I'm back

from Disney but the ride home was the suckiest ever:blush:
first our plane was delayed 2 hours due to some maintence problem, then we finally get going around 1100am and we tried landing in JFK 2x but the wind was so bad that the pilot didn’t want to chance it, i mean we were soooooo close to touching the ground but u can see how the plane was being blown from one side to the other, unbelievable really…so they diverted our plane to newburgh NY, thank god it was there, they wanted to divert us to BOSTON, but it was torture either way, the plane going up and down up and down, me and toni were throwing up…
then we get to newburgh, they load us on tour buses to come home and NO LUGGAGE, THEY LOST IT, thank god it was just the clothes some clean some not clean, but our phone charges to the kids ds chargers and pauls ZURG toy that he bought…i have all the girls toys except pauls and he is the most upset, he goes and tells JET BLUE, you lost my toy and i am mad!!
poor kid!!!
so now we are on the bus to JFK and they make us sit on the bus for an hour, finally we get moving at 6pm and we are SOOOOOO CLOSE TO HOME and the bus driver screws up and goes the wrong way, so phil had to go up to the driver and help him get back to the right way…i mean we were SOOOOOO CLOSE we were almost at college point…
finally get to JFK around 8pm and phil had to find our luggage, no good, so he filed a claim form…so we left with no luggage, we come home to no heat as well…the kids are tired and cranky and hungry, i hate that i have no luggage whether is clean clothes or not…i spent so much money on new clothes for this trip and new sneakers for all of us, and stupid me didn’t think to get insurance on our luggage…
all in all it was a good vacation, i think 7 days inmho is too long for them, they got overtired we did so much…by Friday the kids were burnt, it poured all day long to so that didn’t help their moods…phil and toni did go to a park in the rain FRIDAY, the others wanted to stay in the room, i think they just wanted to relax and play with their toys that they bought…

does anyone have any experience with lost luggage?

Wow that was crazy! Glad u made it safe n sound

Oh my, what an experience travelling home. Glad to hear everyone arrived safely. It must have felt amazing to finally be home!

Well, you are safe and at home, that’s what really counts.

Don’t worry about your luggage - it’ll show up, it always does, eventually.

[QUOTE=llama;1023161]Well, you are safe and at home, that’s what really counts.

Don’t worry about your luggage - it’ll show up, it always does, eventually.[/QUOTE]

Thats what DH keeps saying, we’re safe and home, and i am soooooo grateful for that because they did cancel all flights almost immediately after we took off…:blink:

I am happy to report that JET BLUE called us at midnight, they found our luggage and they will deliver it to my house by 12pm today, yahooooooooooo

I thought that is why they scan luggage now? So it can’t get lost? They should be able to type in the little # on your tags and know exactly where it is. I suppose all systems can fail.
Sorry to hear about your return! At least it was coming home and not trying to GET to your vacation :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1023226]I thought that is why they scan luggage now? So it can’t get lost? They should be able to type in the little # on your tags and know exactly where it is. I suppose all systems can fail.
Sorry to hear about your return! At least it was coming home and not trying to GET to your vacation :)[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what i thought to, it should act as a little gps tracking system, kwim? lol
i got the luggage back at 830 this morning so now its off to do 100 pounds of laundry, lol

hope ya had a good time!!!