Is Festival of the Lion King doing a temp closure?

Pam just mentioned something about this. Have I missed an announcement?

What??? Now??? No please!

All I have heard is that it will be closing down in January for the construction of AvatarLand and will be moving to a new theater in the future.

That’s all I can find. Pam swears she saw it otherwise.

And who am I to ??? the Boss. :laugh:

One of the many podcasts I listen to said it is rumored and let me reinterate rumored that it is going to be replaced.

The only thing I know is that the show was running full bore 4 weeks ago.
And no indications of any changes in the near future.

There are no solid announcements anywhere as to a closure. I personally cannot see them shutting it down in December and not having it on a list now. Of course, what do I know.

I understand moving it if they are really going to go through with the Avatar land. But I would think they would build another site for the show before closing it.

But like others, that’s just me. Can you imagine going to AK with one of the main entertainment options cloaed for a long period? Geeesh.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1120223]I understand moving it if they are really going to go through with the Avatar land. But I would think they would build another site for the show before closing it.

But like others, that’s just me. Can you imagine going to AK with one of the main entertainment options cloaed for a long period? Geeesh.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember the bird show being closed for a long time and who can forget when they closed Tarzan Rocks in order to enclose the theater and then when they reopened, Tarzan was gone and Nemo had moved in. That little project kept that venue dark for perhaps 9 months.

I’ve heard about them moving it to a new location but I can’t see them replacing it…then again I though Tarzan Rocks would go on forever and was devastated when they closed that, it ha some of the best music!

You never know with Disney!

I can’t believe that. Is that true ?