ICE at Gaylord Plams

I’ve heard Ice at the Gaylord Palms is not to be missed. Is that true?? We are 2 adults going for a girls week - is it worth it? If so, how long does it take to see it all? We are staying at the Beach Club is the best way to get there and back a taxi?:blink:

I honestly would say that it is not worth it. It is small, yet takes forever to get through because of people!! I think it is costly and if you don’t by their “fast pass” sort of tickets you can wait 2 plus hours in line- just to get in. If you go, I would not go on a weekend and I would do it at an off time. It is carved ice and they have some ice slides, but if you check out the pictures you will know what you will see there. And, it is FREEZING in there!!

We saw ICE last Christmas week and we liked it a lot! It was expensive, but really cool (literally). They give you parkas to wear. I don’t think we’d go again, but I’m glad we went last year. There were 10 of us, and we all enjoyed it.

Also be a aware that if you your car/rental car, Gaylord charges a parking fee.

So I got 1 positive and 1 negative about ICE at Gaylord Palms.

Has anyone else been there? I really don’t want to take the time and incur the expense of getting there and paying admission if it’s not that great. Time at Disneyworld is valuable so I only want to make the excursion if it is a not-to-miss attraction.

I really liked ICE as I went the past few years. It is something neat to see, but I lived in Orlando and was not missing WDW time to do it. I personally, would not take time out of WDW to see it.

If you do however, I would go to Pop Century and take a taxi from there as it is about the closest spot in WDW you can get a taxi from.

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1000478]So I got 1 positive and 1 negative about ICE at Gaylord Palms.

Has anyone else been there? I really don’t want to take the time and incur the expense of getting there and paying admission if it’s not that great. Time at Disneyworld is valuable so I only want to make the excursion if it is a not-to-miss attraction.[/QUOTE]

Since you asked if it’s worth missing WDW time, I’d say no. We make several trips a year, so we had extra time. Unless you’ve got extra time to fill, you can skip ICE with a clear conscience :laugh:

I was just going to post and ask the same question. It sounded kind of neat but I cannot deal with the hassle and paying to park at a hotel is just insane!!!:blow:

NOT worth it!