I'm crazy.... already planning!

Mr. Smith has announced that he wants to take the band to WDW, again, next year! We’re all really excited… I think a lot of people are going to go (hopefully… we have to meet a minimum amount of 75).

Now, as soon as I heard, I started planning our ADRs. :laugh:

We had pretty good ADRs, last time, but I booked them at the last minute, and one of them (the best… San Angel Inn) I accidentally booked at the same time as Illuminations, so we couldn’t go. I was nervous to book because I didn’t know what days we’d be in which park, so I waited until the night before our departure. But this time, I’m booking 90 days in advance, and if things change, I’ll tweak! :happy:

So, I saw a reccommendation for TripIt and decided to try it out. TripIt | Online travel itinerary and trip planner I hope the link works. I’m not exactly sure how I can share my trip.

If not, I’ve decided on these ADRs
Day 1 (AK/Epcot) - dinner at Akershus
Day 2 (MK) - dinner at Crystal Palace
Day 3 (DHS) - lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Dr. Merck (our tag-along principal :rolleyes:), has suggested driving there during the day (ohh, that night on the bus was terrible… I know now to bring a blanket!) and spending the night at the resort, then heading into the parks. I suppose that leaves us with the same days for parks, which will likely stay the same.

I had considered adding a lunch ADR at Yak n Yeti because it’s my sister’s favorite, but we don’t have a lot of time at AK (though last time, we got everything we wanted to done), and that would make it more expensive… on our last trip, I ended up eating kiddie meals at lunch and saving my meal money for dinner. I actually think I spent within my daily meal money.

I really want to be able to eat with Mickey, but I need to keep the character meals within the parks, and we won’t have time (or money) for Donald’s Safari Breakfast. It’s a shame they took character dining out of LTT.

Ooh fun! It’s awesome that you get to start planning again!

I think you’ve made really good choices. And like you said, if anything changes you can always tweak it. It bet it will feel good to have them made 90 days out this time and know you got exactly what you wanted! :happy:

Um, have you ever been to Akershaus? We went there and it was just okay. I’m not sure about you because you seem wise beyond your years, but the stuff on the menu there is a little “too weird” for the normal teenage palate. It was even a little too weird for me and I’m 27. The princesses were amazing though…they totally made up for a cranky hostess and less than okay food.

No, I have not. I have looked at the menu, and I noted that it appeared a little odd. I mainly booked it for the princesses - my sister insists on dining with them (the one princess meal we’ve had was at Ariel’s Grotto at California Adventure). However, we will (probably) have at least one boy (though I’m sure he’ll eat it up) and a tomboy (hates pink… :pinch:) with us. I might oughta change it to San Angel Inn (my sister is also dying to eat there, and Mexican food is pretty “teenager”). However, Akersus appears more affordable next to San Angel Inn, and I’d really like to have a meal with face characters (we’re a lively bunch and like interacting with characters, CMs, etc).

I might oughta consult the group on this one. :laugh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;929318]No, I have not. I have looked at the menu, and I noted that it appeared a little odd. I mainly booked it for the princesses - my sister insists on dining with them (the one princess meal we’ve had was at Ariel’s Grotto at California Adventure). However, we will (probably) have at least one boy (though I’m sure he’ll eat it up) and a tomboy (hates pink… :pinch:) with us. I might oughta change it to San Angel Inn (my sister is also dying to eat there, and Mexican food is pretty “teenager”). However, Akersus appears more affordable next to San Angel Inn, and I’d really like to have a meal with face characters (we’re a lively bunch and like interacting with characters, CMs, etc).

I might oughta consult the group on this one. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to warn you just in case. They do have a kids meal though that looks pretty good!:laugh: When we were there they said if we were on the DDP we could order off of that. Also, the “cold buffet” was…well…interesting.

:laugh: I’m sure they would have loved it if you DID order off the kids’ menu! :blink: How convenient for their pocketbooks…lol.

You’re a busy busy girl. Didn’t you recently go on a cruise?

Yup! And now I can’t wait until spring break… :laugh: Victoria needs vacation!!!

hmm… we won’t be on DDP. But if we pay the adult buffet price, do you think they’ll let us order off whichever menu? I’m all for trying new things, but there are some picky eaters in our group… (which also happen to be the ones dying to dine with the princesses :laugh:)

I have to say honestly I don’t know. It would be kind of silly to pay 23.99 for a childs serving of ravioli.
Also, you have to leave a credit card number when you make your ADR. I forgot about that.

