Interested in renting points for BC

We’re planning a trip for the week after Thanksgiving 2011. I got a pin for 40% off rack room rate but I’m curious to see what the cost difference would be to rent points. I recently discovered I could still get Park Hoppers, ME, and DDP with renting points. (True, yes?)

Anyone have points available? And how many points would it be for 7 nights at Beach Club? TIA!

Check on Allears in the points chart section under DVC. I thought I saw the 2011 charts last month.

Points generally run between $10-13 per point. The number of points you need depends on the time of year and room type. You’re looking at a pretty busy time for DVC, the point cost is low so rooms tend to book early.

I thought this might be the case. It seems like a great time to go…moderate weather, lower cost, low crowds, Christmas decor up and special events.

Any tips on sites to look at for points to rent, that I can trust?

Disboards have a very active rent trade board but I’ve never actually used it–it scares me. There’s also a guy who rents points for members. I’m not sure how it works but I think he has points for every resort. I think it’s called david’s (DVC) rentals or something like that, I’m sure you’ll fi d it if you do a search. He charges $13 per point.

Have you calculated the points for your trip?

I am just going to throw it out there again because honestly the guy has been so helpful to me. No, I get NO benefit out of this, I have had that good of an experience. DVCrentalstore.com. The guy, Paul, has been amazing. Seriously, there are some good people out there to help with a vacation, but this guy has been as helpful as this site.

Sending you a PM

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;1066627]We’re planning a trip for the week after Thanksgiving 2011. I got a pin for 40% off rack room rate but I’m curious to see what the cost difference would be to rent points. I recently discovered I could still get Park Hoppers, ME, and DDP with renting points. (True, yes?)

Anyone have points available? And how many points would it be for 7 nights at Beach Club? TIA![/QUOTE]

Looks like around 107 points for a BCV studio. Points generally rent between $10 and $14 with the commercial renters being at the higher end. (I charge $11 and have a refundable policy - some are no refund) So that would be $1070 to $1498 or $153 to $214 per night. Room only rack rate for that time is $2914 so with 40% discount pin it would be $1750 ($250 p/n.)

Several dining plans are available at same - not free but the savings in renting points most often covers even the “free” dining deals. ME is available at no charge also when staying on points. Park tickets can be purchased online or added to your room key - no discount prices for DVC members or guests.

Like Steph said, this is a busy time for DVC members to book. I’m booked 2nd weekend in Dec @ BLT and booked 11 months in advance. Called back day later to add a day for a guest and couldn’t - booked solid.

DVC members who are owners at BCV can book your trip now, and all other members can book at 7 months which would be end of April.

You may want to book using the code you have, then check and see if you can book with points either now with a BCV owner or later in a couple of months with any other DVC member who has points available. (I will probably have points available but don’t have any BCV points.) Another option is to book someplace else with points then try to switch to BCV at 7 months. For example I have points at both BLT and SSR that I can book now.

MouseOwners.com - The Web’s Most Friendly and Reliable Source for Information on the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) has a pretty active rent/trade board as well.

We have rented points twice now for Thanksgiving week and have not been disappointed. OF course the week after will be much less crowded. We used a DVC member from this site the first time and had an AWESOME experience. We used David’s site, dvcrequest.com this past Thanksgiving and while he was more expensive it was a great experience also. He DOES NOT offer refunds though so keep that in mind. We love being able to stay DVC for less than we would at a mod!

We are renting points for the first time and I found the rentor from the Mouseowners site. He is awesome!!!

Thanks everyone!

We looked at the DDP again to make sure it’s still worth our while and I think we’re going to skip it this year. We want to try some places that aren’t on the DDP and want to try a trip where we don’t have to adhere so much to that group of restaurants (and count points to make sure we’re not going over). DD is also pretty fancy in her taste so the children’s menu isn’t going to please her more than just a couple times over the course of the trip.

Our travel dates could be flexible by a couple of days but DH wants to keep it to either Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun following Thanksgiving so he doesn’t end up taking off the whole month of December with our trip and then Christmas which we travel for. I’m going to look at points for those dates now.

I’m glad I came across this post! My family is interested in renting DVC points Boardwalk 2br or OKW 2br the end of November or the end of Sept. Now I’m glad that I can look for places that may have points.

Still feel a little uncomfortable renting points from people I don’t know though!

I understand, you have to put a lot of trust in the person you are renting from. I rented from someone here at MB before we became members and didn’t have any issues (and didn’t expect any!). I know I didn’t know this person at all but I felt like I knew him so I wasn’t worried about showing up at our resort with no room booked.

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1066755]Still feel a little uncomfortable renting
points from people I don’t know though![/QUOTE]

You should be able to get a copy of the reservation in your name emailed to you within a day of the reservation being made.

Use some common sense, get it in writing, use a credit card or paypal so you are able to contest the charge if you don’t get the reservation as promised. And a members post count/date joined on the boards is a good indicator that they are legit. (Not that all new members are scammers but you have to be a little more careful.) You can’t cheat someone and show your face around the same boards.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1066769]You should be able to get a copy of the reservation in your name emailed to you within a day of the reservation being made.

Use some common sense, get it in writing, use a credit card or paypal so you are able to contest the charge if you don’t get the reservation as promised. And a members post count/date joined on the boards is a good indicator that they are legit. (Not that all new members are scammers but you have to be a little more careful.) You can’t cheat someone and show your face around the same boards.[/QUOTE]

Yes, those are all good tips! And all the things I would consider before/while renting DVC points. Here on MB I obviously feel a little better because I interact with you guys a lot. But other boards weird me out! Oh well, I’ll just have to be smart about it, thats all! :mickey: