If you could...?

If you could take one space that a ride or attraction occupied and close it for a new ride or attraction, which one would it be?
Any ideas on what would be nice to take its place?

Mine - You could replace “Stitche’s Great Escape” with a “Tron” (coming out in Dec) attraction.

I’m soooo with you on the taking Stitches Great Escape out, but I don’t know what I’d put in it’s place. Tron would fit, but I don’t think it would go over with the younger kids.

Honestly, I think American Idol is sort of pointless. It’s too long of an attraction, and I just think I’ll never take the time out to do it. And I think HS could get a better attraction for it’s place.

I would take out the Pooh Garden Playspot and put in a better themed and funnier play/parent rest area! :laugh: HA!

I think it’s Tough To Be A Bug was cool, but now I think it’s updated. And they need to put a more exciting thing inside. I think they could even keep it a 4-D experience. Maybe spruce it up and make it one of those semi-educational yet still really fun discovery things for kids. It could be hosted by Timon and Pumba! Or something like that!

And not exactly the same thing, but I think they should bring more excitement to Tom Sawyer Island! I think it’s an adorable classic, but I think they need to add more charm and adventure to it! Make the kids wanna go. They should do like back in Disneyland what they did for TSI. They had “Date Nights” every Friday and Saturday, where they had a band play and string lights and people would take the rafts over and dance and enjoy themselves.

They could even make this like “family night” and have a really themed string band with washboards and spoons, etc play music and they could have activities for the kids. Just bring some life back to that attraction!

And personally, I’d keep Sci-fi (OFCOURSE) but I’d update there food choices!! I think Sci Fi should serve DRIVE IN food. Hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, malts, shakes, and some creative candy-themed desserts, like chocolate covered popcorn… haha.

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1035602]I’m soooo with you on the taking Stitches Great Escape out, but I don’t know what I’d put in it’s place. Tron would fit, but I don’t think it would go over with the younger kids.

Honestly, I think American Idol is sort of pointless. It’s too long of an attraction, and I just think I’ll never take the time out to do it. And I think HS could get a better attraction for it’s place.

I would take out the Pooh Garden Playspot and put in a better themed and funnier play/parent rest area! :laugh: HA!

I think it’s Tough To Be A Bug was cool, but now I think it’s updated. And they need to put a more exciting thing inside. I think they could even keep it a 4-D experience. Maybe spruce it up and make it one of those semi-educational yet still really fun discovery things for kids. It could be hosted by Timon and Pumba! Or something like that!

And not exactly the same thing, but I think they should bring more excitement to Tom Sawyer Island! I think it’s an adorable classic, but I think they need to add more charm and adventure to it! Make the kids wanna go. They should do like back in Disneyland what they did for TSI. They had “Date Nights” every Friday and Saturday, where they had a band play and string lights and people would take the rafts over and dance and enjoy themselves.

They could even make this like “family night” and have a really themed string band with washboards and spoons, etc play music and they could have activities for the kids. Just bring some life back to that attraction!

And personally, I’d keep Sci-fi (OFCOURSE) but I’d update there food choices!! I think Sci Fi should serve DRIVE IN food. Hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, malts, shakes, and some creative candy-themed desserts, like chocolate covered popcorn… haha.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree here. Sci-Fi is a drive in theme…it should serve food that was served at drive ins. Everyone loves a good hamburger and hotdog! (key word: good). I like the idea of chocolate covered popcorn…sounds delicious!

Having little dances and bands over on TSI sounds really cute to me. Could be like a little old fashioned back yard jamboree! :laugh: It would be really neat at night with string lights, etc.

It’s Tough to be a Bug is also really outdated for me now too. I’ve been skipping it recently as the enjoyment is simply kind of lost. It could either use some serious updating or replaced with something else. I wish I had a suggestion as to what but it’s such a good space for something and it’s kind of a shame that I feel the need to skip over it.

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1035617]I totally agree here. Sci-Fi is a drive in theme…it should serve food that was served at drive ins. Everyone loves a good hamburger and hotdog! (key word: good). I like the idea of chocolate covered popcorn…sounds delicious!

Having little dances and bands over on TSI sounds really cute to me. Could be like a little old fashioned back yard jamboree! :laugh: It would be really neat at night with string lights, etc.

