Info needed please!

Hi, my sister and I are trying to plan a trip to Disney World and we would like to know when is the best time of year to go (crowd wise). We want to explore nostly everything, which we realize is impossible, but it can be easier with less people. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Any kids going? Is it just the 2 of you? How long do you want to stay? What do you want to see? I would suggest early February, or just after Thanksgiving (christmas Decorations)… avoid the holidays, and any holidays like Presidents Day, Columbus Day as schools are out on those weeks…

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Try this link from WDW

We love going in earily April BEFORE spring break. The weather is great and the crowds are good too.
Another good crowd control option is Magical Hours. But only if you stay in the park. It’s one of my favorite part of the in park perks!!!

Third week of January, first week of may, week after Thanksgiving, first week of October or any week in September.

I would have to say the week after Labor Day. I was down this year with my daughter and the crowds were very light. Most of the rides were walk ons and at some the fast past machines weren’t even open. The downside, IMO, was the weather. It was hot and HUMID. It was way more humid than I remembered. It wasn’t all bad though because it gave us an extra reason to search out the water rides. We did Kali 9 times in a row LOL

Week before Christmas!!!

At this point, it would just be my sis and I. A couple of others would go, and possibly a pre-teen. We would want to stay at least a week, maybe a week and a half. We want to see it all!!! We are Disney freaks and have never been to Disney World.

Thanks everyone, your advise is very much appreciated. Anyone else is welcome to put further perspective. :slight_smile:

I have been to the World in July, October (pre Halloween Party days), December and January. By far December is my most favorite time. I get great weather, low crowds and also the added bonus of all the holiday decorations and special events.

In fact Dec 4-12 will be my 4th December visit and I am now starting to plan Dec 2010 trip with my nieces and nephews, that is how much I love it. You really can’t miss MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional and the hotels decked out in themed holiday decorations. I tell everyone that one must visit the World at least once during the first 2 weeks in December.

Sept / Oct and the week after New Year we have found to be some of the best times to go! We’ve never have any crowd problems during those times and have found we have been on the recieving end of some nice little room upgrades too :slight_smile:

I love the first full week in December!! You miss the Thanksgiving crowds and hit it before the Christmas holiday. Everything is decorated, the temps are usually very pleasant (nice days, cool nights), and the crowds are fairly then. Last year the longest wait we had was about 20 minutes at Mt. Everest compared to hour plus during the warmer months.

p.s. if you do go and can splurge on the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party it’s so worth it for the extra hours in the park.

Have a blast whatever time you go!!

Temperature wise, December and March before Spring Break are great times ago. They also tend to be kinder on your disposable income as well. If you are AAA members check to see if they offer any discounts for rooms and/or tickets

Good luck planning your magical vacation :slight_smile: