I Should Be Ashamed Of Myself*

*But I’m not:mickey:

Here I am telling everyone else what to do, where to go, what to eat, where to sleep and I’m probably more guilty than anyone of not having a plan when I was nearly certain we would be going for our annual outing next week.

I finally made room reservations tonight and a few dining reservations as well.
But for the life of me, I can’t figure out why my heart’s not really in it. Must have something to do with money being really tight right now.

Anyway, where things stand now I was able to lock in California Grill for 10/23, and then I realized that someone gifted me their le Cellier reservation (which I need to find out the time).
I’ve got tickets for next Thursday night’s Halloween party and I think I’ll be playing everything else by ear for now.
At least until I’ve thrashed the schedule around.

Well the plans you’ve made so far sound great!

Have a great time. And if possible, do some discreet investigating about Fast Passes.

Did you have many choices with resorts, being one week out? Will be there next week and trying to get an idea if its going to be crowded.

It sounds like your plans so far are looking great. I can totally understand about not having your heart into it if money is tight. I totally did not want to book anything or even log on to MB:ohmy: until I figured out a plan for how I would pay for 2 rooms this trip.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1092795]*But I’m not:mickey:

Here I am telling everyone else what to do, where to go, what to eat, where to sleep and I’m probably more guilty than anyone of not having a plan when I was nearly certain we would be going for our annual outing next week.
.[/QUOTE]

I also would like to add that I am glad you are not ashamed since I, for one, would not want you to withdraw from being so open with the valuable info that you provide.:mickey:

I totally get the not having the money. We are going value on everything this trip. Something I have not had to do for a long time.

SG, I only wish that we could celebrate our anni as you. Have a great time celebrating with the Mrs. and i’ll be thinking of you two at Cali while watching DH playing with his new chainsaw. :wink:
Not a equal trade off but, ya know.

What discreet? I’ll ask overtly and then report back.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1092818]SG, I only wish that we could celebrate our anni as you. Have a great time celebrating with the Mrs. and i’ll be thinking of you two at Cali while watching DH playing with his new chainsaw. :wink:
Not a equal trade off but, ya know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but at least he’s home from his recent deployment, right?

I only looked for Florida resident rates and was most interested in CSR, which was available. I did decide to see what might be available at WL, AKL, and Contemporary, but no resident rates were available.
But the fact I was able to get resident rates at CSR is a good sign that at least that resort will not be at full capacity. My experience has always been that the deluxe resorts get fairly crowded during these last two weeks of October, but that has also been due to the PGA golf tournament being played the same week.

If you are curious about what’s still open, try a dry run room only search and play around. That’s about all I can suggest. But historically, crowds during late October aren’t too bad. One indication that is hard to ignore is that between Oct 20 and Oct 25, Fantasmic is being presented at least once every night and on a couple, twice. Then again, we’ve got MK closing at 7 PM next Friday, and DHS closing most nights at 8 PM, and that says crowds are lower.

I know how you feel. Money was tight, really tight for my August trip. It had me not quite as excited as I usually am. WE broguht half the money we usually bring and that made me super nervous. I have to say that we really had a great time regardless. I had plans, but not my normal plans. We played it by ear more than we ever did and it really was nice.

I love that you have some plans, but not to many. Try winging it the entire trip. It really is a new way to see WDW.

Well, you know how I plan anyway. I work around night time show schedules and EMH.
I even unwittingly planned to be in Epcot in time for Boss’ meet and greet next Friday because I’d already decided that was the night I was going to see Illuminations.
Normally, I would have made reservations for dinner every night and a breakfast buffet every morning, usually skipping lunch. Instead, I’ve got nightly dining for 4 of 5 nights and the 5th is the Halloween party, which probably means Cosmic Ray’s while dining to the song stylings of Sonny Eclipse.
I locked in breakfast for our anniversary at Cape May. Sadly no anniversary with Pooh as usual because CP is unavailable every day we’re there. 1900 and Chef Mickey’s are equally as bad. But I’ve found that I can survive very nicely on food court omelets (at a greatly reduced cost compared to a buffet).
And Cape May works well because of the Saturday morning EMH at DHS, allowing us to get to Star Tours and Toy Story and ToT and The Coaster before breakfast and possibly even collect a couple FPs too.

And surprise, surprise, surprise!! (Oh, hi Gomer)
Fantasmic is being presented every night we’re in town.

No, there are “plans” and there are P L A N S.
I just have “plans”, a general outline beyond planned meals.

My fil and mil are going to CSR for a convention (Dr’s at that) from the 30th-1st. Well that’s their dates, no idea how long this thing is really going on. So maybe the hotel freed up some rooms from this? I wish we could go. But we can’t money is tight, I’m working 2 jobs, and 2 major dr appts for 2 different kids are scheduled. sigh :sad:

I think you will be fine.

Maybe it will be your best trip because you are doing something different. never know…

So sorry you’re not crossing paths with us.

Quoting #42: “I feel your pain”.
With chronic psoriasis, treating it to keep it under control is spectacularly expensive.
Lucky our health insurance covers most of the cost of a doctor’s visit and a lot of the testing they do. Plus medication. And we could really go off on a tangent from there, but that sort of discussion is frowned upon at best and verbotten at worst (highly political).

I think rooms at Florida resident rates have been available all along, but how would I know because I didn’t even bother checking until two weeks ago.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1093027]I think you will be fine.

Maybe it will be your best trip because you are doing something different. never know…[/QUOTE]

At this point, if I were doing something different, I wouldn’t be able to afford it.
There’s little we haven’t done beyond the Wild Africa Trek and Victoria and Albert’s. I’d say those two things would easily add $500 to the total cost.

The main thing is to just get away, get out of town, get out of the rut we’ve been in since the beginning of the year.

Have no fear kids, totally planned or improvised, there should be no problems next week.

And the weather for Thursday through Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous.
Next to no chance of rain, temps of 82/65. Thursday night will be a great night for trick or treating!

Well, at least you are spontaneous this trip. Hope it gets you out of the rut. I went on a trip recently (short weekend getaway to my favorite southern city, Charleston)… and all I thought was… more, more, more.

I know Disney already does that to you… but I hope that you have fun anyway.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1093031]At this point, if I were doing something different, I wouldn’t be able to afford it.
There’s little we haven’t done beyond the Wild Africa Trek and Victoria and Albert’s. [/QUOTE]

V&A is definitely a must do one day- really the Chef’s Table is. We have actually been 3 times and planned trips around when we could get a Fri or Sat night reservation. It has to be one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

If you can’t get there, but want a nice romantic night that won’t cost you quiet as much- try 1500 degrees at the Eden Rock in Miami Beach. We just went 2 weeks ago for a friends birthday. We did the chef’s tasting menu-a must do! ($85 or $115 with wine pairing) and it was 3 hours of complete deliciousness!! Paula DaSilva is the head chef and she is amazing. DH went to Boca High with her and she was the runner up on one season of Heck’s :whistling Kitchen. If you are a foodie- she is top notch!

Well Kim, some day we will. The closest I’ve come was I used the excuse we were eating at V&A’s in 2005 so I could surprise the wife with that vow renewal that was disrupted by Wilma. The way it worked was I needed an excuse for her to have to have a black cocktail dress and me to have my tux and V&A gave me cover.

I’ll have to consider the Eden Roc, though I’ve got a bigger place in my heart for the Fontainebleau (nothing to do with dining).
Also, one of these days, I think we’ll take the 20 minute drive and try Morton’s.

“Heck’s Kitchen”? Oh yeah, word filter. :tongue: