Insight needed from BC and WL DVC Members

I have a question for Beach Club and Villas at Wilderness Lodge DVC owners and others who have stayed at both.
We (DW, DD-12 and will turn 13 on this trip and DS 10) are going April 16th -24th. I am booked at SSR ,Studio. As I would like to try as many different DVC locations as possible, I am hoping I will be able to change my reservations to either BC (long shot) or VWL, next month. I am trying to decide which to choose, if I can get either one. I also toyed with the idea of a split stay. Which would you choose and why? If I have to stay at SSR, I am also fine with that as I do like my “home”. I just want to try them all first if possible. Any insight would be appreciated and also any room location preferences.

Thanks!:mickey:

Tony

If it were me I’d choose Wilderness Lodge Villas. We only got to stay there once and hope to get a reservation there again in the future. It’s just so nice to have the boat transportation to the MK, Contemp., & Fort Wilderness, and the whole property is just gorgeous and relaxing. The dining options are endless around the whole Bay Lake & 7 Seas Lagoon area and not to mention the pool area is so lush and comfortable. I love it there!

Yeah, BC has the pool that everyone wants to be in but there’s just something about Beach Club that still doesn’t feel so special to me. It’s nice to be able to walk into the World Showcase & have the Boardwalk at night but I still feel like the Wilderness Lodge Villas has a more ‘special’ and magical atmosphere to it.

It really comes down to personal preferences.

OH, and it may be easier to get into these resorts now that Kidani and Bay Lake Tower has taken some of the pressure off the 7 month rush for rooms. Good luck, keep us updated.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;988983]If it were me I’d choose Wilderness Lodge Villas. We only got to stay there once and hope to get a reservation there again in the future. It’s just so nice to have the boat transportation to the MK, Contemp., & Fort Wilderness, and the whole property is just gorgeous and relaxing. The dining options are endless around the whole Bay Lake & 7 Seas Lagoon area and not to mention the pool area is so lush and comfortable. I love it there!

Yeah, BC has the pool that everyone wants to be in but there’s just something about Beach Club that still doesn’t feel so special to me. It’s nice to be able to walk into the World Showcase & have the Boardwalk at night but I still feel like the Wilderness Lodge Villas has a more ‘special’ and magical atmosphere to it.

It really comes down to personal preferences.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wishy! My wife really likes WL and feels BC is a littlle stuffy.I am hoping the 7 month window is better with BLT and AKL-Kidani, kids want Stormalong pool though. How is it getting to the other parks from WL? Your trip report made us want to go back to AKL and try Kidani.

The WL is absolutely stunning. I’ve never stayed there, but I love that resort! :laugh:

We own at VWL and absolutely love it. It is just so beautiful and the location is great. I actually just booked a split stay in March at Kidani and BC in studios. I was able to get exactly what I wanted and was actually surprised at how many choices I had. If you are looking to book a studio, you might actually have a better shot at BC. Even as owners at VWL we sometimes have a hard time getting a studio because there are so few of them at the resort.

I actually love both. Staying at the BC is not stuffy at all and the pool is great. WL has that really calm feel to it and the boat transportation is wonderful.

BC would be a great place to stay if you weren’t going to the parks- that’s what we did last month and there was plenty to do.

Try a split ressie if you can get it that way you can try both!

Thanks for the insight. If I am able I may do a split reservation. Would you do BC first and end at VWL or the other way around? So many choices…gotta love DVC!

That’s the beauty orf DVC - lots of choices, and none of them bad.

I think that would all depend on what your park schedule will be. Will you have a day or 2 of no parks, if so, I would schedule BC during that time. The kids will love the pool.

We usually spend all day in the parks with an afternoon pool break. We also have waterpark tickets to use this trip.

WoW! I just noticed your countdown less than 2 days until BLT!! That is my next stay! Have a great time and let us know what you think of BLT.

BCV is our home resort, so perhaps I am biased.

The other resorts all seem interesting, and I get the “BCV is not as special or themed” as some of the resorts. Location is the key though. And the pool. And Gelato at the Marketplace, etc, etc. :mickey:

If you had the opportunity, I’d split the stay. Have your cake and eat it too!

[QUOTE=Elmo;989428]BCV is our home resort, so perhaps I am biased.

The other resorts all seem interesting, and I get the “BCV is not as special or themed” as some of the resorts. Location is the key though. And the pool. And Gelato at the Marketplace, etc, etc. :mickey:

If you had the opportunity, I’d split the stay. Have your cake and eat it too![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input Elmo, I really appreciate the people who take the time to help other MB’ers here! I think BC is a beautifull resort and anywhere that is close distance to a “Kitchen Sink” is alright in my book!:laugh:

We own at BCV and it is our absolute favorite resort. We have never had problems with the transportation there and like the fact that we are close to 2 parks. We love the beach theme and don’t feel the resort is stuffy at all. Plus, the kids think the pool is awesome.

If you don’t mind changing resorts during your trip, then the split stay is a good idea. That way you can experience both resorts.

[QUOTE=Pooh Fan;989493]We own at BCV and it is our absolute favorite resort. We have never had problems with the transportation there and like the fact that we are close to 2 parks. We love the beach theme and don’t feel the resort is stuffy at all. Plus, the kids think the pool is awesome.

If you don’t mind changing resorts during your trip, then the split stay is a good idea. That way you can experience both resorts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pooh Fan! I have about 2 weeks to see if I can change my reservations. Hopefully I can get the days at each!

My question now is, should I do BC first and end at VWL or vica versa??

I got lucky!I was able to get both !I Got Beach Club the first 4 nights and VWL the last 4 nights. Now the looonnnggg wait until April !

Thank you to all who took the time to offer their insight, it is appreciated!:wub:

[QUOTE=XQIXX;993853]I got lucky!I was able to get both !I Got Beach Club the first 4 nights and VWL the last 4 nights. Now the looonnnggg wait until April !

Thank you to all who took the time to offer their insight, it is appreciated!:wub:[/QUOTE]

Congrats! We love both resorts, they are both beautiful. We bought at BCV but would have been happy owning at WL.

Thanks DT! The best part about DVC is you can’t go wrong. Every one is unique. A sandy bottom pool or a geyser…not bad choices!

You are right, there are so many good choices with DVC. We like certain resorts better than others but even our last choice would be a nice resort. We love DVC, I haven’t second guessed owning yet.