Insider Top Tips: Where to go when you have to go – The best bathrooms @ WDW parks

Anyone see this?

It’s a rather “funny” story:

"There are lots and lots of bathrooms at Walt Disney World. So many in fact, that it’s not hard to locate the nearest one. You can always ask a nearby Cast Member for help; usually the closest lavatory is mere steps away. But it can be difficult to find one that is uncrowded, particularly if – let me try to sugarcoat it this way – you don’t want to feel rushed. And by “unrushed,” what I mean is, you would rather be someplace where no one is waiting on you, which usually translates to there being a lot of toilets. I debated whether to even raise this topic – the jokes write themselves – but let’s face it, even this facet of human nature is part of the calculus in enjoying a trip to sunny Orlando.

It stands to reason that high-visibility locations will have correspondingly high traffic. Thus, even when a bathroom has numerous toilets, it may not be the best place to visit. The recently-remodeled restrooms in the Adventureland-Frontierland corridor at the Magic Kingdom fall into this category. Worse, most bathroom facilities have an insufficient number of toilets to start with; this is true of most of the restrooms in the parks."

Insider Top Tips: Where to go when you have to go – The best bathrooms in Disney’s theme parks - Orlando Attractions Magazine

I’ll be going to WDW with a 3-yr-old. I have a feeling I will see the inside of a lot of bathrooms LOL!

I tell my friends that I know where every bathroom is at WDW after having gone there with kids… They like to explore the different sytles of each bathroom too…

This thread reminds me of ol’ Cavie’s WDW Bathroom Trip report. Had to be one of the more unique trip reports ever posted!

LOVE IT! Bathrooms are a very important and necessary part of the trip. Knowing the secluded ones helps in case you are feeling :blow:. Or if you have a little 4 year old like mine that announces to the whole bathroom what you are doing.:laugh:

:laugh:To funny… all their bathrooms are clean and neat, so I use all of them.

So while we’re on the subject, I find the ‘half doors’ strange in America- our loo doors are mainly full length or 3/4 length, I think its funny to see people’s feet under the doors?:redface::redface::redface:

why does that not surprise me :huh:

It is easier to clean the floors if the mop can just be pushed under the doors.

( with great age comes great wisdom :blink: )

-Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1076773]It is easier to clean the floors if the mop can just be pushed under the doors.

( with great age comes great wisdom :blink: )

-Harry[/QUOTE]

Ah ok…but not when the loo is in residence I hope:laugh: shoe shine at the same time then:happy:

I have to disagree. While the bathrooms at the World are definitely better than most public places, there have been many situations where I had to roam from stall to stall just to find one that wasn’t, um, comprimised. :whistling

All I have to say is if a majority of men tend to treat their bathrooms at home the same way they do at a public restroom/wc (such as those found at WDW), then I fear for their “other half’s”! Their toilets at home must be disgusting! :blow:

Is it really that hard to lift a toilet seat with a bit of tissue?

Sorry, hope that wasn’t out of line… :blush:

I thought the same thing.:laugh::laugh:

My wife and I proudly tell everyone that “Disney World potty trained our daughter”. She was happily wearing pull ups at the time and her first time going to Disney she proclaimed “I am a big princess, I am wearing panties”. We thought we were in for it. She went the entire week with not one single accident but we visited every single restroom in Disney’s parks.

You guys are right, if you go with kids, you will learn the bathrooms!

I agree, and also there is a gap on the side of the cubicle doors which is odd.

In response to this topic though, I find every bathroom in WDW very clean and they’re all very similar!

[QUOTE=papa bear;1076786]I have to disagree. While the bathrooms at the World are definitely better than most public places, there have been many situations where I had to roam from stall to stall just to find one that wasn’t, um, comprimised. :whistling

All I have to say is if a majority of men tend to treat their bathrooms at home the same way they do at a public restroom/wc (such as those found at WDW), then I fear for their “other half’s”! Their toilets at home must be disgusting! :blow:

Is it really that hard to lift a toilet seat with a bit of tissue?

Sorry, hope that wasn’t out of line… :blush:[/QUOTE]

My opinion can only be formed from visiting the ladies restrooms!
They’ve always been very tidy and clean for me.

As much as I’ll try to put this out of my mind before our next trip…I know I’ll find myself looking for the restrooms listed here that I haven’t noticed before. LOL

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1076869]I agree, and also there is a gap on the side of the cubicle doors which is odd.

In response to this topic though, I find every bathroom in WDW very clean and they’re all very similar![/QUOTE]

Yes!! there is a gap at the side of the door- I’d forgotten about that- I got used to it, but the first time I saw it I thought:ohmy:

Could be much much worse though, could be French loos:laugh:

Once, during I think during late EMH we went to the restrooms around the back of the figment ride. It was soooo empty, it was spooky. I really felt uncomfortable waiting for my DH.

I think they can be very scary when they’re empty and some are so isolated too:ohmy:we’ve been watching too many thriller movies Jo-Jo:laugh:

[QUOTE=dixie;1076888]Yes!! there is a gap at the side of the door- I’d forgotten about that- I got used to it, but the first time I saw it I thought:ohmy:

Could be much much worse though, could be French loos:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Me too, I kept wondering if people were peering in! :ohmy:

Ahh, I’ve never been to Disneyland, Paris before!
Been to WDW three times though and I can’t imagine anything being better! :heart: