Is Birnbaums enough?

I have a copy of the Birnbaums book for 2009. Will this have all the info I need or should I spring for the unofficial guide too? I have a feeling that everyone will say that you can never have too much info and I tend to agree with that. Maybe I’m just asking permission to spend more money on Disney stuff from people who will truly understand the obsession LOL

Kim

[QUOTE=kimblebee;951002]I have a copy of the Birnbaums book for 2009. Will this have all the info I need or should I spring for the unofficial guide too? I have a feeling that everyone will say that you can never have too much info and I tend to agree with that. Maybe I’m just asking permission to spend more money on Disney stuff from people who will truly understand the obsession LOL

Kim[/QUOTE]

What kind of info are you looking for? Birnbaums is a good guide book, but the Unofficial guide is much more in-depth. If you are just looking for surface level descriptions of attractions/resorts/restaurants, then stay with Birnbaums. If you want countless opinions on every single thing related to WDW, go with the Unofficial guide. :smile:

I think I’m looking for all the info I can get. I feel safe saying that here because I know my interest won’t be seen as an obsession LOL

Kim

The Unofficial Guide is terrific and you should definitely buy it. Tell everyone I said you had to. :laugh:

I will blame you for it all LOL

Kim

I get Birnbaum’s (with Kids and without), The Unofficial Guide, and PassPorter. PassPorter is the only one I buy yearly, the others I get every other year. Very often, because they must actually go to press before the end of the year, some things that have changed aren’t mentioned in the books ie. the 90 day ADRs. I also have gotten the Dining Guide, The Complete Walt Disney Guide 2009, and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Walt Disney World (which is wonderful.) You can never have too much information! And reading the books just builds the anticipation.

I guess I have some serious shopping to do after work LOL

Kim

[QUOTE=kimblebee;951002]I have a copy of the Birnbaums book for 2009. Will this have all the info I need or should I spring for the unofficial guide too? I have a feeling that everyone will say that you can never have too much info and I tend to agree with that. Maybe I’m just asking permission to spend more money on Disney stuff from people who will truly understand the obsession LOL

Kim[/QUOTE]

I also bought Birnbaums 2009 edition just because I wanted to read about WDW. I finished Birnbaums and still needed more Disney so I picked up the unofficial guide which had much more info that I found useful.
28 days till we leave for WDW woo hoo !!!

That settles it. I’m buying an unofficial guide. Unless someone has a copy they want to donate to me LOL

Kim

[QUOTE=kimblebee;951046]That settles it. I’m buying an unofficial guide. Unless someone has a copy they want to donate to me LOL

Kim[/QUOTE]

that is a very, very good idea. Besides if you didn’t - the wrath of Andrea oy vey :blink:

How is the birnbaums guide this year? I was thinking about getting it just for fun.

[QUOTE=kimblebee;951046]That settles it. I’m buying an unofficial guide. Unless someone has a copy they want to donate to me LOL

Kim[/QUOTE]

Echoing the above. The UG is THE book for many of us to plan for WDW. I haven’t used it but I know many here swear by Passporter, so it must be good.

The point was made it’s hard for the guides to keep up as the are printed once a year. The UG has a companion website, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World — TouringPlans.com, that provides edits, updates, and some additional content. I think you can register for the full content of the site for about five bucks or so a year.

Good luck!

I use tourguidemike.com. TONs of information- it is $20, but worth IMO.

I was told to purchase Birnbaum’s but once I arrived at Barnes and Nobles and saw the UG there was no question about it I was going to purchase the UG. I just started reading it because I want to read it front to back. I admit to the obsession…all I do is go to the different websites and message boards finding out anything I can to make my trip better since this will be our 1st Trip to WDW! This is going to be the longest 96 days…lol!!!

apayne- hang in there… it will go by fast-sort of. you will have a blast!

The Unofficial Guide is the best I think! I never buy anything in addition to it. I just bought the 2009 edition because the 2010 isn’t released until a couple weeks before our trip and with a 6 mo old, who has time to read?!

I really like The Complete Walt Disney World 2009 by Julie and Mike neal.

Hi Kim! Between your book and this site should be good for ya. Check out Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World. also you have my email if you have any questions.

Did I see the [COLOR=“Red”]“obsession” word lol. :blink: No one here has an obsession. Last I counted I have 6 guide books from the last two years and I visit maybe 30 or so different web sites about WDW. I do agree the The Unofficial Guide is one of the best.[/COLOR]

Unofficial guide…Brinbaums is really only good for pictures.