I'm backkkkkkk

wow, what a trip, let me tell ya this as much as I love love love Disney, I don’t think I can do August again till the kids are a little older, and they won’t whine so much.
The whining and crying and DH wasn’t making it any easier either, and trust me we took tons of breaks!!!
I did feel bad for DH, he had to push the double stroller then another kid on his shoulders, they were just so tired and that was just from the bus to the main gate, lol:ohmy:

We did have fun though, don’t get me wrong.
But I can just tell by the look on DH’s face, he is done with Disney which sorta upsets me.:blush:

He is ready for a real vacation so he puts it…

We drove down and drove straight through, we had ressies for a hotel near sea world so i called them to see if they had avail. for friday night and they did which was good.

Sea world wasn’t all I thought it would be :blush: it was dead which was good but we did it in 1 day, but since i bought a package deal we got the 2nd day for free and free all day dining for 1 day and the hotel so we did pretty good, i think we did it in 1 day because it was so dead and we went through the exhibits so fast :blush:…my boys were bored with sea world but the girls liked it. Hey at least I can say I took them :redface:

I am trying to convince DH to go back to Disney if not 2012 then no later then 2013, he said he’ll see :blush: i can’t talk Disney to him for a while now, he needs to recharge :blush:

oh well, wish me luck for a next trip :heart::wub:

Would I be pushy to ask for more details? How about if I say please?

I do understand your DH though. Nothing zaps us faster than the heat. I’d rather have to wear 7 layers of clothes in dec, than melt in aug.

Looking forward to your TR!

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1089377]Would I be pushy to ask for more details? How about if I say please?

I do understand your DH though. Nothing zaps us faster than the heat. I’d rather have to wear 7 layers of clothes in dec, than melt in aug.[/QUOTE]

lol no not pushy at all.
It was a longggggggggg drive, lol but the kids did really well on the way down.
we got to MK on monday did CP for dinner, we did have to get a GAC pass for my ds, so we used it with caution, don’t like to abuse it kwim?
My first time going on Splash Mount. and TOT, loveddddddddd them both, after going 4 years in a row i never got to try them, i was a little chicken the first few times then the other times i had to sit and watch two kids that couldn’t ride it…

I am not good with trip reports, lol my trips are pretty much the same, parks, rides dining, lol lol
is there anything specific you would like to ask ? :wub::wub:

i’m a boring person for TR’s…:blush:
once i get totally settled i will try and write one out, had to throw all my food out as soon as we got home today and scrub down my fridge to the core because of the power outage :pinch:

August is tough with the heat. With kids, though, it’s hard to go any other time unless you’re willing to take them out of school for a few days, at least.

Hot and sweaty. I know… :slight_smile:
At least a few pics?

Don’t tell DH but going to Disney in August is kinda like childbirth …you forget the pain after a while and are dumb enough to try again.

He’ll forget.

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1089381]i’m a boring person for TR’s…:blush:
once i get totally settled i will try and write one out, had to throw all my food out as soon as we got home today and scrub down my fridge to the core because of the power outage :pinch:[/QUOTE]

I also have a tough time writing TR. I don’t know how people can do all the details they throw in…at 10:15 it was 87 degrees, the wait at SP was 37 mins, 248 people were wearing blue shorts… I’m more like we came, we rode, we went home. LOL

But how about high and low points? Best and worst meal, best character interaction, kids really enjoyed the ???, Dh really hated the heat (see I did one for you :happy:).

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1089408]going to Disney in August is kinda like childbirth …you forget the pain after a while and are dumb enough to try again.
[/QUOTE]

That is so hilarious and so true!!

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1089451]I also have a tough time writing TR. I don’t know how people can do all the details they throw in…at 10:15 it was 87 degrees, the wait at SP was 37 mins, 248 people were wearing blue shorts… I’m more like we came, we rode, we went home. LOL

But how about high and low points? Best and worst meal, best character interaction, kids really enjoyed the ???, Dh really hated the heat (see I did one for you :happy:).[/QUOTE]

lmao, love it!!
high points, def. seeing the chars. my joey (the birthday boy) was actually tall enough to do splash mountain so we all finally rode it together as a family, it was his favorite ride, he kept calling it the Rabbit ride…and the entire trip he wanted to do Peter Pan to, so we had to do that like 10x…

We loved the GG rest. it was a first for us and DH didn’t know it rotated so when they sat us, he said, OMG i don’t want to sit facing all these people coming in, but the waiter told him it rotated, god for bid DH listen to me, lol:whistling

We all had good experiences with all the char. meals, ohana’s/chef mickey, well except for pluto he got annoyed that DS (4) wouldn’t stop touching his nose so he walked away from us…that didn’t go over too well :angry:, we thought he was kidding but he seriously went to two tables after us till DH told a CM and she said don’t worry, and brought him back over, I don’t think Pluto was too thrilled :angry:

Low points: Well the meltdowns the most, but i know that is to be expected, rushing through the park and missing Spectromagic, DS (4) freaking out during Fantasmic that DH had to leave with him before the show even started so i sat there with the other 3 which loved it…DS again freaking out because things were too loud for him he didn’t want to see any shows in HS…other DS (7) who has adhd was also having meltdowns because he didn’t want to sit through another show…:ohmy:

But I think the biggest factor was the heat and humidity, everyone warned us, but we were going for DS’s 4th bday so I was planning it to go as close to his bday as possible being his bday is this Wednesday, I didn’t want to take them out of school the 1st week.

Its all good, I know they still had fun and so did I :wub:

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1089408]Hot and sweaty. I know… :slight_smile:
At least a few pics?

Don’t tell DH but going to Disney in August is kinda like childbirth …you forget the pain after a while and are dumb enough to try again.

He’ll forget.[/QUOTE]

:whistling lol i hope he will forget, lol
when i upload my pics i will def. share!!!:biggrin:

lesson learned :flowers:
we usually do take them out of school, i usually plan their trips as close to their bdays as possible and my youngest’ sons bday is the 7th of sept.
i was too worried about them missing the first days of school that is why i planned it the week before, now that i am thinking about it, they would have only missed 4 days of practically NOTHING
so i am kicking myself for that move :ohmy:

It sounds like you had a fun trip despite the heat, the meltdowns, etc. I have been down in early July, as well as late August, and the heat is intense. The irritability levels definitely skyrocket!:wink: I have no intention of returning during those times again, though those trips were still fun. After some time passes, I’m sure your husband will be willing to return, especially if the rest of your family is anxious to go back(and when the Fantasyland expansion is complete, they will be).

Thank you, i feel better now that I am not alone about the thought of the heat :smile:
I was almost embarrassed:blush: to post anything because I didn’t think what I had to say was going to sound like a great Disney experience.

I know I will def. be going back when they re open Fantasyland with or with out DH, lol

here are just a few pics, enjoy

Nice to see you back! What an adorable little bunch of kidlets you have!

Sorry that the heat was so brutal! Nothing can sap you more!

[QUOTE=llama;1089514]Nice to see you back! What an adorable little bunch of kidlets you have!

Sorry that the heat was so brutal! Nothing can sap you more![/QUOTE]

Thank you very much!!!

After a few weeks have gone by, maybe you should suggest going around Thanksgiving next time. It’s so magical and much cooler. Can be warm enough to swim, but not so hot as to melt the bottom of your shoes. :smile: Only time we go now.

Welcome back! Love the pics, especially the one with the whole family:)

i def.will suggest it, i was thinking oct or november to:mickey: thank you!!