It’s Tough to be a Bug is also really outdated for me now too. I’ve been skipping it recently as the enjoyment is simply kind of lost. It could either use some serious updating or replaced with something else. I wish I had a suggestion as to what but it’s such a good space for something and it’s kind of a shame that I feel the need to skip over it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I think they could make Sci-Fi even more fun and exciting and immersive through the food they serve! Maybe one day when I’m out of college and I go to work for Disney I’ll become a food and beverage manager and bring this idea to their attention. And thanks! I think the popcorn idea sounds fun and delicious too! :laugh:

Yeahhh! TSI has so much potential for things like that. I really think they could revive it if they just tried! (Man, I wish we could just have like a hotline we could call and give Imagineers our advice and ideas!! :laugh:) The string lights and backyard jamboree would be amazing!! :heart:

And I agree, we skip It’s Tough To Be A Bug everytime. No one, not one person in my family ever wants to go in that attraction. And because of that we never have a reason to go down by the TOL. And I think the Tree of Life is amazing and a great AK focal point and I think it’s tough to be a bug just isn’t relevant anymore. And it’s a waste of such an amazing space. I originally thought it would be neat for a restaurant but I’m starting to think that I don’t like that anymore. It needs to be an attraction, a crowd pleaser! :happy:

Yeah, I feel bad for AK because even though they have several large attractions (EE, PW, Dinosaur, Safari, etc.) I feel like they have so much space that they can really work with. I literally venture over to the TOL to get some pictures but that’s about it. Even then, I don’t get too many because I’ve got a ton from previous years. It could be a cool restaurant…simply because Y&Y is really the only place I eat at AK…it could really use more food but I also think that the spot is just too perfect for another attraction.

I was reading also that they’ve been having trouble with It’s Tough to be a Bug with Hopper not working correctly and whatnot. That also doesn’t help with it’s popularity. They either need to shut it down for a bit and fix it or really start thinking about something flashier that they can put in there. I would love to spend more time in the TOL but for now, I’m just going to have to keep skipping it. :laugh:

There definitely needs to be an Imagineer suggestion box, lol! I bet sometimes they just have brain lock and can’t think of things. It always helps to get little sparks of suggestions every now and then.

It’s not like stringing lights on TSI, putting a little portable dancefloor and hiring an old school string band to play could possibly cost too much. It’s just a little bit of something that adds some extra magic! I love it!

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1035624]Yeah, I feel bad for AK because even though they have several large attractions (EE, PW, Dinosaur, Safari, etc.) I feel like they have so much space that they can really work with. I literally venture over to the TOL to get some pictures but that’s about it. Even then, I don’t get too many because I’ve got a ton from previous years. It could be a cool restaurant…simply because Y&Y is really the only place I eat at AK…it could really use more food but I also think that the spot is just too perfect for another attraction.

I was reading also that they’ve been having trouble with It’s Tough to be a Bug with Hopper not working correctly and whatnot. That also doesn’t help with it’s popularity. They either need to shut it down for a bit and fix it or really start thinking about something flashier that they can put in there. I would love to spend more time in the TOL but for now, I’m just going to have to keep skipping it. :laugh:

There definitely needs to be an Imagineer suggestion box, lol! I bet sometimes they just have brain lock and can’t think of things. It always helps to get little sparks of suggestions every now and then.

It’s not like stringing lights on TSI, putting a little portable dancefloor and hiring an old school string band to play could possibly cost too much. It’s just a little bit of something that adds some extra magic! I love it![/QUOTE]

Even if they maybe made it sorta like the Swiss Family Treehouse, where you could climb up inside it and learn about conservation and the environment and stuff like that. But still be fun and interesting and adventurous!

Mhm! Man, I wish I was an Imagineer! lol.

Exactly, and it would be so fun! They could even use the musicians that perform in other places in the park! Or the Hoop Dee Do Revue!

We all have different thoughts. I would like to see an update to ITTBAB and kill Dinosaur. But I never thought of using the upper portions of TOL for an educational venue. I’m sure they could come up with something.
DW and I like AK and make it an all day visit on night EMH. It is really a beautiful park if you allow extra time to explore everything.

