I need help with Disney party favors

I don’t have a lot of time to find & order something so I need your help fellow MBers! As some may know I am having a birthday party for Daniel in December when we are at WDW, it’s a surprise party but his whole family is coming & some friends.

We have about 18 adults and 3 children; I need a favor for the adults! Just something little to thank them for coming up just to attend his party & to remember the occassion. It’s vaguely “Hollywood” themed because the location is Hollywood Studios.

I have to get the favors together & mail them down in a box to my Disney party planner so she can have them set out on a table.

I am kinda at a total loss. Naturally I’d love it to be Disney-related. My original idea was to get some Disney candy from the Main Street sweet shop with a personalized “clapboard” frame so guests could put a photo from the event in it. Although, I will NOT have time once we get to WDW to do all that.

I need to order something now & get it all together!

Can you guys help me? Thanks! :happy:

Hey, Jess. What about some sort if Disney Christmas ornament or a Disney picture frame wrapped in cellophane and ribbons with confetti?

Can you call Disney and have it waiting at your hotel… I am sure there is a way that the party planners at Disney can help you with the planning…

yeah, that’s what I was thinking. They have multi-sets of those plain glass Mickey head ornaments (like packs of 8). I was thinking about getting those & personalizing them with a paint pen; saying “Happy Birthday Daniel 2009” or something to that effect.

Would that be cute? Cause the ornaments are cute & then it would commemorate the event, right?

I was also thinking about putting some little Disney Christmas candies in the bag; I don’t know where to get those besides WDW though.

Any suggestions on that front?

I like the idea of a Christmas Ornament especially because of timing. You can even do “Hollywood” style ornaments that aren’t Disney.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1004933]yeah, that’s what I was thinking. They have multi-sets of those plain glass Mickey head ornaments (like packs of 8). I was thinking about getting those & personalizing them with a paint pen; saying “Happy Birthday Daniel 2009” or something to that effect.

Would that be cute? Cause the ornaments are cute & then it would commemorate the event, right?

I was also thinking about putting some little Disney Christmas candies in the bag; I don’t know where to get those besides WDW though.

Any suggestions on that front?[/QUOTE]

How about a custom Vinylmation? You could do a cool one in black glitter with the date or something … . too much $$$? Time?? :laugh:

you could look at the dollar store (tends to have lots of disney stuff) for pens and such and have a birthday hat waiting for him there- then have everyone sign it- and then have everyone take a pic with him in the hat- you can send them the pic for the frame suggested before- you could even just get simple frames and custom decorate them with black mickey heads and the date/occasion using deco paint-

I have also seen mickey head chocolate molds before at Joann Fabric- that would be neat as well- do that and chocodipped pretzel rods covered in red and black jimmies-

You’re dreamin! :laugh: hehe, Adorable idea & I love doing custom Vinylamtions but doing that many would be too much for me!

I think I can do the ornaments more economically & faster. I just wanna find some cute little candies to put in there! :happy:

I didn’t get an official answer yet but I am almost 100% positive that whatever I give out has to be officially Disney licensed… making everything so much trickier. :laugh::pirate:

Oh trust me, she’s gone above & beyond with helping me; we’ve become like besties. :laugh: I plan on giving her a BIG show of “thank you” appreciation after all this 'cause most of her accounts are big corporations holding events in the ballrooms, conferences, etc. She’s been nothing but attentive & helpful to my little party. :happy: I didn’t want to bother her by asking her to get something for favors & prepare them. I don’t mind preparing them myself and shipping them to her office in the Contemporary. :happy:

maybe you can find an affordable pin for each of them? Maybe if you find a batch of them on ebay and wrap them all up nice? I did not know about teh whole licence thing- UGH

[QUOTE=woohoo;1004948]you could look at the dollar store (tends to have lots of disney stuff) for pens and such and have a birthday hat waiting for him there- then have everyone sign it- and then have everyone take a pic with him in the hat- you can send them the pic for the frame suggested before- you could even just get simple frames and custom decorate them with black mickey heads and the date/occasion using deco paint-

I have also seen mickey head chocolate molds before at Joann Fabric- that would be neat as well- do that and chocodipped pretzel rods covered in red and black jimmies-[/QUOTE]

good ideas! Although, two problems… I think anything I include that’s “Disney” has to be officially licensed & I don’t think a lot of those dollar store products are. Also, if I make the goodies or candies myself I am worried they won’t survive the shipping to Florida (melting :pinch:)

It’s tricky, I may just do the personalized ornaments in a bag with red/green confetti and ribbon & call it a day! :happy:

I thought about pins too but would the non-Disney freaks (or mild Disney fans) really want a pin? Not too sure about that, Daniel even dislikes the whole pin thing. :glare:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1004950]You’re dreamin! :laugh: hehe, Adorable idea & I love doing custom Vinylamtions but doing that many would be too much for me!

I think I can do the ornaments more economically & faster. I just wanna find some cute little candies to put in there! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I wish you had mentioned it to me earlier. They had the cutest Mickey Head red and white striped candy corn. That would have been perfect. NO MELT factor. Maybe you buy the blanks and do a “make your own”? I guess that is pricey at $9.95 each.

A girl can dream of getting a Wishy original!! :wink:

Just a thought. M&M’s would hold up well in travel.

http://www.mymms.com/Disney/Selling_page.asp

Amazon.com: Pez Disney Mickey Assortment Candies - 12 Pieces: Health & Personal Care Pez heads a WHOLE case for $16

I really also like the Vinylmation idea and with all the different ones out there it would be neat for each person to get one and you wouldn’t have to make them, except for the cost- it is a little pricey when you need to buy 18! Maybe they could give you a deal if you buy 18!:laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeyspal;1004969]Just a thought. M&M’s would hold up well in travel.

My M&M’S® - Customized Chocolate Candy with Disney Characters[/QUOTE]

Those are really cute & you can personalize them!

You can put his picture on them… fun!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1004963]I wish you had mentioned it to me earlier. They had the cutest Mickey Head red and white striped candy corn. That would have been perfect. NO MELT factor. Maybe you buy the blanks and do a “make your own”? I guess that is pricey at $9.95 each.

A girl can dream of getting a Wishy original!! :wink:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to threadjack… would now be a bad time to say I do have a Wishy original??