Interesting question

has anyone stayed in the park during special events just to watch parade and fireworks and not tried to ride the attractions…they seem only to check wrist bands on rides?

I’m sure they have. Just like the many that bring mugs back from previous visits and reuse them, or go swimming in a resort pool that they’re not staying at, or park in the hotel parking lots when not staying onsite to avoid paying parking fees. I’m sure many have enjoyed the perks designed for others that have paid for them.

We saw guests at MNSSHP who hadn’t got a wrist band, but were watching everything else.

:nonono2::nonono2::nonono2:

I wouldn’t try it…but I’m sure there are people that do.

It depends on how strict CMs are. During the MNSSHP they were looking for wrist bands on the street too. But considering the parades are several hours after the park closes to the general public, is it worth hours of ducking CMs and just hanging out?

I think that if you didn’t know that the park closed for EMH, it would be easy to accidentally stay in the park. I mean… I don’t remember ever hearing, “Get out of the park unless you’re a resort guest.” But then again, when they tried to get in a line and were stopped, they’d probably realize it. But maybe not if they were only waiting on the curb for a parade.

CMs try to guide those who don’t have wristbands to the exit. During MNSSHP I saw a guest try to enter a store - she was stopped by CMs who explained that the park was closed except for MNSSHP guests and directed her verbally to the park entrance.

I thought about buying the halloween party tickets so we could stay past 7 but didn’t. They still had them on sale the day we were there (Oct 24 I believe? Short trip) so it would have been about $240. That’s crazy, my son wouldn’t have been able to handle a long day (just me and the kids). It was very warm but cool in the evenings and all we had was shorts, no jackets.

Back in 2007 I drove up specifically to catch the Pirate and Princess Party fireworks.
I did not have a ticket and I didn’t want to pay. I did not want to ride any of the rides.
So at 7 PM they began herding guests without wristbands toward the exit.
During hard tickets, exiting guests are not invited to shop. Heck, you’re not even allowed into the shops without a wristband! You can try really hard to mingle in with the crowd milling about the Hub, but CMs are coming through and checking. Don’t think about trying to enter one of the spokes off to a land, you will be stopped. It seems it is possible to pull it off if you keep moving and circle back into a clump that CMs have just moved through. Or it might not. In the end a CM in City Hall took pity on me and gave me a complimentary ticket so I could tape the fireworks. After the show, the CM I’d been talking to at the Hub/Main Street interface asked me why I was leaving, because after all, I now had a wristband. I told her that I had a long drive in front of me and that even though I was now legal, I didn’t feel right because all I’d ever wanted was to just tape fireworks and leave.

Fan of Disney, we were in WDW when you were and we didn’t need long pants or jackets any night we were there (19-27). And we’re from South Florida, so we really don’t handle weather below 58 very well.

I’m sure it’s possible. My dh and I went to MVMCP last year and it was freezing that night. We had on coats and no one could even see our wristbands. We were never asked to show them, I’m sure because it was becoming somewhat of a hassle for everyone. There were probably people there that didn’t have tickets.

They are more thorough and more diligent than you’d notice.
They’re polite, but the challenges will happen.
I’ve seen it first hand. Even this year when we did the Halloween party, we mistakenly were not given wristbands when we first entered and when we tried to cut through the Noodle Terrace, we were challenged and stopped at the walkway that turns right at the ice cream shoppe. We were made to turn back and get wristbands, even though we had tickets.

I don’t see how they can keep up with everyone, but I do know that they are thorough! I have been asked many times to show my wristband or room key for stuff…

I feel for the Cm’s having to ask. I would hate the confrontation.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1057462]They are more thorough and more diligent than you’d notice.
They’re polite, but the challenges will happen.
I’ve seen it first hand. Even this year when we did the Halloween party, we mistakenly were not given wristbands when we first entered and when we tried to cut through the Noodle Terrace, we were challenged and stopped at the walkway that turns right at the ice cream shoppe. We were made to turn back and get wristbands, even though we had tickets.[/QUOTE]

I agree, they are more thorough than we realize. Just because I didn’t get asked, doesn’t mean they weren’t watching. The only time I was really surprised was when we went in for cocoa and cookies. I figured there would CMs all over the place making sure we had our wristbands, but no one asked. Maybe we were just lucky enough to miss them all.

The MNSSHP we were attending was packed. Late into the evening I saw a whole family minus wrist bands. It would have been almost impossible to police the event we were at. Yes I am sure the more diligent CM would ask guests to leave, but I guess it becomes a bit of a hopeless task on nights like the one I attended- and many a ‘blind eye’ was turned!

Wow Soundgood, cool! Well we have since moved to NC so no more short trips for us :frowning: I’m sure very few people try this, not really worth the CM’s hassle. Sounds like the CM’s really try though.

Well let me tell you another interesting story. We had just moved to Florida in June. My husband retired from the army and really wanted to live there. So we registered our vehicles and got our drivers licenses and everything. He never did find a job so he expanded his search and Camp Lejeune called him so here we are, just moved here 3 weeks ago. Okay so Friday I went and passed my drivers license test right? Only they give you a certificate now and mail your license from Raleigh, they let you keep your old license only to use as an ID. My FL license don’t expire till 2019! I could totally buy FL Res tickets! I mean WOW that’s crazy! It’s not like breaking the law or anything. What do you think?

[QUOTE=fanofdisney;1057473]Wow Soundgood, cool! Well we have since moved to NC so no more short trips for us :frowning: I’m sure very few people try this, not really worth the CM’s hassle. Sounds like the CM’s really try though.

Well let me tell you another interesting story. We had just moved to Florida in June. My husband retired from the army and really wanted to live there. So we registered our vehicles and got our drivers licenses and everything. He never did find a job so he expanded his search and Camp Lejeune called him so here we are, just moved here 3 weeks ago. Okay so Friday I went and passed my drivers license test right? Only they give you a certificate now and mail your license from Raleigh, they let you keep your old license only to use as an ID. My FL license don’t expire till 2019! I could totally buy FL Res tickets! I mean WOW that’s crazy! It’s not like breaking the law or anything. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

OOh I feel a debate coming on:biggrin: Ok, if it were me? I would buy them as a FL resident, after all you were for a short time. It’s not your fault they didn’t revoke the license? Heck Disney is expensive enough if you can get the discount take it.

I guess it is dishonest. Well like I said we won’t be taking anymore short trips because it is now an 11 hour drive, and the airfare just wouldn’t be worth it. I would buy salute tickets but hate that I have to pay for hoppers. I would like to go for a week so I guess all I would need is a 3-day FL Res pass. Is it dishonest? Really my husband and son probably couldn’t handle a week. My son has autism which is why we didn’t do MNSSHP, he couldn’t wait for an extended period of time for parade and fireworks. He would enjoy trick-or-treating and the rides but we didn’t have costumes.

In 2007, we took a cruise out of Jacksonville. Afterwards, we were there for 3 days and my husband decided it would be a nice place to retire. We were in Hawaii from 2007-2010 and then my husband retired so the army paid to move us to Florida. We did have to pay to move ourselves to NC.

No, I don’t think there’s a debate coming.
If you have “valid” ID showing Florida residence, go ahead.
There might be a little glitch.
They will send you mail and that mail will be returned to WDW.
Enough returned mail and you might get noticed.

[QUOTE=fanofdisney;1057478]I guess it is dishonest. Well like I said we won’t be taking anymore short trips because it is now an 11 hour drive, and the airfare just wouldn’t be worth it. I would buy salute tickets but hate that I have to pay for hoppers. I would like to go for a week so I guess all I would need is a 3-day FL Res pass. Is it dishonest? Really my husband and son probably couldn’t handle a week. My son has autism which is why we didn’t do MNSSHP, he couldn’t wait for an extended period of time for parade and fireworks. He would enjoy trick-or-treating and the rides but we didn’t have costumes.

In 2007, we took a cruise out of Jacksonville. Afterwards, we were there for 3 days and my husband decided it would be a nice place to retire. We were in Hawaii from 2007-2010 and then my husband retired so the army paid to move us to Florida. We did have to pay to move ourselves to NC.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I dont think it is dishonest- and thats what I meant by debateable others may think it is- I dont.
You did live there, you didn’t use that discount whilst you were there, and really its the Fla license system that is at fault not you?
As for Disney checking bounced back mail? I doubt it. And if they ever remotely did say anything? what’s the worst they could do?? I think Disney has more to do ( and more to lose) by going after a little family using Fla discount- I mean its hardly big organised crime is it??:biggrin: Go ahead do it.

It is pretty expensive to attend the hard ticket parties. And for me, a big part of the party is the fireworks and parade. I pay the extra so that I can see these special productions (not ride the rides). I don’t think it would be fair for someone without a ticket to stay in the park and possibly take the prime viewing spot away from a guest that has actually paid to be there.

Can it be done…I’m sure you can find a way to make it happen. I just wouldn’t do it, because that is how I roll.