I need help, advise and questions answered please

Ok. We all know I just booked BWV for March but I just read some bad reviews. The advise I need is should I keep BWV or go back to SSR since I know what to expect? Ok #2… I just noticed that SSR had activities to do such as Bingo. Does BWV have the same things to do? Now for the help… I don’t want to have to walk for 3 straight days just to get back to my room. Does anyone know where I should request? I’m going to have a garden/pool view. Which floor should I request to see fireworks? I read BWV is outdated. Is that true? Should I stay or switch? I need to give my husband a great first impression so I can con him into buying me more points so I need to figure out which resort will give him the WOW factor:laugh:

I can’t imagine what sort of bad reviews you could possibly get for BWV. It is practically perfect in every way. Ask for a room by the elevator if you do not want to walk far.

Outdated? Someone was sharing their sour grapes if they wrote that. It is fresh and lovely. The most beautiful of all WDW resorts.

You should stay. Plenty of WOW factor here.

I am not sure what site has negative reviews of BWV. I have never heard of anyone who didn’t love it. Even if they had a long walk to their room.

I’ve honestly never read a bad review of BWV. In fact I think most people dream to stay there. Keep your ressie and see how it works for you. If you hate it at least you’ll know from your experiences and not someone with totally different taste than you.

Holy cow, calm down-- you’re going to WDW!!!

I already suggested a room near the elevator in your other thread. You can get that as a pool view and you will have a room overlooking the main pool. Views are nice but it doesn’t make or break our trip.

We stayed at BWV a year and a half ago and it was fine. The resort was in good shape and our room was nice. Was it our favorite? No we love BCV so BWV was just ok. I would pick BWV over SSR any day just for the location, being able to walk to Epcot is awesome.

That is such good advice, Bella. You’ll never know if you like it until you give it a try. If it’s not for you you’ll know but I can’t imagine it would be awful.

You guys are great!!! I read it on allears but I was going thought all the pages so it may have been a while back! I just get a little scared of new things but after staying at SSR and being with DVC I think it has been the BEST decison I have ever made in my life!! I am now a true " deluxe" girl and I cant wait to try all the new resorts. Its just my DH first time going with me as DVC and I wanted to make him see what I work sooooo hard every month for. Thanks all for the advise and the peace of mind… Oh… What about activities??? I just checked the packet from SSR and they had crafts and bingo in the community hall. Where is welcome home wednesdays held at ?? Thanks all!!!

Stop worrying, and stop changing! It’s all good.

There are activities in the Community Center by the quiet pool.

Welcome Home Wednesdays is at Atlantic Dance Hall.

There are also groceries, food delivery, croquet, hot tubs, plus all the Boardwalk fun stuff: jugglers, bike rentals, music, hair braiding, etc.

It’s beautiful and wonderful.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;922676]Stop worrying, and stop changing! It’s all good.

There are activities in the Community Center by the quiet pool.

Welcome Home Wednesdays is at Atlantic Dance Hall.

There are also groceries, food delivery, croquet, hot tubs, plus all the Boardwalk fun stuff: jugglers, bike rentals, music, hair braiding, etc.

It’s beautiful and wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Super!!! Thanks so much for the information. Im going to be able to sleep good tonight knowing that I made a great choice with the help of all my MB friends. Thanks again!!:heart:

From the December insert in the Boardwalk Bugle –

A few of these are offered each day:

Photo Albums
Create Your Own Souvenir
Luna Park Poolside Bingo
Paint a Piggy Bank
Tissue Characters
Albotross Treasure Cruise
Arts N Crafts
Ceramics
Luna Park Pool Party
Create Fun Storage
Personalized Craft Night
Sun Catcher
Wooden Car Craft
Umbrella
Beach Ball Craft
Variety Craft Night
Customize a Banner
Picture Blocks

Plus nightly:

Campfire Singalong
Movie Under The Stars

Also, there are the Boardwalk arcade games, fishing excursions, boat rentals, and amazing tennis courts that nobody ever seems to use!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;922697]From the December insert in the Boardwalk Bugle –

