I need your vote please!

What character breakfast is best, Chef Mickeys or Donalds Safari? I have been to Chef Mickeys but not to Donalds. I would love your input on what you all think. Currantly I have ressies at CM but really wanted to give Donalds a try if it was better. So, I am asking my fellow buzzers,which one???

Hmmm…haven’t done Chef Mickey’s in a few years so it is on our list to try this year. We did Donald’s Safari last year and loved it, so I guess right now I would vote for Donald’s. It was really a lot of fun, our kids enjoyed it and we loved the food.

We love them both, but my vote is for Donalds!

My vote is for donalds as well so that you can get into the park before it opens.

Donald’s definitely – it’s not as loud and wild as CM and my DD says the juice is “to die for”. And you can be one of the first on the Safari. The earlier the better since it’s not too hot yet. We were so close to a giraffe I could have reached out and touched her and then we actually had to stop and let a rhino go in front of us because we were on a collision course.

Hmmm…that’s a hard one for me too. We love them both. With only those two choices, I would have to say Donald’s. If I could choose any Disney Char. Breakfast, I would choose Ohana’s. You can’t go wrong!! Enjoy!!

Donald’s :pirate:

have not been to Donalds but was at CM last year and was quite disappointed Characters were rushed through and food was good at best.

Whole experience felt rushed. Was also at CM a few years back and it was much better

Either way your there at Disney Im not any breakfast will be better than mine

ENJOY

Chef Mickey’s = omelets made to order from the kitchen
Donald’s = omelet choice limited to whatever they have that day and nothing made to order from the kitchen.

I too was very unimpressed by our interaction with Donald’s characters.
We were outright ignored by 2 of them and the other 2 rushed by, even though there weren’t many diners even in the restaurant at the time.
And the buffet choices seemed limited to me, especially when compared to Boma, CP, CM, and 1900.

My choice is Chef Mickey’s.

We were in WDW summer of 2007 and loved Chef Mickey’s as far as ambiance and character interaction. Chef Mickey’s had a parade go through the restaurant while everyone waved their napkins and we thought that was a blast.

We went to Donald too that year and weren’t very impressed, but our understanding is that they have changed restaurants since then so we are trying it again. We were disappointed with the character interaction and the kids weren’t as happy with the food choices.

I happened to love the biscuits and gravey at Donalds, but also loved the food at Chef Mickeys.

All that to say that we loved Chef Mickey’s but are willing to give Donalds a try again in case we just landed there on a bad day last trip.

Good luck making your decision!

Never tried Donald’s to be fair to it but we have heard more disappointing reviews than good ones over the years. CM we have done each year for the past few years and never been disappointed as yet. Great character interaction and the celebrations are brill.

I would try something new & go to Donald’s.

I think I’d choose Donald’s - just for something different.

We love Donald’s!!!

We loved both of them but if I were you I would go to Donald’s! Ita always fun to try something new :laugh:

[QUOTE=jen9804;1018427]We were in WDW summer of 2007 and loved Chef Mickey’s as far as ambiance and character interaction.
We went to Donald too that year and weren’t very impressed, but our understanding is that they have changed restaurants since then so we are trying it again. We were disappointed with the character interaction and the kids weren’t as happy with the food choices.
[/QUOTE]

You must have done the Breakfastosaurus at Restaurantosaurus.
Sadly, since the move to Tusker House, I feel that the food choices are diminished, not improved since the move and the one time we did go to Tusker House, we had one of our worst character interactions in WDW, bar none.
Others have said that it’s better, but we didn’t see it, and certainly didn’t taste it and then we’ve got my continuing complaint about no eggs to order at Tusker House, unlike Breakfastosaurus.
Oddly, Donald’s Safari Breakfast has become one of the harder reservations to get.