I officially give up

Ok, so after making plans including dining ressies twice, Our trip is cancelled again. So, for this year, I officially give up on the hopes of a WDW trip. It’s OK, though, I’m not too sad, honest. The only dates that we were going to be able to go, turned out to definitely conflict with a visit from DH’s sister visiting us from England.

Also, I just found out that DS has the chance to go on a 10 trip to Europe with his school next year. That is a HUGE cost but if I can swing it (money wise), I want him to be able to go.

So, I think that this trip was simply not meant to be. I’ll just have to start planning out Hawaii trip instead.
(Also, I need your help with figuring out how to manipulate DVC points so please see that post in the DVC section.)

I am sorry that it didn’t work out again :frowning:

Thanks Dana, but it’s all good. I will get to go again right? I am, after all a brand new DVC member. Do you do DVC points rental booking? I need help…

Sorry to hear your trip is cxl…but you Hawaii vacation sounds exciting.

Thanks. I’m excited but reserved a bit. I really should book the resort in a few days but I won’t know until October if my vacation has been approved. But i’m being optimistic. If I don’t get to go in march, we’ll try again for summer break. I’ve decided that since things are coming up that will cost so much, cancelling our wdw trip was just what was meant to be. Also, DH just needed to buy a new truck, so that’s another big expense.

Bummer. Here’s a weird, but honest suggestion.

There’s a kids board game called The Magic Kingdom Game. Basically you race through the park, visit certain attractions, and make it back to the gate before the other players. Takes about 15 minutes to play.

It gives our family a mini-WDW fix.

Disney Magic Kingdom Game | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Thanks so much Cavey. I will do just about anything to get a Disney fix.

While you play that game, just smoke a few turkey legs in your kitchen, while showing PoC in the den! Voila! Enough Disney to get you through to the next trip!

Sorry about your trip! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1118334]While you play that game, just smoke a few turkey legs in your kitchen, while showing PoC in the den! Voila! Enough Disney to get you through to the next trip!

Sorry about your trip! :-)[/QUOTE]

We will be watching PoC tonight actually! I need to get my hands on mickey shaped ice cream sandwiches. That would complete it for me, especially since we are so hot and dry here at home right now (drought-like conditions)… Maybe a cookie cutter would do the job.:mickey:

It’s such a shame you’ve had to cancel but on the plus side, when you do finally get to go back to WDW it’s going to be even more magical. I always think the trips when you’ve had the longest wait are sooooo exciting and I get so much more out of them!

This is true, and since we are really hoping there’s availability at Aulani and we will be going there in 2013, we won’t be going to WDW in 2013. So it will definitely be a longer while than we are used to between visits. I KNOW I will appreciate the next trip that much more.