In 2014, Easter is April 20, when will it calm down after?

I’m planning an iffy, maybe family trip in spring of 2014. I was thinking of late March thinking it wasn’t too close to Easter, but forgot about college spring breaks. What do you think crowds would be like a few days after Easter? I’ve never taken a trip in this time frame before.

The week before and after Easter will be insane. That is when the grammar and high school typically have their Spring breaks. I would go two weeks AFTER Easter to be safe.

I agree with Dana. We went the week leading up to Easter and it was very crowded (MK started limiting people from entering one day.) Another trip, when Easter was in the first week of April, we went April 20th and crowds were great and one of the best weather trips I’ve had. Mid 80’s, low humidity and no rain.

The only real problem in early-mid May is the spring love bug flight.

Actually also with May that no one ever talks about is the extreme amount of school field trips. Behaviour wise, kids were great. Each group we encountered, they were all bonding, laughing and having a great time, but it does affect the lines when 30 to 50 kids go on the ride at once, or decide to eat a counter service all at once.

The field trips are usually toward the end of the month and you’ll find similar crowds and groups at virtually every major amusement park in America the week before and after Memorial Day as school years are coming to an end.

Our spring break is always the week after Easter so in 2011, it was the 4th week of April. I heard crowds were very low so I also thought about 2014 since it is the 3rd week of April, but after reading everyone’s comments here, I just don’t know either. I guess we have to stick to summer, preferably June.

Any thoughts on the first week of April in 2014? That would be about two weeks before Easter.

Our break here in Michigan is always the first week of April, I think that’s pretty standardized across the state now.

We went this past April during Easter and it really wasn’t that bad.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1124992]Our break here in Michigan is always the first week of April, I think that’s pretty standardized across the state now.

We went this past April during Easter and it really wasn’t that bad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, if I had my choice I’d go in the fall, but with needing to use almost 500 points, I’d worry to much about planning a trip 3 months past my banking deadline. I could buy DVC insurance but if you need to cancel, you only get paid the dues cost per point. So you don’t lose money per say, but I’d much rather have the points to use than the money.

the week before and after easter are very busy irregardless of when easter falls…