I need advice on choosing a resort

HI all! I have decided to do a 4 night land 3 night sea package for 9-6 9-13 2009. For the type of room I choose for the cruise they told me that gets me into a deluxe hotel. I choose the polly but what do you think? Im a value girl so I have no clue what the differences are. Any advise would help. Thanks…
Pics are welcome too:mickey:

Well, it really depends on your preferences, we booked our Land/Sea package seperately b/c I am using DVC points for the land portion so I don’t really know what these packages really offer. Do they give you options of WHICH deluxe resort you can choose? There are a lot of them so I wonder if you can choose any or if they give you options?

Poly is great b/c you’ll have monorail access to the Magic Kingdom and there are a couple great dining options there.

When do you have to give them your choice?

What are your other options?? I too think the Poly is a great option because of the location. I also really like the theming and have always wanted to stay there:)

well she said any deluxe resort is included with the package price of the stateroom I choose. I ALWAYS wanted to stay at the polly but can anyone advise me on which building or any pros or cons? What about the other deluxe resorts?

My vote would be AKL. It’s so unique with the savannah right out side your balcony. I would imagine your kids will love it. Also, there is so much education there as far as art, and learning about the African culture. And then there are the smells of Boma. Oh my word, you can’t describe it until you are there, with the aromas in the air. It’s a genuine experience, that I don’t believe is duplcated anywhere else.

Well, once again it’s all about preference but I’ll give my opinion on a couple. If you want to choose a MK “monorail” resort I would totally choose the Poly too. They have two great restaurants, lots of atmosphere, a beautiful pool area, cute shops, and it’s just very relaxing. I prefer Poly over Grand Floridian & Contemporary because frankly the GF reminds me of a Grandmother’s bedroom :laugh: and the Contemporary is in a bit of a transition right now.

If you prefer a resort closer to EPCOT, on the water, and in walking distance to the ‘Studios’ park I would choose the Yacht/Beach Club. Walking to the World Showcase is an amazing option, there is a lot to do at night on the Boardwalk, and they have the BEST POOL EVER!!!

If you want something SUPER themed yet really peaceful & relaxing choose the AKL or the WL. Both are really beautiful, big in size but very quaint feeling, good dining options, and AKL is like being in the AK park’s backyard. The Wilderness Lodge also has very convenient boat service to the MK.

To be honest my DD10 dislikes AKL. I was actually looking into purchase DVC there and she didnt like the deco. For some reason she dont like AK either.
NOw for me I would love to stay anywhere in WDW:laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;877589]Well, once again it’s all about preference but I’ll give my opinion on a couple. If you want to choose a MK “monorail” resort I would totally choose the Poly too. They have two great restaurants, lots of atmosphere, a beautiful pool area, cute shops, and it’s just very relaxing. I prefer Poly over Grand Floridian & Contemporary because frankly the GF reminds me of a Grandmother’s bedroom :laugh: and the Contemporary is in a bit of a transition right now.

If you prefer a resort closer to EPCOT, on the water, and in walking distance to the ‘Studios’ park I would choose the Yacht/Beach Club. Walking to the World Showcase is an amazing option, there is a lot to do at night on the Boardwalk, and they have the BEST POOL EVER!!!

If you want something SUPER themed yet really peaceful & relaxing choose the AKL or the WL. Both are really beautiful, big in size but very quaint feeling, good dining options, and AKL is like being in the AK park’s backyard. The Wilderness Lodge also has very convenient boat service to the MK.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jess for the advise!!! I love the polly. I always said before I die I want to stay there so perhaps this is my chance!?!?!? I just seen on Allears there are places to wat at midnight??!?!?!?!?! What in the world!!! So the kids can go somewhere to eat at midnight if they wanted too? I have never been on a cruise so the whole thing is confusing to me:blush: I dont get whats included and whats not for say. They said all the meals. Is that just dinner and snacks?

I love the Wilderness Lodge. But for convenience I would stay at one of the hotels on the monorail line or one of the EPCOT resorts (Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk) just to be close to the parks :slight_smile:

I prefer the Poly (for the resorts on monorail line) but it is more because it was the first WDW resort I ever stayed at when I was a kid.

The other options are Beach Club and, and, and…I cannot remember, cause when I saw Beach Club, that was a winner in my book. Oh, Animal Kingdome Lodge

[QUOTE=tea;877606]I love the Wilderness Lodge. But for convenience I would stay at one of the hotels on the monorail line or one of the EPCOT resorts (Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk) just to be close to the parks :slight_smile:

I prefer the Poly (for the resorts on monorail line) but it is more because it was the first WDW resort I ever stayed at when I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

I wanted the WL but it wasn’t on the list of resorts to choose from.

Yes, that is what I was thinking as well. I wasn’t aware that all of the deluxe properties were on the list. It doesn’t matter, I’d still pick the Poly:heart:

It all comes down to personal taste. I would pick Yacht or Beach Club, I love the location and the pool is like no other. We love the 5 minute walk to Epcot at the end of the night and the resorts are very nice.

Me too, Dopey! I :heart: Beach Club! It’s sooo pretty.

Yes, pretty and beachy and such a location. One of these days I’ll get that DVC and that’s where I want it. Or maybe the WL :blink:

The only deluxe I’ve stayed at is the Poly, and I absolutely love it. :wub: We stayed in the Samoa building and the location was impeccable - we were soooo close to the GCH and both pools, we never felt like we had to go far for anything! We also were on the side of the building facing the quiet pool, so we didn’t have to deal with the noise from the Volcano pool.

If the Poly appeals to you, I definitely recommend it. Especially now with those refurbished rooms - :whistling They are a beaut’! :happy:

A picture is worth…

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;877678]A picture is worth…

[/QUOTE]

Aw jeez. :crying: I think I just cried a little!!! :wub:

:laugh:

P.S. Kate, did I mention if you stay at the Poly you can go upstairs and get a Lapu Lapu whenever you want? :wink: :laugh: That’s good enough reason for me…I mean, just look at the thing…I can’t seem to change my avatar cuz I want to stare at it forever! :tongue:

[QUOTE=dznygrl;877683]Aw jeez. :crying: I think I just cried a little!!! :wub:

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I miss it too…:crying: