IllumiNations Holiday version

Hello,

I usually go to WDW in December. Next year I am looking at Nov 13–21. It seems that the World will be decorated for the Holidays and MVMXP will be on selected dates.

Does anyone know if IllumiNations during that time will have the “holiday” version (the one where they play “Peace on Earth”)??? I know that they do in December when it is at 9:30 pm, but it looks like during that time, IllumiNations will be at 9pm so I’m thinking no but I’m sure they are experts out there that know the answer!

Thank you!!

Sorry, I don’t know, but if you don’t get an answer soon, try a PM to Soundgod. He is really knowledgable about the fireworks shows.

[QUOTE=Eponine;898400]Hello,

Does anyone know if IllumiNations during that time will have the “holiday” version (the one where they play “Peace on Earth”)??? I know that they do in December when it is at 9:30 pm, but it looks like during that time, IllumiNations will be at 9pm so I’m thinking no but I’m sure they are experts out there that know the answer!

Thank you!![/QUOTE]

Don’t fret. It’ll most definitely be playing. It’s still the original Illuminations show hence why they shoot it off at 9. The finale is what’s the difference between the shows. Only on the busiest nights will they be shooting off the fireworks at 9:30pm.

I’m no SG. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

And, I’ve been twice during Thanksgiving recently.

And, maybe most importantly, I’ve read and remembered many of SG’s posts on the subject!

So, unless things change, I’d bank on the following:

The holiday version of Illuminations starts when all the other Epcot Christmas celebrations do (CP, storytellers, tree lighting, blanket of lights, etc.) - the day after Thanksgiving - and lasts through Christmas (I’m guessing Dec. 31, but honestly never paid attention). During this period, it has been 9:30 every night, presumably to enable Epcot to get in 3 Candlelight Processionals prior to Holiday Illuminations.

Hi.
Sorry I’ve been absent, but I decided I didn’t need to use the internet while I was on vacation and didn’t feel like posting right away once I got home.
I just looked at the Epcot November calender and discovered they have no hours posted. In fact, on any given day, it says “Park Hours: Future World: Hours Unavailable. World Showcase: Hours Unavailable”.

Check this link:
Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .
tomorrow or Saturday and they should have the hours back up. I think the easiest way to tell if they have the holiday tag on Illuminations is if closing time is 9:30.
I’d also look for the schedule of Candlelight Processions and assume that once those start, they’ve shifted to Christmas mode and Peace On Earth will be the version of Illuminations you’ll see.
I’ll be keeping my eye on this too now that gas prices have dropped.

Hi, I’m back.
Here’s a clue. The Epcot Holidays Around the World page.
It looks like they go into Christmas mode on Nov 28.

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

So, I’d guess that when you’re there next month, you’ll see the standard version at 9 PM.
Oh, one other thing. The Video Globe has been refurbished and is back in service.
Yes, it does look better, but I’m sure it isn’t Hi Definition (not that that matters).

Thanks to everyone for this information. It really helps. I still love the original part of IllumiNations but was hoping if I did the earlier dates in Nov that I would be able to catch the Holiday version. Oh well, there’s always 2010!!!

Thanks again!

The November calender finally came up.
Bad news, it looks like the Peace on Earth version won’t start until after Thanksgiving on Nov. 28. At least that’s how I read it.
Now, there is always the chance that they start running POE sooner rather than later, but there’s nothing official I could point to.