I need help understand rules concerning

several topics.

Baby swap - We will have 4 adults and a 2 yr old. How does this work with rides? I know DGS can go on a whole slew of rides, but I’m talking the bigger rides.

FP + - Could we make say a FP+ for four but let our DS and DDIL use our bands to go on a ride twice?

Could we choose 4 FP together and then later, perhaps the day before, change only two of them?  DS has plans for going to water parks and of course, we can't plan those 2 months in advance.

Room keys - Has anyone lately gotten an extra room key for a family to be able to use your room? My sister may be coming and she will have a hard time in the parks even with a scooter. I thought perhaps while at MK, she could rest at our room at BLT. I did write to MS and ask and got a Maybe as an answer. I would need to ask at the resort when we get there.

I may have more questions next week when I actually make AP+ choices.

Thanks for your help.

…I can’t help you with answers–hopefully someone else can…

…but I think you can only get 3 FP+ a day and only in one park…I am not to that point in my planning yet but that’s what I have read…you can use your app to change those 3 at any time though…IF the time and attraction still have space available…I’m pretty sure it is done individually so that if one wants to cancel and go to a different park you can…You can not get 2 in one park and 1 in another though—that much I am pretty sure of…

…hopefully others who have been through the FP+ can help you more… :slight_smile:

Hmm… I could only walk you through the Disneyland version. But generally, you just approach the CM in front of the ride and tell them you need to baby swap, and they give you the procedure for their ride. Important- have the baby with you when you ask! :biggrin:

I suppose you could, but do know that when you scan the band, your name comes up on the screen. Which is probably not a problem, but a man scanning a band with a name that comes up “Anna-Tiffany” might raise an eyebrow. I do know that you’re not supposed to do this… but I don’t see why you shouldn’t.

Like Lois said, as long as you don’t want to do it at different parks, you can change them around all over the place.

I don’t understand why disney would be upset about this. It’s not like we have figured out a way to get 27 FPs. My thought is, DH and I go more often than DS and family, so let them have a few extra rides.

I doubt any individual would get upset about it. Disney from on high says FPs are “non-transferable” in order to cover themselves (from what? I don’t know), but I can’t imagine a CM on the front line worrying about it.

The baby swap is easy. Walk up to the CM working the beginning of the que (must have baby with you) and tell them you want a baby swap. They will give you a little fast pass type piece of paper that allows the person waiting with the baby and 2 others to go thru the fast pass line once the rest of the party has completed their ride. I’m not sure if this has changed in anyway with the bands as we haven’t used it in 2 years.

Baby swap works the same way it always did with the FP+, and unfortunately, it’s not transferrable without you switching bands which would be kinda obvious since your name pops up when you go through. That being said, I really can’t see a CM worrying about it. Your daughter could simply say, my parent’s changed their mind about riding so we are using their FP+ instead of wasting them. I really don’t think anyone will say anything.

I actually never did baby swap before. When the kids were younger, we went every three or four yrs, so one trip they were too short, next trip they were tall enough for everything.

Maybe on the magic bands, we should just put our last name, that way the same name applies to all of us. :tongue:

To answer your room key question, getting an extra room key will not be a problem. We were staying off site, and another family member onsite. When they checked in, they told the cm that we would be babysitting their kids during their stay. The CM gave each of us a room only key card without batting an eye, each with our names on it.

Good to know.

I’m now making fast pass choices. A few days we will have DGS while DS and DDIL goes to water park. How do I make FPs for us and then FPs for them later in the evening?

Jo Jo…are you using the MyDisney Experience app to select FP+? I haven’t done mine yet but the app FAQ said you choose, then choose the members of your party who will be using the FP at that attraction at that time. Then, you can choose alternative FPs for those not included in yours.

Now that’s using the app…as I said…I can’t go forward and find out more, because I’m not eligible to choose FPs until June…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1141359]Jo Jo…are you using the MyDisney Experience app to select FP+? I haven’t done mine yet but the app FAQ said you choose, then choose the members of your party who will be using the FP at that attraction at that time. Then, you can choose alternative FPs for those not included in yours.

Now that’s using the app…as I said…I can’t go forward and find out more, because I’m not eligible to choose FPs until June…[/QUOTE]

Ok I got it. I was trying to make just two FP now and then two FP later and couldn’t find any links. What I did was make the 4 FP and then change the time for two and then change the ride. It could be I’m just a computer dunce, but I spent several hours picking and changing FP for 6 days. It was not a happy happy feeling. Perhaps I’ll feel happier once we are there and have the FP already planned. But it seems so much work, trying to think what are we going to do, is a 2 yr old going to be happy at 2 pm or still napping at 4 pm or up all day and crashes at 7 pm. Anybody have a 60 weather forcast?? DS and DDIL plan to go to water parks so I made FP for the evenings. But if it rains, I hope we can change them to earlier and the ones on a sunny day later. I just feel stressed.

I am not happy about feeling the need to think about it ahead of time either. We have already decided that when the time comes to choose, we will just choose the one or two rides in the park that are a must do. We will just take our chances and choose the day of for most—just like we did in the past…we have never been big FP users. It may be the time of year that we go, but we never seem to mind waiting a bit in stand by…

I know you are glad that it’s done now. I hope they all work out well for you. If the toddler needs a nap–change with your app or a kiosk that day… :slight_smile: