I refuse to say "Hollywood Studios" its MGM!

It changed once the movie Dinosaur came out, right? And I guess that’s why they tamed it down a bit. :crying:

I have trouble with the studios too. And I still ride the peoplemover at the magic kingdom…
(and I am still wondering when Mr. Morrow will find his party from Saturn. They must be really tired of waiting on him.)

[QUOTE=WiseguyJohnny;1041073]am i a jerk for when i ask the concierge “what time does MGM close?” and when she responds “do you mean Hollywood Studios?” i say “Noooo… MGM!”

yea… i’m a jerk. but i think of myself as “Old School”[/QUOTE]So, how’s the weather up there in Nieuw Amsterdam? :laugh:

I call it DHS for Disney Hollywood Studios, so it’s another 3 letter “initialism” so it works for me. However, I find a lot of people don’t understand DHS, so I still say MGM <g>.
Frank

I am lazy and just call it Studios or hollywood…I am out of the habbit of callign it MGM…never thought it would happen, but it has.:eek:

If you google “DHS” you get:

Department of Homeland Security
DHS: Illinois Department of Human Services
Oklahoma Department of Human Services
DHS - Department of Human Services (Michigan)
Demographic and Health Surveys: MEASURE DHS Home
USCIS Home Page (Customs and Immigration)
TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of …
State of Oregon: Department of Human Services
NYC Department of Homeless Services
California Department of Health Services

That’s just the first 10.
In fact, I’m now 320 links in and I have yet to see anything remotely related to Disney or Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
It’s only when you search “DHS, Disney” do things change.

I just thought you all might find that interesting.

Yes, that is correct. However, I’m not sure if that is why they tamed it down. I do miss the intensity of the original ride.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1041187]If you google “DHS” you get:

Department of Homeland Security
DHS: Illinois Department of Human Services
Oklahoma Department of Human Services
DHS - Department of Human Services (Michigan)
Demographic and Health Surveys: MEASURE DHS Home
USCIS Home Page (Customs and Immigration)
TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of …
State of Oregon: Department of Human Services
NYC Department of Homeless Services
California Department of Health Services

That’s just the first 10.
In fact, I’m now 320 links in and I have yet to see anything remotely related to Disney or Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
It’s only when you search “DHS, Disney” do things change.

I just thought you all might find that interesting.[/QUOTE]

Soundgod, you are always a plethora of information. Thanks for the taking the time to Google.

By the way, if you change the search to DHS,Disney things change pretty fast and all you see are Studios related links.
I know I’m being a little picky and I also post DHS most of the time, but it kind of sticks in my craw. Then there’s that moment of hesitation when watching the news when they say “DHS this” and “DHS that”.

And I too still slip and refer to the park as MGM once in a while.

I’m a “go with the flow” type of gal. I don’t mind that they changed the name, and lately, I haven’t been slipping by saying MGM as much. Now…if they change the theme of the Rock’n Rollercoaster from Aerosmith to Jonas Brothers (as rumored/joked about), I will not be going with that FLOW at all! LOL!

Oh please…no…

It’s not that I refuse, I just can’t get it in my head. I always call it MGM.

Yes I understand, still find myself typing the old name every so often.

I’m an MGM, DC, and Dixie Landings girl too ( just look at my DC name)

:wacko: Karen – all these years on here together, all these years of knowing that Dixie Landing was your favourite and I NEVER put the two together!:laugh:

…and here I thought I was the only nut who can not the right name with the picture in my mind. HS will always be MGM to me. My kids laugh because they don’t know any other way.

If they do change it to a Jonas Brothers themed ride, it will literally be the first roller coaster to make me puke.:blow:
That’s quite a feat considering I’ve ridden over 200 coasters, including the tallest coasters, fastest coasters, and the coasters with the most inversions in North America.
It won’t be the ride that causes this, it’ll be the Jonas Brothers!:angry:

Ohhhhhhhh Janice, now that did make me laugh, did you ever puzzle why I called myself Dixie? Love it, thanks for the smile!:heart:

:laugh:I know - it was a total Homer Simpson moment - DUH! OHHHH - that’s why she’s called Dixie!:laugh:

i hadn’t heard that jonas brothers rumor til’ just now. Disaster!