I'm booked!

Well I have finally made up my mind and booked my trip for next summer. We are going from 8/22 - 8/31 and staying at POFQ with the counter service plan. I have first floor room in either buildings 3 or 4 noted on my reservation. I don’t care which buidling we get, but these are the ones DD picked out. Honestly, I don’t care what building in the whole place we get…the place is small enough. I have decided to book 4 tables. 2 favorties - crystal palace for breakfast and ohanna for our first night dinner. Then we are each getting a pick and she picked 1900 park fare for dinner (I hope I make it through that one the last experience was not good) and I picked Boma over Momma’s as we have been to Momma’s plenty of times and the ribs at Boma ROCK! I have decided that if the free DDP comes out for my time frame (probally will cause I booked it to fall during their normal time frame) I’ll just add the CS plan for free rather than the actualy DDP. My reasons are simple…I don’t want my trip scheduled to death. Last trip was way better simply cause we could eat when and where we felt like it. I saw on disney.com that this was an option with the free DDP, so hope they do that next year too. We were looking really hard at AKL, but decided to take the extra funds and do a trip to Sea World and Disney Quest instead of having the better room.

So, I’m booked! I can make my Dining plans on Wednesday, February 24th. I intend to be 100% paid in full (airfare too) by then, so this thing is a GO!

I am so excited!!

That’s great Dana.

Yaya!!! Life is better when you have a Disney World countdown!

Amen to that. I have been thinking this thing to death. I would have loved to have stayed at AKL one more time, but maybe I’ll just save that for my 40th Bday which will probally be the next time I get there after this next one.

Yay!! Those plans sound really good.

Great plans, Dana!!! 10 days…you are going to have a blast! Cant wait to hear all about your plans as they unfold. :happy:

Thanks all!!! I think I honestly have all the plans in my head. Like I said, I have been thinking this thing to death…:laugh:

That is fantastic news. I am looking at the counterservice plan myself as a carefree plan. There are so many really good counter service restaurants, at Epcot anyway, I think this might just be a great way to go - at least once, right?

I was skeptical in February, but was pleasantly surprised. There are tons of options in every park and it’s not just burgers and fries. The best experiecne we had was at Wolf Gang puck express. Table service quality…you just carry it yourself…big deal right? I loved the freedom of it too. I get to stressed out and end up canceling and rescheduling a bunch of tables if I have to many. I just don’t want to have to be a certain place at a certain time…it stressing me out and makes me unpleasant to deal with. DD was MUCH happier with me this time around.

Oh yes, I forgot DTD and you’re right, every park has some great CS options.
Our last trip was all about the shnazzy 2 credit restaurants but that doesn’t always have to be that way, I think this new plan is a fantastic solution to the booked up restaurants.
I am thrilled that you are going next summer :happy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;989662]Oh yes, I forgot DTD and you’re right, every park has some great CS options.
Our last trip was all about the shnazzy 2 credit restaurants but that doesn’t always have to be that way, I think this new plan is a fantastic solution to the booked up restaurants.
I am thrilled that you are going next summer :happy:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Me and DD are over the tables. We are satisfied with just booking the two traditional meals and 2 whatever ones…plenty for a 9 night stay if you ask me.

Yes, there are tons of options…tusker house and Flame tree BBQ in AK are on my hit list this time.

Good for you Dana. I’m happy for you. We’ll be using the counter service plan next month. We feel the same way as you do about table service, so the cs is perfect for us. BTW, glad to see you posting more often. :happy:

Sounds like it is going to be a great time!!!

Hooray!! It sounds like you have everything in place;)

YAY!!! Awesome news!! :happy:

“Houston, we have ignition”

[QUOTE=Dana;989666]I agree. Me and DD are over the tables. We are satisfied with just booking the two traditional meals and 2 whatever ones…plenty for a 9 night stay if you ask me.

Yes, there are tons of options…tusker house and Flame tree BBQ in AK are on my hit list this time.[/QUOTE]

You should really consider the Picnic in the Park at AK if it is still around next summer…

:laugh: You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Packed yet? :laugh:

Congrats on booking the trip!!!

I totally understand what you are saying about being stuck on a schedule with the dining plan and not always being free to do exactly what you want because of a ressie you planned months in advance. We are seriously looking at the counter service plan for are March trip because of this reason.