Is a credit card needed for ALL ADRs?

Last time I made an ADR was back in Nov or so. Today I started looking for our Dec trip and for Trails End it ask for a credit card. I was surprised. I thought it was only for the more popular meals. So is this for any ADRs made?

I believe so Jo-jo. Certain signature dining restaurants will charge you ahead of time—but most just want your card to charge if you are a no-show, or cancel sooner than a day or so out. You need to read up on the specifics of each restaurant so there won’t be surprises. The fee for too late cancelation is $10/person I believe.

You can find out specifics on the Disney website… :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1142318]I believe so Jo-jo. Certain signature dining restaurants will charge you ahead of time—but most just want your card to charge if you are a no-show, or cancel sooner than a day or so out. You need to read up on the specifics of each restaurant so there won’t be surprises. The fee for too late cancelation is $10/person I believe.

You can find out specifics on the Disney website… :)[/QUOTE]

I guess I missed where it’s posted. I was just really surprised to see the credit card form pop up for trails end. I understand why they do this, but I really hate it. I’m one of those who has a fear of “what if someone wakes up sick” situation.

Oh I agree…you never know…but I guess too many people took up the reservations and just didn’t show…so they had to do something to try to stop that…I felt the same way when I had to pay for the special tours…no refunds…even the packages have the no refunds after 45 days out. It just is what it is now…

Yes, its true…

I must have made the ADRs last time just before the change. And I didn’t see this new policy at all over the last 6 months. Guess everyone was talking FP+.

It happened since we last went, a year ago…I still can’t imagine that if you woke up sick, and your party could not go, and you called to cancel that they would still charge you for the last minute cancellation…

Just not showing up is a whole other story.

We went in May and about half had the guarantee.

Under these rules, has anyone cancelled with being sick? What was the outcome?

I’m curious how are people names are listed on a restaurant list? Isn’t there some program that can search out names, forget the 12 emails that people may use. I understand when people make 3 or 4 ADRs in different parks, something had to be done.

jo-jo -

Yes, all ADRS need a CC guarantee now. A trick for you if you get sick. Modify the existing reservation for the next day at any time and than cancel it a 10pm to not get charged. A CM taught me that one.

[QUOTE=Dana;1142369]jo-jo -

Yes, all ADRS need a CC guarantee now. A trick for you if you get sick. Modify the existing reservation for the next day at any time and than cancel it a 10pm to not get charged. A CM taught me that one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dana. Knowing that makes me feel better. We usually don’t have an issue with illness, but a yr ago we were soooo sick the last three days.

This last trip I went a little crazy with sanitizer spray just to be on the safe side, ESPECIALLY after DGS threw up on me.:pinch:

I have always carried a travel package of hand wipes with me in my backpack…at WDW or any amusement park. As soon as we get ready to eat, snack or meal, we wipe out hands…I don’t know if it helps or not…but it’s just somethingn I do…

I hope your next visit will be smooth sailing Jo Jo…with no illness!! My daughter was sick one visit…and it was awful…

As far as I know all the OCT ones needed CC,but to pay in advance then sorry I will bypass that dining option…if anyone knows any location where advance pay please post the name of such

The website says — Cinderella’s Royal Table, Mickey’s Backyard Barbecue, Hoop de Doo, and Spirit of Aloha Luau all require prepayment and cancellation up to 2 days ahead. The rest require a CC to reserve and you will be charged $10 if you don’t show up or don’t cancel 1 day in advance.

It’s just the way things are now—I can’t blame them with all the people that surely make a bunch of reservations at a time and want to decide later…

I had to pay for Keys to the Kingdom ahead of time—and had 2 days out to cancel…same type of thing.

I buy concert tickets and am just stuck with them if someone gets sick so—guess this system is a little bit better… :slight_smile:

Let’s just hope we all stay well for our WDW vacations!!!