I'm Tweakin! I'm Tweakin!

After a particularly stressful week, I am sitting here on my couch, reading Mousebuzz.com and jonesing for a magical Disney trip. I am jealous of all you going really soon. I am already shopping for next years trip myself.

Will it be Poly once again (my favorite place) or finally will this be the year we try the moderates? We have done the value, we have done the deluxe, it just may be time. What is everyone’s FAVORITE moderate?

I know how you feel, we need to pay our credit cards down before I plan another trip…maybe summer 2012. We just moved, bought a house, and my husband started a new job. That will give him time to save up some vacation. We’ve been 3 times and I always look for reasonable priced hotels that sleep 5, will probably never stay in a Moderate. This last trip, we stayed a mile from disney in a room with a King and 4 bunkbeds. Can’t do the double-bed thing, has to at least be 2 Queens and a sleeper-sofa. Sunspree Holiday Inn has Kids suites partitioned off.

POFQ… It is small and intimate, rooms are close to everything… Very relaxing and quaint. With the magic of Disney… It is truly fun!

POFQ is my favorite for the mods. It’s a lot quieter than the other resorts I’ve stayed at, and love the intimate feel to it.

POFQ is my choice
The boat to DTD and the grounds and size of the resort make it my
favorite.

Then allow me to tweak back.
Last night I booked our room at the Pop and bought tickets for Mickey’s Christmas Party on 11/30. I’m not sure if I’m going to make any dining reservations or if we’ll just go CS this time.

We’ve been pretty happy with CSR as our moderate of choice, mostly because of the new queen beds.

Pofq is my favorite. It’s so quaint and I love the theme. I’ve never tried CSR but ever since the refurb I’ve been wanting to.

Soundgod, we did Pop for a night this summer and I was impressed. It was a really nice place. But, it took us FOREVER to get to the MK. I really liked it though, and my wife the photographer, took at least 300 photos of the grounds.

I will have to check out POFQ. I really am dying to go back this coming year. We have done the same week for I guess 5 years now? Absolutely every single time I come home and go “I will not go that week again”. What happens? I START FREAKIN TWEAKIN!!! Thanks for the input guys, I will read everything I can on POFQ.

I’ll tell you CJ, by the time we headed for home on the 27th I was in so much pain from my feet (I blew them out during Halloween Horror Night on the 20th) and honestly they still hurt. I wanted to stay, but it was useless. I asked the wife what she wanted to do, hoping she wanted to stay through the afternoon and she just wanted to go home. I could have cried, especially because the plan was to make it to Sea World at opening so I could get some coaster time in and then go back and graze around the food and wine fest before heading for home.
In short, the mind was willing but my feet couldn’t cash the check.
I did know that we were heading back Nov 29 and 30, but there’s all the Christmas stuff to try and take in. Plus, with the shuttle not launching and being postponed until 4 AM on the 30th, I’m hoping that it launches on time so I can catch it and not have to make a 6 hour round trip to Titusville.

The only moderate resort i’ve tried was CS very awhile ago. I didn’t like it for alot of reasons. I would love to POFQ one day:smile:

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1056554]After a particularly stressful week, I am sitting here on my couch, reading Mousebuzz.com and jonesing for a magical Disney trip. I am jealous of all you going really soon. I am already shopping for next years trip myself.

Will it be Poly once again (my favorite place) or finally will this be the year we try the moderates? We have done the value, we have done the deluxe, it just may be time. What is everyone’s FAVORITE moderate?[/QUOTE]

Our favorite moderate was always Port Orleans Riverside, of course not anymore after our last trip this past October. I really love this resort, but the rooms were horribly run down and need updating. They are doing a major renovation starting with French Quarter (which has started already) and will continue to Riverside. I heard that they should be done by 2012 sometime. We are returning October 2012 but are trying the Polynesian. We will give Port Orleans a try again I am sure, it’s going to be difficult to go back, but we will keep our eyes on their renovation.

Our favorite moderate is Caribbean Beach…Love the theme and the main pool. The perfect location for us is the Martinique section building 26; it’s close to a bus stop, Old Port Royale and the main pool…You can’t go wrong. Have fun planning.