I think I'm in a jam

…but I think it’s a good jam.

We have a loosely planned trip set for next summer with some good friends we usually travel with. They have a lot of points they need to use or lose so I’m sure it’s going to happen, we just haven’t made firm plans or booked it.

Then…this morning over breakfast my DMIL mentioned I need to plan a trip for everyone (my DH’s parents, his brother and his then 5 year old) for next summer. :eek: Everyone talked like it was a given that we were going because the other grandson will be 5 and that’s the age that we took our son for his first trip (with the DILs).

I didn’t say a word about our other trip and it hasn’t actually been planned but I’m sure it will happen. We spend a big part of our 2 hour drive home this afternoon working out how we can make these trips happen and make everyone happy. I love my DILs and don’t want to disappoint them so I’m not trying to get out of the trip, in fact it would be fun. I’m not sure we can make both work because if my DH’s tight schedule in the summer. I also didn’t plan our points well for a big trip, I had planned to book our 2010 points and use them the following summer. However, we want them to see what DVC is all about because I’m always talking about how wonderful it is.

The good news–We may get two trips next summer! If we can time them right we may be able to buy APs for our trip this summer and use them for both trips next summer. That would really go a long way in making two trips affordable.

I hope we can work this out so everyone is happy. Honesty, I’m a little excited thinking we may get two trips next summer. :laugh:

What a jam to be in! I hope it all pans out for you! Sounds like next summer could be extra fun for you.:happy:

What a great problem to have! I hope it all works out for you. :happy:

That’s a good jam to be in. I’m trying to figure out how to fit one trip into the budget for next year.

Hopefully, it will work out for you! I would love to get annual passes and be able to go more often!

2 in 1 summer…that would be a heavenly jam! Hope it all works out.

I don’t think we could do two trips if we didn’t have DVC. Getting APs this summer for about $300 more than 9 day hoppers this summer also helps cut the cost A LOT. When we cut out the room rate and passes that leaves the flight, food and spending money. The room and tickets are big expenses so cutting those two out make two trips much more affordable. Hopefully we can score a decent price on flights and food is something we have some amount of control over.

Thanks! I hope it works out too. Both trips may not happen but at least I know we’re going even if it’s just us alone.

I think to save more money, you should just make it ONE big trip and cut out that extra airfare.:laugh::laugh:

hmmm How many points can you rent at 10 bucks a point for what airfare from IL would cost?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1039895]I think to save more money, you should just make it ONE big trip and cut out that extra airfare.:laugh::laugh:

hmmm How many points can you rent at 10 bucks a point for what airfare from IL would cost?[/QUOTE]

I would love to do one long trip but my DH can’t get that much time away at once. As it is he would have to get someone to cover one day of his college classes. He teaches two days a week every summer, usually Monday and Wednesday. He’s thinking that he would teach Monday, fly out late Monday night, get someone to cover his Wednesday class, fly home Sunday afternoon. The other trip could be planned to either the week before his class starts or the week it ends. He starts fall baseball the first Monday in August and his summer class ends around the 27th of July so we really don’t have a large block of time to do one 2 week trip.

That would be great if you can figure them both out! I wish I was going twice next summer!! :laugh:

wish I had that type of problem… good luck

That is not a JAM… That is good planning. Two trips in one summer. ENJOY

I see this not as a jam,but a jamboree…hip hip hooray!!!

Just thinking, maybe you can do one of your trips a little earlier, during Spring Break? I know its a bit more expensive points wise, but I would imagine the AP’s would still work out good, and then you would be able to enjoy a trip with a little less heat?

Ohhhhhh, forget the above. I just remembered that your school district doesn’t have Spring Break. Oh well, just have to enjoy the summer. What fun it would be that on your way home from Disney, getting the standard post pardom blues, and then you can turn around and be there again.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1040000]Just thinking, maybe you can do one of your trips a little earlier, during Spring Break? I know its a bit more expensive points wise, but I would imagine the AP’s would still work out good, and then you would be able to enjoy a trip with a little less heat?

Ohhhhhh, forget the above. I just remembered that your school district doesn’t have Spring Break. Oh well, just have to enjoy the summer. What fun it would be that on your way home from Disney, getting the standard post pardom blues, and then you can turn around and be there again.[/QUOTE]

I would love to do a spring break trip but that’s never going to happen. It would be fun to have two trips in less than six weeks, it would make going home so much easier.

Nothing is set yet, we haven’t even booked on trip let alone two so things may fall apart for one or both trips. Either way I know we’re going to go at least once so it’s all good.

You guys are all correct, this really isn’t a jam. How can it be bad to go to WDW twice in one summer?

Is it possible to invite the friends along with the family trip? I think that could be fun.

It’s possible because they have all known each other for 20+ years but I think that might get a little stressful and I would feel pulled from both directions. I don’t think we could make that work for a week, a couple of days yes but not a week. I think it would just be too many people who aren’t used to traveling together and no one would get what they wanted out of the trip. I would spend my trip trying to make sure everyone is happy and worrying about how things are going.

Ah, I know, you can just buy more points. Wouldn’t you love to own at the Hawaii resort!