I need advise~ what would you do?


#1

OK. Before some of ya start to say I can never amke up my mind truse me this isnt one of those cases:crying:
My hours were cut back at work today. Really cut:crying: I have this trip coming up. Its a 10 night 11 day trip for Madisons Bday that I worked SO hard to do for her.
Here is the kicker. I still owe $331 to Disney. I have to have it paid off by July28.
I was thinking with everthing coming up that I wasnt planning for I may not be able to do the whole 10 night trip. My dog has heartworms and we just found out so in order to “save” her we needed to come up with $1200 for treatment.
I was thinking of shaving off some days on the trip. Only perhaps 2 nights which wont “kill” me:glare: I am locked into SWA $59 flights from Philly/Orlando 9-10 9-20 I was going to have my siser drop us off and pick us up. I canceled the limo to save the funds for the dog:crying:
OK so here is the deal… Since Im locked into the $59 flights IF I change it Philly has $99 flights for the next step up so if I canceled my flights and booked 2 days out its really not saving me money. For the money I would be saving with the rook at WDW I would be paying to so higher flights the next 2 days out.
I was looking into baltimore which has $49 flights both ways but it doesnt leave till the afternoon and we wouldnt be getting there till 3ish AND I would have to pay for parking BUT would have a $40 something credit with SWA I was thinking of reselling for a smaller amount.

What would you do? Keep the flight the way it is and hotel and not worry about it till the end of July when it has to be paid off and just hope I can come up with the money OR Shave off days BUT not change the flights for philly and hope that a ding comes my way or an internet cheaper price OR shave off the 2 days and book baltimore and just be happy I didnt have to cancel the whole trip?

Advise please… :heart:


#2

If money was going to be a big concern for my family, I wouldn’t be going on a 10 day vacation to WDW at all. I’d cut my losses and cancel.


#3

Same here. I can’t imagine taking a trip if that money was needed at home. Vacations are extra and come last so I would have to say cancel and rebook another trip when things settle down.

With SWA you won’t lose the money so you really aren’t out that if you cancel.


#4

It depends on what you have laid out and would lose. Do the ole pros & cons list.


#5

Money isnt a problem with the family or the bills… I actually havent had to take any money out of my paychecks to put towards the trip becuase I have a little side business on Ebay that was able to pay for the trip. I also saved all my bday money and christmas money so basically nothing out of my checks went towards the trip and my airline was free. My friend purchased 2 pair of coach sneakers from me and gave me a SWA gift card. Im just worried that with only $300 to go I may not come up with it in the time I thought I could without taking it out of my check. I actually worked too hard not to take this trip BUT if it would “hurt” the family I wouldnt be going.


#6

Geez Kate … Sorry to hear about the work situation!!! If cutting back a couple of days would help then by all means …

YOU GOTTA HAVE YOUR DISNEY !!!
… still waitng for the Disney Store to call !


#7

Then keep things as is and go have a wonderful trip.


#8

You can log into the site and make small payments towards your final payment. People don’t know you can do this, but I do it all the time. You have 4 weeks before then, so take the 331 divided by 4 and that’s only $82.75 a week.

Log onto the site and make the smaller payments each week . . . you do get a 3 day grace period AFTER your final date before they cancel and keep the $100. BUT, I wouldn’t test that!!:ohmy:

I do this all the time . . . monthly payments are easier for me then one big lump sum! List a few things on ebay, you’ll have the cash in no time.

AS LONG AS the trip won’t cost you or your family a hardship, then GO! You have planned this for the longest time. :happy:


#9

Personally, I would take the trip as-is, if you don’t have to take money from the family funds. Go and have a great time.


#10

I probably wouldn’t go at all if I could recoup the money/get credits for future use; if not, I would cut the trip back. Even though you haven’t had to use any paycheck money to date and aren’t having any bill-paying issues to date; that doesn’t mean that your hours being cut back isn’t going to impact your ability to pay those bills in the future. If you can drop day, that’s what I can do.


#11

If the dog is taken care of (#1 priority in my house- we just replaced a knee on our 5y/o Lab), the house bills are paid and the DH says to go for it then GO FOR IT. If extra cash is an issue just scale back @ WDW. DW and I have gone and spent as little as $50 to 100.00 total in a day on a quick 5 day trip. It can be done.
I know you had tons of ADR’s lined up but they are not the important thing. Your daughter and time w/ Mom is what’s important. DD will understand. Our kids always did. Just tell her the situation. They are smarter than we give them credit.
So, if the dog (again #1 priority) is taken care of, house bills are paid and DH says go for it then GO FOR IT.
.
.
.
.
Or cancel.


