Internet Fees

Does anyone know what the resorts charge to use the internet? A lot of them say they have internet for an additional fee. Also, some of them say that about refrigerators- any prices there?
Thanks!

Internet is $9.95 for 24 hours. They even supply with a LAN cable. I personally bring my own, but you can use theirs. Refrigerators are standard I believe now in all Moderate and Deluxe resorts. We have not stayed in a Economy resort in years, and not sure what they charge for rentals. Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World has lots of pricing for things like this.

Unless they have changed since last year…the fee for refrigerators at Value resorts is $10/day.

I have never been charged for a refrigerator at any value resort and my rooms have always had one.
I believe refrigerators are standard in all rooms now, at no extra cost.
Internet is roughly $10 for a 24 hour contiguous period. If you play it time it right, you can even have internet for most of your longer stays (5 days and more) and not have to pay for Internet every day based upon when you log on to start your 24 hour period.
Network cables are provided, but you should bring your own anyway. Also, if you have an add in network card, don’t forget your dongle!!! Without it, you’re sunk.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;978326]I have never been charged for a refrigerator at any value resort and my rooms have always had one.
[/QUOTE]

I must be unlucky then…they told me $10/day charge, so we refilled our ice chest twice a day. :confused:

On this page for Pop Century, near the bottom it mentions a fridge for a fee but doesn’t say how much. But if you’re not trying to freeze water, we’ve just used a cooler and got ice twice a day.

disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/

If the refrigerator is needed for medication there is no charge. I stayed in Pop last Sept and had to request a refrigerator.

I remember a castmember telling me that it was $10 per DAY for internet use…:glare:

Maybe I just lucked out and the fridges were left behind after the last guest (every time?)
I will admit we’ve only stayed in values 4 times and most of the time we’re in deluxes.

Conversely, I do have medication that needs to be refrigerated, but I’ve never requested one. Also, for the past 4 years now, I’ve been bringing some sort of cooler to keep my meds and home brewed iced tea cold during the trip up and I’ve wound up keeping the tea in the cooler until the ice melts. It’s an Igloo, so the ice keeps for a couple days.
At $250 a shot/ 4 shots a week, if I have to keep them on ice, so be it!
(Thank God for prescription drug coverage!!!)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;978452]Maybe I just lucked out and the fridges were left behind after the last guest (every time?)
I will admit we’ve only stayed in values 4 times and most of the time we’re in deluxes.[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard of other people getting a fridge for free but I don’t think they are standard in values at this time.

Could it be an AP perk? Discounts for AP’s apply at many places. I’m not AP so not sure where all they apply. Just a thought.

I’m sure it had nothing to do with having an AP, especially when we’re talking Pop Century the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
Maybe it was just lazy CMs. There seems to be a bunch of that going around these days.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;978335]On this page for Pop Century, near the bottom it mentions a fridge for a fee but doesn’t say how much. But if you’re not trying to freeze water, we’ve just used a cooler and got ice twice a day.

disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/[/QUOTE]

We use a cooler on our drive to keep snacks handy for the kids during the ride. Then we use the cooler in our room and DH puts fresh ice in each night, dumping the left over, half-melted ice in the tub.

I only ice down the cooler on our way out of town with 20 pounds of ice. The cooler we take is an Igloo Cube, so it isn’t even a 20 quart size. Once the ice melts, that’s it until we leave and I have to ice it back down to make sure all our left overs get home without spoiling. That usually takes about 6 trips to the ice machine and I don’t hit the same machine 6 times in a row. I go to two or three different machines so I don’t use up all the ice in any one machine.
Of course, none of us are supposed to be filling coolers from the hotel ice machines.
Conversely, there have been times as a club level guest that CMs have willingly given us ice from the club lounge ice machine and filled our cooler, but again, I don’t over do it.

Well, it does become an exercise in loading the fridge with food boxes after 4 days, but I manage to pull it off without needing to use the cooler too.