A few of these are offered each day:

Photo Albums
Create Your Own Souvenir
Luna Park Poolside Bingo
Paint a Piggy Bank
Tissue Characters
Albotross Treasure Cruise
Arts N Crafts
Ceramics
Luna Park Pool Party
Create Fun Storage
Personalized Craft Night
Sun Catcher
Wooden Car Craft
Umbrella
Beach Ball Craft
Variety Craft Night
Customize a Banner
Picture Blocks

Plus nightly:

Campfire Singalong
Movie Under The Stars[/QUOTE]

Thank you soooo much for posting that!!! I cant wait. The kids dont want to do the parks this time around. We feel that we didnt have time to enjoy the resorts so what we are planning is to rent boats,sea racers resort chill, horse back riding and perhaps nascar racing also fishing. We will be going to HS on my actual bday. Do you know the amount of the activities? I kinda want to keep this trip under $2000:pinch:

Stay away from other people’s reviews. You know we’ll give you the truth here.

I can’t imagine ANYONE not liking BWV - god - I hope I didn’t scare you with the “hallway of doom”.:laugh: BWV’s a gorgeous resort, ok - it’s got the freaky clown pool and “THE HALLWAY TO *ELL” - but other than that…

Don’t mind me tonight - I’m feelin’ a little wacky.

You will LOVE the place, absolutely love it. It’s gorgeous. Except, of course, for the…kidding, just kidding.:laugh: (Besides, when you leave they give you a Tshirt saying “I survived the Freaky Clown Pool and THE HALLWAY OF DOOM”) No, they don’t. Kidding again. (I’m a kidder) (Like Ellen)…

t depends what you want to do, the pirate cruise costs about $30 but other things are free.

OK, most of the activities are free. some have a small charge, but nothing too high. Most of the activities are at BW, and some of them are aroudn the lake at YC/BC.

If you are going to go fishing, you might enjoy having your bass guide pick you up over at Contemporary or WLV because the waters over there are incredible. there were times where we were catching big bass every cast! We had Carrie as our guide, and she was magnificent. So patient with the kids and a great guide!

Ask for her – you will love her.

[QUOTE=llama;922707]Stay away from other people’s reviews. You know we’ll give you the truth here.

I can’t imagine ANYONE not liking BWV - god - I hope I didn’t scare you with the “hallway of doom”.:laugh: BWV’s a gorgeous resort, ok - it’s got the freaky clown pool and “THE HALLWAY TO *ELL” - but other than that…

You will LOVE the place, absolutely love it. It’s gorgeous. Except, of course, for the…kidding, just kidding.:laugh: (Besides, when you leave they give you a Tshirt saying “I survived the Freaky Clown Pool and THE HALLWAY OF DOOM”) No, they don’t. Kidding again. (I’m a kidder) (Like Ellen)…[/QUOTE]

:laugh:OMG, you are in a wacky mood.:laugh:

[QUOTE=llama;922707]Stay away from other people’s reviews. You know we’ll give you the truth here.

You will LOVE the place, absolutely love it. It’s gorgeous. Except, of course, for the…kidding, just kidding.:laugh: (Besides, when you leave they give you a Tshirt saying “I survived the Freaky Clown Pool and THE HALLWAY OF DOOM”) No, they don’t. Kidding again. (I’m a kidder) (Like Ellen)…[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You had me going with the Tshirt:laugh: I cant wait to throw the kids in the freaky clown pool:laugh: Heck… Im probally going to have soo many Pina CoLAVAS and pineapple rum things from Ohana’s Ill probally be sleeping in the hallway because Im going to forgt where I stay:laugh:

Try the Island Sunset at 'Ohana, it is sooooo good.

Im looking for Bingo!! Im a bingo freak:happy: I may book the kids a pirate cruise this time around. My husband wanted to go fishing and I want to sit back and enjoy EVERYTHING:heart:

Thanks! I just programed that into my PDA so when my phone goes off that day it will remind me.

I don’t know about bingo at BWV but pool bingo at Stormalong Bay at BC was a dollar a card.