But you did get your professional picture with the main princess for free which is really cool!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;929376]I have to say honestly I don’t know. It would be kind of silly to pay 23.99 for a childs serving of ravioli.
Also, you have to leave a credit card number when you make your ADR. I forgot about that.

But you did get your professional picture with the main princess for free which is really cool![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would be, but I thought it was a buffet? Ultimate guide says that you can order more than one hot entree, but only one at a time. Maybe three plates of childs’ ravioli? :laugh:

Now question… if you book on a credit card, do you have to pay on that credit card? Can you pay in cash, or do they automatically charge the credit card? (this is a mixed group, and I’d hate to end up with the bill…) Can you book on a debit card? :laugh: I’ve always wondered this…

Victoria, planning is half the fun- enjoy it and your ADR’s too!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;929415]Yeah, it would be, but I thought it was a buffet? Ultimate guide says that you can order more than one hot entree, but only one at a time. Maybe three plates of childs’ ravioli? :laugh:

Now question… if you book on a credit card, do you have to pay on that credit card? Can you pay in cash, or do they automatically charge the credit card? (this is a mixed group, and I’d hate to end up with the bill…) Can you book on a debit card? :laugh: I’ve always wondered this…[/QUOTE]

Eh, that’s not exactly correct. Or server told us we could only order one entree from the ones selected. They are large entrees just like everywhere else so I think it would be hard to eat more than one. I am not sure about the kids but I assume it’s the same. The buffet is the cold board which serves as like your “appetizer” and then you get a dessert plate for the entire table which has three delicious desserts! They were amazing!! I forgot about those until just now. Anyway, we were only two so we got one plate so larger parties probably get more than one plate.

And no, you don’t have to pay with the CC you book with. It just holds the reservation. But if one member of your party backs out they will charge you for it on that card. (And yah, you can book on a debit card…it’s the same as a CC basically. As long as it has Visa or MasterCard on the front.)

I have to agree here…Princess interaction was great but food…uumm, not so. It had definately some, well, lets just say…different… entrees on the menu. Mine was good, i stuck with what I knew…it said pork…I like pork. As for what everyone else had, I dont think i would have eaten it. Even so, everyone was picking off my pork!

I asked the same question a few months ago and decided to go with the breakfast.My kids are picky eaters and since my son is 12 he will have to pay the adult price ,I’m sure.So at least I know he will eat bacon and pancakes at breakfast.I looked at the menu for the dinner and it had thingson it like"salmon infused with cabbage".I think **** would freeze over before I could get him to eat that!And don’t get me started on my 3 year old,her food always looks like a bird nibbled on it when she’s done.I guess I’ll be wasting alot of money on foodthis trip.LOL!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;929518]
And no, you don’t have to pay with the CC you book with. It just holds the reservation. But if one member of your party backs out they will charge you for it on that card. (And yah, you can book on a debit card…it’s the same as a CC basically. As long as it has Visa or MasterCard on the front.)[/QUOTE]

So… does that mean if I book for 8 people, but we actually show up with 7 that I’ll be charged for the person that doesn’t show???

Yeah, the breakfast menu looks much safer, but we won’t get to Epcot until mid-afternoon.

I’m not a big pork fan… anything else “safe” on the menu?

Also wondering… it appears like there is a set price. But if this isn’t a buffet, then how can they set the price?

There look to be at least three items on the menu that I would be willing to order. I’d probably go with the salmon because I like salmon. :laugh: But the mustard glaze sounds weird. Then there’s pasta. And chicken… can’t go wrong with chicken. And the garlic mashed potatoes that come with the Traditional Kjottkake sound good… but idk what the heck that is! :laugh:

I could always switch to the Garden Grill because I’d like Mickey character dining. But I’ve eaten there so many times before (know I love it, though)… it would still be new to everyone else (other than sissy).

Still considering San Angel Inn. Reall wish we could’ve eaten there, last year. Why did I have to make ADRs during Illuminations? :pinch:

Then Teppan Edo would probably be a good option for our group. Is it like your typical Japanese dining with the chefs cooking in front of you? We’ve got that here in Anderson, and we go there a lot, so it wouldn’t be such a big deal, but we do like Japanese food.