If you could refurbish COP, what would you do?

[B][I]I’ve been thinking about this for several years. I love COP because it was Walt’s baby. But, I think it needs a make over. I like the rooms it has, but it stops in in the 1940s? or is it the 1950s? (I’m not counting the Future Room) I would like to see them add two more rooms: like a 1970s or 1980s room & a 2005 room. Update the Room of the Future.

What do you all think about this or what are your ideas for refurbishing COP?[/I][/B]

I would update the last room/future a lot. There are so many possibilities for that room. Other than that I love what’s there. I love the last room but it’s not the future now, it’s pretty current.

Funny I was just there, (8/4) and thought the future room looked like 2002. It was supposed to be the start of the Millenium, but come now, those ski boots looked like a pair from the chalet on Mork and Mindy.

I thought they should follow a kid from birth (Say 1965) through school (1980) the workplace (1995) and retirement (2010) and see how thay change.

I would love any of the ideas mentioned, but we also love the ride as it is!

What DT said. The last room really needs to be updated.

[QUOTE=bribren;862351]Funny I was just there, (8/4) and thought the future room looked like 2002. It was supposed to be the start of the Millenium, but come now, those ski boots looked like a pair from the chalet on Mork and Mindy.

I thought they should follow a kid from birth (Say 1965) through school (1980) the workplace (1995) and retirement (2010) and see how thay change.[/QUOTE]

All the ideas are great, but I like briben’s idea, maybe even show a future room of that person’s great grandchild.

Make it a roller coaster that does loops:ph34r::laugh::laugh:

We really love this attraction also. I agree the last room could use some updating.

I think the last room definitely needs an update and if possible, definitely add a room for the 70s or 80s as mentioned above.

I love that attraction! :heart:

I love this attraction. The only thing I would change is to update the last room.

yes!!! this idea ROCKS!!:laugh::ph34r:

or totally refurb the entire thing by replacing it with a Wall-E attraction!!

[QUOTE=bribren;862351]Funny I was just there, (8/4) and thought the future room looked like 2002. It was supposed to be the start of the Millenium, but come now, those ski boots looked like a pair from the chalet on Mork and Mindy.

I thought they should follow a kid from birth (Say 1965) through school (1980) the workplace (1995) and retirement (2010) and see how thay change.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one of the things that bothers me about COP is how the kids age, but not in relation to the time period, but the dad never ages. And, the dad’s always sitting on his butt talking, yelling at his wife and kids to do stuff for him. I think that practice is a little outdated… :closedeye

Mainly, I’d update the last room. It’s kind of a retro future atm… which, is what Tomorrowland is supposed to look like. But the shirt the boy is wearing is very 80s… I think they could be a little more creative with the clothing, as well as decor. And we’ve already passed the graphics on the TV, as well as the gaming system if you think about it.

It needs a room inbetween the last and next to last. Maybe the late 80’s, early 90’s period, when people really started with home computers and cell phones. And then the last room needs to really be pushed into the future.

Yes! That would be perfect!

I like the idea of adding a future room. I also think that the leap from the 40’s to the 80’s is too abrupt. Another decade is called for as well as a real attempt to engage the future

clean the seats and floors!!!

I agree here. Something a little closer to home that we can look back on as already being the past. Then give the last room a real cutting edge look at tomorrow.

And as much as I don’t want to say it, ALL the original animatronics are looking a little dated. But then the “Day-Glo” paint in the dark rides is dated, and it still works for the attraction.

I was just thinking the same thing! The seats and flooring need to be torn out and replaced. And of course the future room.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;862580] And, the dad’s always sitting on his butt talking, yelling at his wife and kids to do stuff for him. I think that practice is a little outdated… :closedeye

[/QUOTE]

It isn’t outdated. It’s the Carousel of Progress. It’s how things should be! :ph34r:

I would leave it exactly as is BUT the current future room I would denote as the 90’s or 2000 room and just add a new future room.

Lisa