Interesting WDW Dining Facts

Walt Disney World Resort has plenty of diverse and delicious options for Disney Dining. From small snacks to luxurious, sit-down meals, there is something for everyone.

Here are some fun food facts about the Florida Vacation Kingdom: DIVERSE DISNEY DINING:
There are more than 475 unique places to dine across Walt Disney World Resort, including full-service and quick-service restaurants and portable food carts. In all, more than 6,000 different food items are available.

YOU SAY TOMATO, I SAY ‘YUM’: California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort serves about 70 pounds of vine-ripened tomatoes each night during “tomato season” (July through November).

A TASTE OF HOLLYWOOD: Approximately 63,000 Cobb salads are served every year at The Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The original recipe for the dressing, created in 1926, still tops the salads. “The Cobb” was invented at the original Hollywood Brown Derby by restaurateur Bob Cobb.

A LOT TO GOBBLE!: More than 1.2 million pounds of Turkey Legs are consumed every year in the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.

MICKEY LIKES TO SAY ‘CHEESE’: More than 89 varieties of cheese are used by Disney theme park and resort chefs at Walt Disney World Resort.

Which is your ultimate Disney Dining experience?

Um? You sound like a advertisement. I’m assuming you are either copying & pasting this from another site. If you did write that yourself, it does sound good, but you really need to get out of your little cabin in the woods and socialize more.

It is something I pasted from the insidEARS site.

I will take your advice and go to work now and you better make sure all of your kids survive Debbie’s absence :wink:

I think my new mission is to try all 89 kinds of cheese! Yum!

This also made me want to go to HBD for cobb salad. . .the dressing HAS to be good!

My thought exactly. We have never dined there but I love Cobb salads so I think we have something else new to try!

-Harry

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1107838]I think my new mission is to try all 89 kinds of cheese! Yum!

This also made me want to go to HBD for cobb salad. . .the dressing HAS to be good![/QUOTE]

& mine is to get my hands on one of those Turkey Legs!! Every year I think about it, but DH protests - I know deep down he wants to try one, but he’s more worried about being embarrassed walking around gobbling down an enormous turkey leg! hmmmm I saw in the Cheapskate Tips thread that getting a buddy to double down on a turkey leg is a pretty cheap lunch…maybe I need to appeal to his cheap, ehhmm frugal, side! :laugh:

I’m not entirely sure I can name 89 kinds of cheese. And yet I feel compelled to see if we can try…

edited to say:

Yes, I WAS compelled…

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/mouse-trap/59514-mickey-likes-say-cheese.html#post1107844

Interesting find. I have to say I love the Cobb salad at HBD. We haven’t been to Disney really in over a year an a half now. It looks like my ban won’t be lifted now until this winter at the earliest (my last probation hearing didn’t go as well as planned). I think a Cobb salad might be the way to celebrate once I can pass through those gates again.

I quite like the story behind the Cobb salad…Bob Cobb’s friend Sid Gourman turned up at the Brown Derby in 1957 somewhat intoxicated, Bob took him though the the kitchens, hoping to sober him u a little before sending him home, Bob reached for the fridge and pulled out a bunch of salad and bacon etc, and chopped it all up really finely to keep Sid occupied for longer.

The next time Sid came by (sober!) he ordered a ‘Cobb Salad’ and thus it was official!

Their infamous Grapefruit Cake has a good story too. At the time the grapefruit diet was popular, and not wanting to loose their female patrons, the designed the grapefruit cake, claiming it was part of the diet to keep their female patrons coming through the doors!

I’m surprised they even agreed to a hearing. Or is it just a formality like Charles Manson’s?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1107823]It is something I pasted from the insidEARS site.

I will take your advice and go to work now and you better make sure all of your kids survive Debbie’s absence :wink:[/QUOTE]

They made it through day 1 with all their limbs intact! :happy:

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1107841]My thought exactly. We have never dined there but I love Cobb salads so I think we have something else new to try!

-Harry[/QUOTE]

Just remember that the original Cobb salad did not have the individual items arranged on the plate like the rest of America has it. The original is a chopped salad with everything mixed up.

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1107857] …

Their infamous Grapefruit Cake has a good story too. At the time the grapefruit diet was popular, and not wanting to loose their female patrons, the designed the grapefruit cake, claiming it was part of the diet to keep their female patrons coming through the doors![/QUOTE]

Oh now that is a great story. A very astute business man that Mr. Cobb :happy: