarify, you said you will be at the MK during the day and then returning after dinner correct? What would be your mode of transportation be get to World Showcase for dinner if you decide to go on that route. Another question, would you be leaving the MK and going directly to the restaurant (no matter if is a WS restaurant or not) or will you be stopping by the WL (your hotel) to get cleaned up before heading out for dinner.

The reason why I ask is if you will be relying only on Disney transport, going to the WS showcase for dinner may be ambitious, and you would definitely need to get an early dinner reservation to make it back in time to see spectromagic.[/QUOTE]

I’d love to try Narcoossee’s but it’s 2 TS credits on DDP and I don’t want to use that. Yes, we’ll be at MK during the day, going back to WL for a break and then heading to dinner and then back to MK for Spectro which should be at 8pm that night. I was planning to try for an early ADR (between 4-5pm) if we were outside of WL or MK. We’d take the monorail if we were going from WS to MK. We always rely exclusively on WDW transportation.

I would go to Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness or Whispering Canyon.