If you want to to ditch Stitch, I say revert it back to the original Alien Encounter.
I liked the concept of installing a roller coaster into Spaceship Earth and Innoventions East, but they just couldn’t remove the original ride because the ride is integral to the golf ball and can’t be removed, which is also why SE is basically still the same ride it was when it opened.
I’d love to see 20,000 Leagues return as well as the Skyride.
I’d upgrade Buzz Lightyear to the point that it is comparable to MIB at Universal.
I wouldn’t have built the American Idol soundstage and instead installed a Spiderman type ride.
China should have hosted Dueling Dragons, or as it is now known Dragon Challenge (Curse you Harry Potter World!) Maybe they could still build a dragon themed flying coaster (similar to Manta at Sea World)
I’d change out Dinosaur too, but I’m not sure what I’d put in.

Wasn’t AK supposed to have a mythical creatures section at one point? I think that would be pretty neat. Dinosaur could be some sort of dragonish thing (even though I like Dinosaur…though it was better when it was Countdown to Extinction…I think making my annoying cousin cry out of fear was the best part for me) haha!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1035677]We all have different thoughts. I would like to see an update to ITTBAB and kill Dinosaur. But I never thought of using the upper portions of TOL for an educational venue. I’m sure they could come up with something.
DW and I like AK and make it an all day visit on night EMH. It is really a beautiful park if you allow extra time to explore everything.[/QUOTE]

I agree AK is a beautiful park to just walk around and enjoy!

I lovelovelove Spaceship Earth! hahah.

Aw! I love Dinosaur it’s ability to make people of all ages cry! :laugh:

That’s where the Dueling Dragons roller coaster was originally designed to be.
Instead, Disney felt the coaster was too extreme for a Disney park (it is pretty intense) and they pulled the plug on the whole “Beastly Kingdom” section of AK.
That’s how a ride designed for Disney wound up in Islands of Adventure and has now been rethemed to be part of Harry Potter World 11 years after it was built.
There were even hidden Mickey’s in the queue!

Yeah it was great! I also like making funny faces in the pictures when the Carno is supposed to scare you! :laugh: Always helps to make a picture memorable!

Hmm, I still think the Beastly Kingdom would have been pretty neat to see. I’m not an extremist when it comes to thrill coasters, but it would have been cool to have some dragons and whatnot around AK. I think it would have helped with the animal diversity thing. But I guess that only works if you “believe” in mythical creatures!

I think what I would take out is Beauty and the Beast in HS. Even though that’s one of my fav movies that show just doesn’t fit right there with RnR and ToT right across from it, and with the new Princess land coming to MK that and the Little Mermaid show would seem to get double billing. What would I put there…not really sure. Maybe a GOOD restaurant, something like night-time Jazz (or other) concerts by candle light or even like the Greek Theater in Los Angelos hosting “real” bands/entertainment instead of the left-overs and want-a-be’s at EP. Not really a ride, but HS is all about Shows, right?

Maybe a African Dinner Theatre in AK like Spirit of Aloha or Hoop.

[QUOTE=CuriousAlice;1035718]Yeah it was great! I also like making funny faces in the pictures when the Carno is supposed to scare you! :laugh: Always helps to make a picture memorable!

Hmm, I still think the Beastly Kingdom would have been pretty neat to see. I’m not an extremist when it comes to thrill coasters, but it would have been cool to have some dragons and whatnot around AK. I think it would have helped with the animal diversity thing. But I guess that only works if you “believe” in mythical creatures![/QUOTE]

Haha, I make a funny face alright, kins like this :eek: but it’s out of terror… lol. :blush: That ride always scares me!

Awh, that just means your pictures are the real thing and not fabricated like mine! That probably makes them even more amusing to look back at yourself once you’re off the ride! :laugh:

Hahah yeah. And I love going on the ride with people who don’t like to pretend like they get scared. :laugh:

Dinsoaur still scares me at 20 years old and I’ve been on it 8 or 9 times!!

I would either replace Honey I Shrunk The Audience/Captain EO or Universe of Energy.
Honey I Shrunk the Audience is really boring and outdated in my opinion. I was glad they decided to change it, however I’m not a Michael Jackson fan, and when I think of him, I don’t think Disney.

As far as Universe of Energy, I always liked the ride, but it’s getting a little old to me. Maybe they could revamp it, if not replace it with something.

I would get rid of American Idol as I guess we’re one of the few families that have never watched it and don’t want to. I always thought they could make a great ride based on the TV Show “Lost” which is on ABC so owned by Disney.