Inner resort shuttle

just was wondering out loud about an idea for some of disney’ lareger resorts like CBR,POR,SSR,CSR etc…wouldn’t it be great if they had an inner resort shuttle…yes i know the buses stop at all the spots around the resort but if you were staying at one of the last couple of resorts then you would miss some areas you might want to visit but it would save time and allow you lets say an oppurtunity to do more…lets say you were staying at SSR…and you were one of the last 2 stops before the bus headed out to the parks,and you wanted to run up to the food court etc…this system would save a lot of time…yes I know about the expense but standing around doesn’t make disney any more money and we would have less down time…

We stay at any of the resorts we usually walk around the grounds to get to the food court, pool, laundry…
The only one we drove to the food court for (we had a our own car, we drove from MA that year) was OKW we were just way too far from the main building to walk. It was a good 20 min walk.

Cbr does have an inner resort shuttle…

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1020513]We stay at any of the resorts we usually walk around the grounds to get to the food court, pool, laundry…
The only one we drove to the food court for (we had a our own car, we drove from MA that year) was OKW we were just way too far from the main building to walk. It was a good 20 min walk.[/QUOTE]

20 mins? I have always wanted to stay at OKW, no I wonder.

Usually Disney Transport has already adjusted for this, usually by simply running one of the resort’s bus routes in reverse (i.e. counter clockwise instead of clockwise), but sometimes by staggering the starting point for one route (as they do at CSR).
There are no real solutions, short of doing every bus route as point to point, and certainly not without connecting all the resorts to one another directly and not without serving DTD from the parks (I know why they don’t do it, I’m just saying that in a perfect world it would be better to have these connections.)

Adding that now to resorts, rather than paying more housekeepers to do a better job? I don’t know.
I don’t mind walking, I never have.

All of the mods and the two stand alone DVC resorts cover huge areas of land.
They each have about 2000 rooms in multiple low rise buildings and walking from one end of the resort to the other takes a long time.
That’s why each of them have their own buses, but those buses all have to make 4 or 5 stops before heading to the final destination.

walking is never an issue but time constraints ,despite the fact that we go for 12-13 days I just hate to waste time …like a trip from one area of SSR to another can take 30 minutes walking …now with the new pool area coming I wonder if they will address that potential problem the buses stops ahave sometimes already apssed that reort stop …

Aha! that makes perfect sense.

Oh don’t let that stop you! It’s a wonderful resort, with a wonderful resturant, Olivia’s. I love the grounds with the tropical music playing. It’s was my favorite trip yet!
Plus the 20mins is more of a stroll…:laugh::laugh:

CBR has in internal resort shuttle that constantly circles around the resort at all the different bus stops and stops at the guest house as well.

I thought SSR offered an internal resort shuttle as well? We’ve never stayed there, but I was looking into the treehouses this year and they said for transportation you have to take the SSR internal resort shuttle over the the main bus stop of SSR and change to a park bus.

I guess an internal shuttle would be okay for POR, but I’ve never found it much of a walk to the main building area.

We stayed at CBR for two weeks last year and we never used the internal resort shuttle and we were in the furthest room (I’m not kidding, there were no more rooms beyond ours) from the main building. I guess we just always thought that by the time we wait for the shuttle to come around we could probably have walked most of the way to our destination. And we enjoyed the walk.

Maybe if it was pouring rain I’d have a different view.:happy:

it is all good…and that part about POR…No i don’t mind the walk there it is so relaxing and peaceful…YES

I like this idea!!!

P.S. We have never stayed far from the action at POR and CBR, so we’ve never faced a big walk. But I can see how it would be a drag first thing in the morning when I need my coffee desperately!

OKw has one…I am not sure about SSR but you could easily use the park buses and interresort tranportation. If you were the second stop before exiting, you would simply take the bus to the last stop and then hop the next bus in…any bus will do.