I need some opinions

I have started making our ADRs for our 11/17-11/21 trip. Our original trip dates were 11/17-11/24 but we decided to shorten it a bit. We are not doing a big meal every day because we want to get in as much park time as possible. So far I have:
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s Monday and
Lunch at Whispering Canyon Tuesday
We may add another in there somewhere but for now, this is it.

We need a dinner ADR for Saturday 11/17- We will be traveling that day and after spending 7 hours in the car we will not want to go to a park to eat. I tried booking T-Rex at DTD but it has no availability. :crying: I am going to keep trying to get it but if not, what is another good option? We will have 4 adults, Myself, DH, DMIL and DSIL, three kidlets, DS-13, DD-10 and DNephew-7. My kiddos will and do eat anything…doesn’t matter. DN, not so much…if it’s not peanut butter and jelly (store bought, not homemade) or kraft mac n cheese, he won’t eat it. I would love to be at DTD somewhere because I don’t think we will fit it in any other time. We are staying at the POFQ.
HELP! :blush: What do you suggest for a good kick off meal for our first night at the World?

Rainforest Cafe is another option in DTD.

Would Boatwrights at the adjoining riverside work? You could take the short walk over or take the boat ride there…they have a kids menu …IMHO DTD has limited family options…I STILL miss Chef Mickey’s there…Rainforest might work…

What about beaches and cream? Could you get there in time?

No availability on that night. I checked it as a back up.

How about Earl of Sandwich it has something for everyone and if someone doesn’t like that they can go over to Wolfgang Puck express and get something there and join outside of either of them to eat together. Then to Grihellia(sp) for dessert.

It’s not at DTD but if you’re looking for themed places what about ESPN at the Boardwalk. They have a variety plus the guys might like the sports stuff.

Make the ADR and join them in…if they come, great and if not, whatever. I know I am being harsh, but I am seriously selfish about my WDW trips. Heck with everyone …your trip for your family…blah to them.

I second Dana’s suggestion about the Boardwalk, but I would go to the Big River Grille and Brew Works. Great food, really relaxed atmosphere, and seeing that you are arriving on a Saturday night the carnival activities and performers on the Boardwalk should be out and about. It is a great opportunity to enjoy some time together to kick off your trip. We also hit the bakery for breakfast stuff the next morning. Great option if you are going to be on the run to a park to start your first day.

You might want to try and call T-rex directly.

I believe a couple of MBers have been able to get an ADR by calling directly!

Send LittleMissMagic a PM - I know that she has the phone number and how to score a reservation.

Thanks so much for all the help! I’ll keep trying T-Rex! That’s the first choice! All the other suggestions sound great too! Thanks!

CallingTREX directly worked for us! Keep trying!

Definitely call TRex directly. I’ve booked 2 ADRs there before that Disney dining didnt offer. Their number is 407-828-8739.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I was able to get exactly what we wanted! 6:15pm on Saturday after we arrive!

Thanks for your help! And for all the great ideas for future trips! We’ll be doin’ some good eatin’! :laugh:

[QUOTE=MICKEYMom;1111513]THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I was able to get exactly what we wanted! 6:15pm on Saturday after we arrive!

Thanks for your help! And for all the great ideas for future trips! We’ll be doin’ some good eatin’! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

You’re very welcome! :happy: