Inspired family video

The last few years have been difficult for my family and during that time I would search youtube for Disney family videos to cheer me up. I was inspired by the Wolfe family videos of dancing and family fun.

This past year I bought a video camera and decided to make some videos of our own. I am always creating inexpensive fun with my family and really enjoy video taping these great moments. I was really inspired by this family to take our fun and create a new way to keep our memories enjoyable to watch.

We started with Halloween. I have always been something “pretty” or “cute” for Halloween and this was the first year I decided to be something “scary”
Enjoy
YouTube - Halloween Music Video 2010

Next we made our Christmas video. We started this one early and really planned out what we wanted to do. Like I said before we have been through some difficult financial times and this was the first year we were doing well with our finances and we were able to give gifts this year. This was a very special Christmas and we really wanted to share it with everyone.

YouTube - Locke Family Christmas 2010 Imovie 09

I really enjoyed making, editing and sharing our new videos and my family and friends. They were enjoying them as much as I did. My uncle really enjoyed them so much so that he bought me a new computer for Christmas to help with my editing and storing our videos. (I had a very old computer that was on its way out and full of memory)

Every year for about 17 year our friends and family gather for a sleigh ride. This year I was really excited to create a video of all the fun. It was a very cold and rainy evening but we can have fun no matter the weather as long as we are together.

YouTube - Sleigh Ride 2011

I hope you enjoyed them as much as we do!

TOO Cool…love that you guys are Halloween addicts…we go all out during that time as well…never thought to do something like this though in video form…hmmmm…

The sleigh ride made me think…the last time I was on one was my Senior year of High School with FBLA…crazy…that was in NH and 89’…went to Salem High…Go Blue Devils!!!

LOL…thanks for sharing.

These are great! What a wonderful way to share your memories! I love that you got everyone to dance :slight_smile:

I watched every one all the way through and they are just gorgeous. You have a beautiful family and you can see there is alot of love, laughing and fun in your home.
I love your editing, and your choice of music too- you made me feel quite Christmassy! Thank you so much, I had a very enjoyable time with your family.

They’re all great! Are you going to make one from your upcoming trip?

You may have inspired me do actually do something with all the home videos that are just sitting on the hard drive of the computer. Thanks, it brings back memories of my own family and similar traditions.

[QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1073680]TOO Cool…love that you guys are Halloween addicts…we go all out during that time as well…never thought to do something like this though in video form…hmmmm…

The sleigh ride made me think…the last time I was on one was my Senior year of High School with FBLA…crazy…that was in NH and 89’…went to Salem High…Go Blue Devils!!!

LOL…thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

We LOVE Halloween! We trick or treat in 3 different towns and usually have about 2 or 3 parties to go to. I can’t get enough!! Love the dressing up too!

Oh yes I am working on the story board now and have many ideas of the fun things we want in the video.
Can’t wait

OH I hope so!! It has really been so wonderful for me and my family to have these videos. If you do please share.
Do you have editing software? My macbook has Imovie and the program is so easy to use. Every one thinks I am so talented but I can’t take the credit imovie does most of the work for you.

[QUOTE=dixie;1073702]I watched every one all the way through and they are just gorgeous. You have a beautiful family and you can see there is alot of love, laughing and fun in your home.
I love your editing, and your choice of music too- you made me feel quite Christmassy! Thank you so much, I had a very enjoyable time with your family.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!
I love to share it! It makes me smile knowing others enjoyed it too!

You look like you have a beautiful, happy, fun loving family! Great videos! I would love to see one from your trip to Disney!

Those were really fun! Thanks for sharing.

I will take any ideas for my Disney video if you have any!
Thank you all I am so glad you are enjoying them.

Brilliant. It is so nice to see your whole family getting involved. Theses are something to treasure x

YouTube - The Wolfs Dance Orlando

This is the Wolf Family video that inspired me to make my videos!

Not sure what song to use for our Disney video I am open to any suggestions.
We would like a fun dance song.

Here are some I was thinking of.

1. Toni Basil-Mickey!
  2. Travie Mccoy-We’ll Be Alright
  3. Black eyed peas-I’ve got a feeling

VEry cute!! thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed them.

Still need Disney Video ideas and Song suggestions!

This year we took another road trip down to Siesta Key FL and brought our 16 yr old niece with us, we asked her to pick the music for the video that my DH would be making and she suggested “Holiday Road” by Lindsay Buckingham. It’s a great choice for a Vacation music video.