I'm Talking and I Can't Shut Up

A friend of mine made the big mistake of posting this FB status:

“To my frequent Disney friends-where do you stay? On site or off? Any recommendations for a hotel/resort/package? (we’re Disney newbies!)”

…Yeah, I made a total fool of myself spilling out lots and lots and lots of info. :blush::laugh:

I’m sure you didn’t make a fool of yourself. You probably were very helpful and gave her a lot of good information, just like you do for the rest of us. She is very lucky that you responded to her request.

It’s like, “Oooh! My favorite subject! I will now proceed to talk until you can’t stand the word ‘Disney’!” :laugh:

I responded to a FB post about a WDW trip a few weeks ago. The person’s sister promptly responded that SHE was a Disney expert, and MY advice wasn’t needed.

Just think, when the trip is a flop (as always, because they didn’t listen to the advice), it will be her fault, not yours!

Other people started giving her advice, too… but I think the sheer volume of my responses scared them. :blush: :laugh:

How in heaven’s name are they going to know where the best bathrooms are? :eek:

I just don’t get people sometimes.

I have to really work to keep from going right over the edge when giving advise, :laugh:

-Harry

[QUOTE=Andrea;1107376]A friend of mine made the big mistake of posting this FB status:

“To my frequent Disney friends-where do you stay? On site or off? Any recommendations for a hotel/resort/package? (we’re Disney newbies!)”

…Yeah, I made a total fool of myself spilling out lots and lots and lots of info. :blush::laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:we would not expect anything to the contrary from a mousebuzzer :closedeye

Disney Newbies? Oh that’s fun!!!

Yes… I had to tell her that it wasn’t “Disney” and “Epcot”… that it was all Disney, and there were four parks! She’s awesome… but totally new to these things.

(I also strongly suggested a travel agent… they’re deciding tonight about on/off property…)

#1 advice for any newbie: Buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW. I don’t know how many people I tell that too, and they never do it. :glare:

I am the SAME WAY!! I once challenged myself to go a week without saying the word “Disney” to anyone, and I think I failed on like day 4. It’s hard to keep it out of conversation! :blush:

Hee! I’m actually good at not talking about it… until someone else brings up the subject! Then I’m out of control. :laugh:

Cavey I didn’t know you knew my cousin. That’s the same thing she told me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wow, that was really rude of her.

Wow, what a friendly and Disney like response:blink: Threatened much? :laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1107376]A friend of mine made the big mistake of posting this FB status:

…Yeah, I made a total fool of myself spilling out lots and lots and lots of info. :blush::laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh: You are not alone in this. I’m guilty of the same thing, only I’ve done it with clients sitting across the desk from me. I threw up all my Disney excitement/knowledge without, I think, taking a breath. By the time I was done, and breathless, they were looking at me like :blink::huh:. I had to learn not to over share so as not to overwhelm clients:laugh::laugh:

I am also guilty of answering someone’s ONE simple question (“What is a good resort to choose?” for example) with WAY more information than they ever wanted. LOL It is a disease.

It’s one we all suffer from!

So it was Friday evening when my friend asked the question. They were supposed to have their Disney summit that night.

It is taking SUPREME self-control not to pester her: “Did you decide? Are you going to stay on property? Which resort did you choose? Let me now bombard you with information about the pros and cons of dining plan and the virtues of rope drop! Do you know about Fastpass?” :laugh: I can keep my mouth closed and give every impression of being a normal person capable of functioning in a Disney-free way when I have to… but it’s SO HARD after someone has opened the Disney door! :laugh:

I’m guilty too of Disney info overload to anyone who asks. In fact, I know I learn most of my information from MB, not only about Disney but America too.