#12

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;970623]OK. Before some of ya start to say I can never amke up my mind truse me this isnt one of those cases:crying:
My hours were cut back at work today. Really cut:crying: I have this trip coming up. Its a 10 night 11 day trip for Madisons Bday that I worked SO hard to do for her.
Here is the kicker. I still owe $331 to Disney. I have to have it paid off by July28.
I was thinking with everthing coming up that I wasnt planning for I may not be able to do the whole 10 night trip. My dog has heartworms and we just found out so in order to “save” her we needed to come up with $1200 for treatment.
I was thinking of shaving off some days on the trip. Only perhaps 2 nights which wont “kill” me:glare: I am locked into SWA $59 flights from Philly/Orlando 9-10 9-20 I was going to have my siser drop us off and pick us up. I canceled the limo to save the funds for the dog:crying:
OK so here is the deal… Since Im locked into the $59 flights IF I change it Philly has $99 flights for the next step up so if I canceled my flights and booked 2 days out its really not saving me money. For the money I would be saving with the rook at WDW I would be paying to so higher flights the next 2 days out.
I was looking into baltimore which has $49 flights both ways but it doesnt leave till the afternoon and we wouldnt be getting there till 3ish AND I would have to pay for parking BUT would have a $40 something credit with SWA I was thinking of reselling for a smaller amount.

What would you do? Keep the flight the way it is and hotel and not worry about it till the end of July when it has to be paid off and just hope I can come up with the money OR Shave off days BUT not change the flights for philly and hope that a ding comes my way or an internet cheaper price OR shave off the 2 days and book baltimore and just be happy I didnt have to cancel the whole trip?

Advise please… :heart:[/QUOTE]

They way I look at it is, you definitely should still go. If you drop the trip completely you’re loosing out on all the money you put into the trip. Especially the airlines. they don’t let you cancel or make major changes with out penalizing you for it.

This might sound odd but…sell something. If you only need $331 than maybe there’s a few things or one big thing you have kicking around that you might be able to sell on ebay or even to someone you know. I know I have a whole cellar of stuff that I’ll never use that’s just sitting there. Why not sell it right? Anyways it’s just an idea.

  • Drea

#13

Where was the money going to come from for the extra stuff you’ve mention, limo, gift basket, BBB? Was that extra money you would still need to find? Before going crazy with airlines, I’d cut out all the extra stuff and see where you stand.


#14

[QUOTE=sacredrose;970648]Especially the airlines. they don’t let you cancel or make major changes with out penalizing you for it.
[/QUOTE]

SouthWest lets you make any changes or totally cancel with no fees. The money isn’t returned to you but left as credit for one year. We only fly SWA because we can change flights for free if we need to.


#15

Oh that’s good. I wish airlines wouldn’t throw so many fees at you. We books through AirTran and even though our flight is 3 months away, we needed to change one of the passenger’s names on the flight reservation. My boyfriend can no longer come with us so we’re bringing my friend April (Who’s never been). They wouldn’t change the name. They made us cancel the reservation and rebook it with a 75 dollar fee for canceling leaving a credit to use towards the rebook. We ended up having to pay an additional 98 dollars for the flight over what we had paid before the change. Rip Off!!!

  • Drea

#16

[QUOTE=sacredrose;970651]Oh that’s good. I wish airlines wouldn’t throw so many fees at you. We books through AirTran and even though our flight is 3 months away, we needed to change one of the passenger’s names on the flight reservation. My boyfriend can no longer come with us so we’re bringing my friend April (Who’s never been). They wouldn’t change the name. They made us cancel the reservation and rebook it with a 75 dollar fee for canceling leaving a credit to use towards the rebook. We ended up having to pay an additional 98 dollars for the flight over what we had paid before the change. Rip Off!!!

  • Drea[/QUOTE]

That’s too bad. We love SWA because they have no extra fees and excellent customer service.


#17

DITTO!!! BBB is really expensive. You can have just as much fun without all the “extras”. Look at everything you have booked and see what you can shave off.


#18

Maybe get another part time job, just long enough to pay the balance and any extra money you may need on the trip. Since your hours were cut, you should have time to, get another part time work somewhere else. Perhaps working in retail somewhere for a short while, like a coffee shop or a clothing store. Just a thought!


#19

Ok everyone…I’ve been thinking and found out some ok news…the hours cut will be temp for 2 weeks which is ok I guess. I called disney and they said they will extend my pay in full date for 2 weeks. I was just stressing about getting them paid off by the eon of the month in july. Now…yes the dog is ok pam&rich. Thanks for asking :heart:
Jojo the extras I wasn’t worried about. I would have rec 3 extra paychecks PLUS my side business. It was just the july 28th deadline I was worried about. I actually canceled the limo.

I’m only planning on tking $500 down to spend.
I have the DDP so that’s covered. The gift basket I can slap on my credit card and BBB is being paid by both my DH and I. He doesn’t pay for my disney trips but since its madisons bday he will give me some money to take.

I was really worried about the july deadline but think ill be okay if I can just keep doing what I’m doing. If not worst case ill cancel a few days off to make it even out so I won’t have to pay the rest.

Thanks all for all your advise:heart:

Oh…mickeysgirlz…I love the option to make small payments. I do it all the time. Gotta love it


#20

Oh the drama. All that for nothing?